Close
Login to Your Account
Page 306 of 325 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 6497
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RC99 View Post
    I don't know but according to the polls Teresa May was getting an 80 seat majority last time and we weren't going to vote to leave the EU.

Regards Tyrone.

2. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I used to think "Rubbery Figures " was the six o clock news.....should have been suspicious when it wasnt actually on at six .

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RC99 View Post
    THAT one.. got it right, last go. I can't see it, this go. More weakness, horseshit, confusion than strength, truth, or clarity, all sides..

One might more reasonably expect a repeat of a "hung" Parliament.... and even wish they'd just get-on with building the damned Gallows..

Blighty hasn't been as AFU in ages, nor Tories quite as much self-damaged goods.

Stone "UNpredictable" is MY prediction!

As a courtesy to my Brethren who actually have to LIVE there? I'll continue to abstain from even voting. In favour of simply runnin' my mouth. Or keyboard, as it were. Pretty much in the "pox on ALL their houses" mode, and doubt I'm a minority at it.

But it don't seem right - to me, personally - that expats (there are rather a lot OF them..) vote when we can just shake our heads and ignore what those in-residence must endure, and can NOT ignore.

Leave 'em to chose their own flavour of poison, I say.

Tuppence worth...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well-I think I'll vote for that nice Mr Corbyn. He's nice and cuddly and he's going to give us all the sweeties we want and someone else will pay. And the Labour Rose has no thorns so I know they are all nice and cuddly.

6. Likes camscan, Limy Sami, daredo222 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TedinNorfolk View Post
    Well-I think I'll vote for that nice Mr Corbyn. He's nice and cuddly and he's going to give us all the sweeties we want and someone else will pay. And the Labour Rose has no thorns so I know they are all nice and cuddly.
    Sure that's still "Ted in Norfolk"?

Sounds more like "Ted in Rampton Secure" actually...

Can't say the decline in the quality of the Tories spared quality degradation of Labour.

Not as if any of the patents on wankery of the brains of the general public had gone without prolific cross-licensing is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    THAT one.. got it right, last go. I can't see it, this go. More weakness, horseshit, confusion than strength, truth, or clarity, all sides..

One might more reasonably expect a repeat of a "hung" Parliament.... and even wish they'd just get-on with building the damned Gallows..

Blighty hasn't been as AFU in ages, nor Tories quite as much self-damaged goods.

Stone "UNpredictable" is MY prediction!

As a courtesy to my Brethren who actually have to LIVE there? I'll continue to abstain from even voting. In favour of simply runnin' my mouth. Or keyboard, as it were. Pretty much in the "pox on ALL their houses" mode, and doubt I'm a minority at it.

But it don't seem right - to me, personally - that expats (there are rather a lot OF them..) vote when we can just shake our heads and ignore what those in-residence must endure, and can NOT ignore.

Leave 'em to chose their own flavour of poison, I say.

Tuppence worth...
    I don't have to live here,I choose to live here. Only one other place I would go but somebody has beaten me to it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    I don't have to live here,I choose to live here. Only one other place I would go but somebody has beaten me to it.
    Didn't COST so damned much, I'd live there meself. Lots of nice places, still yet. Virginia is waay cheaper.

Mind, ever I did do, some of you lot might LEAVE after all.... in protest!

Come to think of it? More than a few folk DID leave as a byproduct of my last go in Westminster. National Iranian Oil Company HQ.

We weren't exactly playing for the same team, as it were?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Didn't COST so damned much, I'd live there meself. Lots of nice places, still yet. Virginia is waay cheaper.

Mind, ever I did do, some of you lot might LEAVE after all.... in protest!

Come to think of it? More than a few folk DID leave as a byproduct of my last go in Westminster. National Iranian Oil Company HQ.

We weren't exactly playing for the same team, as it were?

I can still afford to buy you a pint.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can still afford to buy you a pint.
    LOL! "Iqualmente", thanks. I can still stand my rounds as well.

Wuudn' insult yah with what gets put into pints, 'ERE, either!

I should check... tho'.... It could was that the UK ones I put-by here might be cheaper even imported than served where made.

VAT izzit?

Lessee:

Perhaps our best "local", coast to coast: Yeungling, 200-odd years outta Bremen, and close enuf to the original Czech Budvar @ USD 6.99/6-pak of 16 US Oz.

UK's "pint" is larger - some of our tap houses offer the choice, just pull to a different glass.

Can't find Bombardier, Black Sheep, Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin, Pedigree, Directors, Pride, Taddy, Newcastle Brown, Tetley, Boddingtons, John Smith, and many others we HAVE on the shelves online just now but.... about 30% above to double the price of US ones is all.

Virginia GST is 4.3 %

VAT is wot now? 20%, up 2% since last I lived in the UK even just on assignment.

Beers and Bitter are bad enough. It's when you start pricing fresh veg and good Beef ...Swiss surrogate son says Europe pays as much as five times our costs.

Mind, the Swiss DO get top-quality. Not all of ours is. Not by a long shot!
    Have to know your stuff, shop accordingly.

Housing is the other big hammer... petrol.. public trans... apparel.. we could go on, but for all our bitching and moaning, US is far less expensive than the EU in general, COL and taxes both.

Never mind the cheap seats, former East Bloc.. top-tier EU economies, US is roughly HALF the overall COL, roof-over included.

Common sense. OTOH? Seem reversed.

And there you have the leveler.

We tend to piss-away the advantage twice-over on houses too large to heat and cool affordabley, pricey vehicles we don't need, and too many of them, Hellacious interest paid on debts for the silly toys, including an "alleged" education, and let's not even start on Health Insurance... too many Tee shirts, already on that score...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

LOL! "Iqualmente", thanks. I can still stand my rounds as well.

Wuudn' insult yah with what gets put into pints, 'ERE, either!

I should check... tho'.... It could was that the UK ones I put-by here might be cheaper even imported than served where made.

VAT izzit?

Lessee:

Perhaps our best "local", coast to coast: Yeungling, 200-odd years outta Bremen, and close enuf to the original Czech Budvar @ USD 6.99/6-pak of 16 US Oz.

UK's "pint" is larger - some of our tap houses offer the choice, just pull to a different glass.

Can't find Bombardier, Black Sheep, Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin, Pedigree, Directors, Pride, Taddy, Newcastle Brown, Tetley, Boddingtons, John Smith, and many others we HAVE on the shelves online just now but.... about 30% above to double the price of US ones is all.

Virginia GST is 4.3 %

VAT is wot now? 20%, up 2% since last I lived in the UK even just on assignment.

Beers and Bitter are bad enough. It's when you start pricing fresh veg and good Beef ...Swiss surrogate son says Europe pays as much as five times our costs.

Mind, the Swiss DO get top-quality. Not all of ours is. Not by a long shot!
    Have to know your stuff, shop accordingly.

Housing is the other big hammer... petrol.. public trans... apparel.. we could go on, but for all our bitching and moaning, US is far less expensive than the EU in general, COL and taxes both. Never mind the cheap seats, former East Bloc.. top-tier EU economies, US is roughly HALF the overall COL, roof-over included.
    I don't care, I've taken root here. Here I is and here I stays. You want decent beer then you come to England.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care, I've taken root here. Here I is and here I stays. You want decent beer then you come to England.
    ..That would explain the smell....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    ..That would explain the smell....
    I just get a Digger in to dig a new pit, problem solved.
    I can't stand the smell but Diggers have to.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just get a Digger in to dig a new pit, problem solved.
    I can't stand the smell but Diggers have to.
    LOL!

Yo!, Dug? It's Blighty.

Got more than one way to "take the piss".

Be careful what you open yerself up for!

16. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Yeah wind the clock forward about 10 years and you could find our current Prime Minister trashing fancy restaurants just for the hell of it and then running away from the police along with the last Tory Prime Minster but one and the rest of the Bullingdon Club.

It wasn't a problem though because they had parents rich enough to pay for putting the restaurants back together again.

Regards Tyrone.
    Just because Boris and his mates are entitled fuckwits doesn't mean that Corbyn and his anti-Semite buddies should be the next Government.

Who's likely to do more damage to the country's economy?

Yeah yeah I know - Brexit will be the end of the world so elect Corbyn. Good luck with THAT as an alternative.....

PDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    Just because Boris and his mates are entitled fuckwits doesn't mean that Corbyn and his anti-Semite buddies should be the next Government.

Who's likely to do more damage to the country's economy?

Yeah yeah I know - Brexit will be the end of the world so elect Corbyn. Good luck with THAT as an alternative.....

PDW
    Somebody has to form a government. There isn't a realistic third option. Given the damage this lot have done to the fabric of the country in the last ten years I'm not prepared to give them another 5 years to complete the job. We desperately need a change of direction. I'll be voting for the Labour Party. Leaders come and go, I vote for the wave, not the surfer. If I was willing to hold my nose and vote for Tony Blair I can vote for Corbyn.

Regards Tyrone.

19. Likes Limy Sami, Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately, when the self-declared definition of anti-semitism includes any criticism of the policies of the state of Israel, principled people like Mr Corbyn will be labelled as such.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

However,no one gets to vote for Corbyn ,save those enrolled in his electorate.A safe seat for sure ,doubtless full of recent and earlier immigrants ,and one where is likely no need for the Labor candidate to even show during the campaign ..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Unfortunately, when the self-declared definition of anti-semitism includes any criticism of the policies of the state of Israel, principled people like Mr Corbyn will be labelled as such.
    Not only a poor term "anti-semitic", also usually inaccurately used. Nearly always, actually. Not just "now and then".

They may be the most numerous, but not all Semitic peoples are Arabs. Some are Jewish. Though not all Jews are Semitic. And not-only. Lebanese Christians as well. Or some are. And not-only. Ethiopians, too. Or some are.., and... etc.

It isn't a political or religious thing. It's language group origin and the accompanying historical genetics. DNA and language as trace back to the city-state and civilization of Sumer & rather wide surrounds.

I don't think Corbyn is actually anti-semitic, nor even anti-Arab nor Anti-Jewish, let alone anti-Amharic-speaker.. even if he opposes some or most of what the Government of Israel does, has done, indicates they plan to do.

Anti-success? That I could buy.

So I don't KNOW if he deserves the term "principled", either.

Seems more the opportunist, actually. Not just "the usual" as politicians almost ALWAYS are. More so than the average. Corbyn just ain't really "Labour" in my view. A parasite RIDING it, rather.

What is more clear is that - politics aside - he hasn't shown the ABILITY to be at all likely to be an effective PM. IOW - as a Manager, Administrator, or the inspirational leader as can assemble teaming, marshall the votes, or see to other cooperative arrangements to get anything much of any value actually DONE... rather than a professional complainer/obstructor.

Be the UK's face in the face of other world leaders? How's that meant to work?

Winning would require a role change from obstructor to enabler. I just don't see it in him. I don't see anyone WANTING to work with him, either. Not even within his own party. The Tories have no patent on intra-party anarchy.

Not that his lack means the opposition is any BETTER.

Just that we've got s**t-lousy choices on the present menu.

If labour is your choice, then so be it. But is surely ain't based on "Corbyn merit" just because the OTHER choice is "fawlty".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been around politics since the late 1960's. In all that time the right wing Tory supporting gutter press has trashed whoever was the leader of the Labour Party, in or out of power. The only exception to this for a brief period was Tony Blair. That was only because he was kissing Rupert Murdoch's arse.

So you could argue that the way the current gutter press has gone for the current leader, Jeremy Corbyn, is nothing new.
    What is new is the degree of the abuse that has been thrown at him. It's unprecedented in my opinion.

I read the other day that the number 1 culprit in this campaign, " The Daily Mail ", is buying the " I " newspaper. That will mean that 65% of the national newspaper market will be in the control of just two men !

This is the same " Daily Mail " that was the cheerleader for Hitler and the Nazi's before the 1939-45 war !

They are intent on delivering an election result that preserves their power.

Regards Tyrone.

24. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Even if... the news is READ, d'yah really think anyone TRUSTS it?

No matter HOW yah cut it, NO party has ANYBODY exactly "inspirational", do they?

Let alone anyone as looks to be at least a good and honest "steward" - even if NOT inspirational.

The maddening Media are having to prop up damned fools and outright clowns for lack of any more decent options.

Lot of that going around, BTW.

Blighty sure don't hold any sort of patent on it.