Close
Login to Your Account
Page 307 of 308 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308 LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've been around politics since the late 1960's. In all that time the right wing Tory supporting gutter press has trashed whoever was the leader of the Labour Party, in or out of power. The only exception to this for a brief period was Tony Blair. That was only because he was kissing Rupert Murdoch's arse.

So you could argue that the way the current gutter press has gone for the current leader, Jeremy Corbyn, is nothing new.
    What is new is the degree of the abuse that has been thrown at him. It's unprecedented in my opinion.

I read the other day that the number 1 culprit in this campaign, " The Daily Mail ", is buying the " I " newspaper. That will mean that 65% of the national newspaper market will be in the control of just two men !

This is the same " Daily Mail " that was the cheerleader for Hitler and the Nazi's before the 1939-45 war !

They are intent on delivering an election result that preserves their power.

Regards Tyrone.
    Old saying ;- There's only one thing worse that the Daily Mail, it's readers.

2. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Unfortunately, when the self-declared definition of anti-semitism includes any criticism of the policies of the state of Israel, principled people like Mr Corbyn will be labelled as such.
    Point. On that basis I could be classified as an anti-Semite when what I actually am is a person opposed to the forced displacement of landowners and the 'heads I win tails you lose' differential treatment of building activity by Zionists vis a vis Palestinians in the same territory.

PDW

4. Likes Mark Rand, Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats what happens when you lose a war or two or three.The Palestinians are my definition of stupid people doing stupid things.The Israelis can play them for comic relief any day of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Thats what happens when you lose a war or two or three.The Palestinians are my definition of stupid people doing stupid things.The Israelis can play them for comic relief any day of the week.
    True but that's a separate issue.

I don't accept that the invisible magic sky father gave the Zionists the right by force of arms and blatant discrimination to force people off of their land, nor refuse them building permissions, nor demolish structures, when they don't apply the same rules to all.

Under those circumstances I fully understand the bitterness, the resistance and the long term anger.

However the way they've gone about it has been utterly counterproductive.

And I still think Corbyn is a POS who'll be a disaster as PM but the bright part of that is, it's not my problem and I can't think offhand of anything he can do that'll have any significant effect on Australia so - shrug.

Could be really good entertainment to be had, from a distance.

PDW

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Even if... the news is READ, d'yah really think anyone TRUSTS it?
    Unfortunately, I think they do.

I don't think most people read the news for information tho ... I think most people have a program, then they find a news source that will validate their perspective. It's not really news, in the sense of being an accurate portrayal of fact. Or even an attempt at being an accurate portrayal of fact

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    We seem to be away from Brexit

Re Palestinians. I wonder how many of them realize that they are being played like pawns by other countries who don't want to get "involved" with Israel.

I'm not particularly pro Israel but Israel could remove the Gaza strip and all in it in a very short time. How many countries would put up with constant attacks from "neighbours"?

The chances of Palestinians and Israelis ever negotiating peace are slim to none as long as the Palestinians are encouraged to "revolt" by their Arabic "brothers". Where does the money Palestinians use on weapons come from? To the "brothers" it's a game. To Israel it's survival.

9. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Old saying ;- There's only one thing worse that the Daily Mail, it's readers.
    Would you suggest that I read the guardian or the daily star?

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I'm not particularly pro Israel but Israel could remove the Gaza strip and all in it in a very short time. How many countries would put up with constant attacks from "neighbours"?

The chances of Palestinians and Israelis ever negotiating peace are slim to none as long as the Palestinians are encouraged to "revolt" by their Arabic "brothers". Where does the money Palestinians use on weapons come from? To the "brothers" it's a game. To Israel it's survival.
    Bollocks! Where does the money that Israel spend on weapons come from? One would think that keeping people in enforced ghettos would be anathema to the Israeli population.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bollocks! Where does the money that Israel spend on weapons come from? One would think that keeping people in enforced ghettos would be anathema to the Israeli population.
    You would think that wouldn't you? But they are gods chosen people, so it's ok.

North Korea: China:: Israel: US

Well except the US being the sock puppet so maybe the other way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been around politics since the late 1960's. In all that time the right wing Tory supporting gutter press has trashed whoever was the leader of the Labour Party, in or out of power. The only exception to this for a brief period was Tony Blair. That was only because he was kissing Rupert Murdoch's arse.

So you could argue that the way the current gutter press has gone for the current leader, Jeremy Corbyn, is nothing new.
    What is new is the degree of the abuse that has been thrown at him. It's unprecedented in my opinion.

I read the other day that the number 1 culprit in this campaign, " The Daily Mail ", is buying the " I " newspaper. That will mean that 65% of the national newspaper market will be in the control of just two men !

This is the same " Daily Mail " that was the cheerleader for Hitler and the Nazi's before the 1939-45 war !

They are intent on delivering an election result that preserves their power.

Regards Tyrone.
    Daily Mail circulation 1,246,000
    Guardian circulation 141,000.
    Do you think that you maybe the second largest newspaper is right and a newspaper which begs for donations may not be too clever!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Do you think that you maybe the second largest newspaper is right and a newspaper which begs for donations may not be too clever!
    I dunno, lets check the ratings of the boogieman Fox vs it's competitors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Would you suggest that I read the guardian or the daily star?
    You of all people should know ;-

If it's not in the Eastern Daily press, you do not need to know about it. Norfolk News, Sport & What's On - Eastern Daily Press

16. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Much from the US, some from foreign sales. And if you lived in a country that was surrounded by enemies that sought your extinction (not metaphorically, but literally), would you casually invite them to do so?

18. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That comes across as biased. The Palestinians have certainly been fantastic at making it all about them being the victims and you and others buy it.

The Palestinians are being used as canon fodder by their Arabic "brothers". Every time there has been a "peace negotiation" who has turned it down?

If some Welsh started firing rockets into your backyard would you feel sorry for them or do something about it? Same with Sein Fein. I've no sympathy for them but I sure as hell can understand why they became what they did.

What's your thoughts on what Israel could do to satisfy Palestinians and make peace?

Worth noting too.

In 1917, Britain issued the “Balfour Declaration,” which declared its intent to establish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Although protested by the Arab states, the Balfour Declaration was included in the British mandate over Palestine, which was authorized by the League of Nations in 1922.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bollocks! Where does the money that Israel spend on weapons come from?
    Mostly from their own economy. $18 Bn defense budget, $3 Bn of that from the US.

US aid to Israel (and Egypt) was negotiated in the Camp David Accords by Jimmy Carter. Israel got $1.8 Bn a year, and Egypt got 75% of that- $1.3 Bn.

Prior to that, we weren't doing much for Israel. Israel's military aid increased under Clinton, and non-military aid was reduced. So today Israel gets about $3 Bn, and Egypt is still at $1.3 Bn or so.

Basically, we pay them to pretend to like each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, not for a minute. Have you ever read " The Daily Mail "? Cancer in print.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, not for a minute. Have you ever read " The Daily Mail "? Cancer in print.

Regards Tyrone.
    Once upon a time newspapers reported the news. Now they try and make the news. Same with TV.

Print what gets people to buy and to hell with if it's relevant or true. Some newspapers are though a bit better than others.

Would any honest would be politician ever get elected?

It's not even about giving people what they want. It's about giving them what they think they want.

Same with prime ministers and presidents. Is it about what's best for the country or toeing the party line? You can fool some of the people some of the time and others all the time.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    That comes across as biased. The Palestinians have certainly been fantastic at making it all about them being the victims and you and others buy it.

The Palestinians are being used as canon fodder by their Arabic "brothers". Every time there has been a "peace negotiation" who has turned it down?

If some Welsh started firing rockets into your backyard would you feel sorry for them or do something about it? Same with Sein Fein. I've no sympathy for them but I sure as hell can understand why they became what they did.

What's your thoughts on what Israel could do to satisfy Palestinians and make peace?

Worth noting too.

In 1917, Britain issued the “Balfour Declaration,” which declared its intent to establish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Although protested by the Arab states, the Balfour Declaration was included in the British mandate over Palestine, which was authorized by the League of Nations in 1922.

Try looking for the term Quantitative Military Edge. The view isn't biased. Note also that the Balfour declaration (albeit the biggest foreign policy fuckup that Britain has ever made), did not state that all of the Palestine would be a Jewish nation, only that there should be a Jewish homeland in the Palestine. Seventy years of genocide have folloed on from that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Try looking for the term Quantitative Military Edge. The view isn't biased. Note also that the Balfour declaration (albeit the biggest foreign policy fuckup that Britain has ever made), did not state that all of the Palestine would be a Jewish nation, only that there should be a Jewish homeland in the Palestine. Seventy years of genocide have folloed on from that.
    Let's not forget the aftermath of WW2 though - that changed the political equation.

As for 'genocide' you and others overwork that word to the point that it's becoming meaningless.

Also on a number of occasions the Palestinians were offered a deal. Each time they decided to roll the dice and go for the all or nothing option.

How's that working out for them?

PDW

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You have your opinion, I have mine. Countries and borders constantly change. Some peacefully, some not.