Page 318 of 327 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6525
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    I'm sure it was as well, …….old foreigner trick, ......outright insult then play the ''Oops did I get it wrong, ha ha ha.''card.

IMO the UK's acted the cunt with the EU so deserves all it get's
    Of course she ment it, because she is braindead as 90% of the population in Croatia. And btw, this is coming from a Croat that lives and works in the UK as a machinist for the past 2 years or so!

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Zokes View Post
    Of course she ment it, because she is braindead as 90% of the population in Croatia. And btw, this is coming from a Croat that lives and works in the UK as a machinist for the past 2 years or so!
    Interesting!!!
    So what's your take on the whole Brexit thing?
    What's your take on other EU countries pushing to leave?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pressbrake1 View Post
    As the Uk is a handy place for east Europeans to make money either legally or illegally they certainly keep the old hatred going.
    Unlike the elderly ‘woke’ uk contingent on here I actually work with them and Im still shocked how someone can live and work in a country and hate everything about it.
    As a pol said to me” uk is our country now, you English should go to Australia ‘ I hope he was joking, oz is far to hot
    You do realise I live and worked in Rochdale and not some leafy Southern suburb ?

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aaar ,there's trouble at t' mill,then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    You do realise I live and worked in Rochdale and not some leafy Southern suburb ?

Regards Tyrone.
    Whats wrong with rochdale ?
    You collect fine watches and drink with lisa stansfield

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not any more, I've changing drinking haunts.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Aaar ,there's trouble at t' mill,then?
    Only in the mills that are converted to Yuppie flats.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ayup!!!
    Now we're talkin

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Ayup!!!
    Now we're talkin
    Lisa Stansfield drinks in a local pub I used to drink in all the time. You couldn't meet a more down to earth and less " I am " person if you tried. She's very " normal " and not at all a star.
    I no longer drink in there because a new bar opened in town that I like more. I see her husband in the new bar now and again but not Lisa. To be honest a bout of diverticulitis has stopped me drinking alcohol for a while now.
    I've got a few nice watches, it's become a bit of a hobby lately. Once you retire you need some new interests.

Regards Tyrone.

10. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lisa Stansfield drinks in a local pub I used to drink in all the time. You couldn't meet a more down to earth and less " I am " person if you tried. She's very " normal " and not at all a star.

Regards Tyrone.
    I think a lot of the "don't you know who i am" (or even "don't you know who i used to be" ) is down to the location.
    The nearer London you get, the more of the arse one becomes...

12. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Weiter so, englischer Dreck, dann ist es das PM-Konzentrationslager für dich! Ich persönlich sorge dafür, dass mein Freund Gordo sich persönlich darum kümmert!...

Sie haben tatsächlich einen guten Punkt gemacht. Bitte ignoriere meine vorherigen Kommentare.

14. Likes barbter, Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think a lot of the "don't you know who i am" (or even "don't you know who i used to be" ) is down to the location.
    Back in the day when jobs were really plentiful I was chatting to one of the toolmakers I was working with. He hadn't worked with us for long but you could tell he was a top toolmaker, he could turn his hand to anything. He was also a very witty guy who compered in the local night clubs in his spare time ! He could sing and crack gags as well.

Anyway we'd been going through local newspaper at lunch time remarking on all the jobs that were on offer. As we were still talking who should walk up but the works manager. I stopped chatting because I could see he wanted a word with my pal. My pal still carried on chatting for a while until in exasperation the works manager blurted out " Do you know who I am ? ". Quick as a flash my mate replied " We better phone for the first aider Tyrone, there's a bloke here who doesn't know who he is ! "

The works manager said " My name's Jim Smith, I'm the works manager here and you need to show me more respect."

My pal just took him by the arm down to where we'd left the newspaper open on the end of the bench.

He said " Here, look at all these jobs vacant, Fitters, turners, millers. welders, jig borer, plano-miller, more fitters wanted. I don't see any vacancies for works managers ! "

The works manager went as red as a beetroot, turned on his heel and walked off pretty qiuickly.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Thank you for that.
    He does come from the deep south you know.

17. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Weiter so, englischer Dreck, dann ist es das PM-Konzentrationslager für dich! Ich persönlich sorge dafür, dass mein Freund Gordo sich persönlich darum kümmert!...

Sie haben tatsächlich einen guten Punkt gemacht. Bitte ignoriere meine vorherigen Kommentare.
    2 sugars, Thursday week.

19. Likes barbter, Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back in the day when jobs were really plentiful I was chatting to one of the toolmakers I was working with. He hadn't worked with us for long but you could tell he was a top toolmaker, he could turn his hand to anything. He was also a very witty guy who compered in the local night clubs in his spare time ! He could sing and crack gags as well.

Anyway we'd been going through local newspaper at lunch time remarking on all the jobs that were on offer. As we were still talking who should walk up but the works manager. I stopped chatting because I could see he wanted a word with my pal. My pal still carried on chatting for a while until in exasperation the works manager blurted out " Do you know who I am ? ". Quick as a flash my mate replied " We better phone for the first aider Tyrone, there's a bloke here who doesn't know who he is ! "

The works manager said " My name's Jim Smith, I'm the works manager here and you need to show me more respect."

My pal just took him by the arm down to where we'd left the newspaper open on the end of the bench.

He said " Here, look at all these jobs vacant, Fitters, turners, millers. welders, jig borer, plano-miller, more fitters wanted. I don't see any vacancies for works managers ! "

The works manager went as red as a beetroot, turned on his heel and walked off pretty qiuickly.

Regards Tyrone.
    Chapeau!
    I've never met your workmate but i like him already

21. Likes Limy Sami, Demon73, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So talking of trouble at 'mill...

According to the FT, there's big arguments over the EU budget because of the whole that the UK will leave.
    Subscribe to read | Financial Times

But this caught my eye;-
    Germany is anxious to get the discussions settled before it takes up its presidency in the second half of the year — a period that officials expect will be heavily consumed by talks with the UK over the shape of its EU trade agreement.

I guess it's no surprise then - infact, a cynic may even say that the whole dragging Brexit out by UK Parliament may have been to engineer the situation that when the time is for the UK to negotiate its trade agreements, it WILL be sat opposite to Germany...

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    And then done a runner to educate people of a lower life style.
    Don't you know who i used to be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chapeau!
    I've never met your workmate but i like him already
    He was a real larger than life character. He'd say to me " I'm compering a gig in a night club tonight, do you fancy coming with me to keep me company ? , it'll be free ale ? ". I'd say " Where is it Brian ? ". He'd reply " Barrow " or " Hull " somewhere bloody miles away. This would be on a working day evening. I'd roll in next morning after a good nights sleep at 7-55am feeling weary. Brian would have a ghetto blaster going with a tape playing of him performing the night before, singing along to the tape, full of beans. This would be after getting home about 2-30 am !

He must have been on something to have that much energy. He was by far the best toolmaker in the shop but he'd think nothing of leaving to go to another shop for 3p an hour more

There is a sad end to this story. Brian and his wife had just one child, a son, who was the apple of their eye.
    He was at Sheffield University and on his graduation day he was travelling over to Sheffield from Manchester to receive his degree when he was killed in a car crash. Brian was never the same guy again.

Shortly after the works manager's confrontation with Brian the works manager had a breakdown and we never saw him again.

Regards Tyrone.
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 02-11-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a mate like that ....in a band ,tried to sleep at work,everyone had to cover for him,he once arrived at work to clock on in his jammies.....often turned up hung over ,or actually drunk...The union was the only reason he wasnt sacked .....eventually sacked ,with the unions agreement......Ya gotta be bad when the union agrees.....Nice wife and two small kids.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many moons ago I was pulled over for a routine Department of Transport vehicle check along with HM Customs & Excise to check for red diesel etc etc, …….and as is the case they have a cop or two in attendance.

Bit of a PITA, but the law's the law etc etc and it's easiest to just swallow it go with the flow.

I was well over 1/2 way to a clean bill of health, when a well known local upper class twat got out of a Land Rover that had been pulled in, …...huffing and puffing about petty beaurocracy wasting his valuable time - he had a farm to run etc etc.

Which of course the forces of law and order had heard before - many times over, so took no notice which only wound the twat up more, ……...as a cop asked if he had a current tax disc - he hadn't it was in the post at which the cop said ''for 4 months? - sir''

It get's better, Customs man is dipping his tank when the twat lost it, shouting THIS IS RIDICULOUS DO YOU KNOW WHO MY FATHER IS?

At which older cop says as matter of fact as you like ''No son - does your mother?''