Page 321 of 327 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 6525
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Bloody hell, he's even got his own theme tune!

YouTube
    Well that's now rattling around in my head - catchy little number!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

V
    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    So while eating my toast, i had a look about on the webernet as I've not been reading much for a while.
    And i read that Merkels replacement leader (AKK) has resigned.

And the EU countries are squabbling over a 240billion shortfall in the budget *demanded* by the EP for the next 7 year budget.
    And 2020 was supposed to be the year of the Euro (see attached graph)?

Interesting ref the UK spend chart - the Cons can't blame the Labour gov for this one...(see attached)

Meanwhile, Theresa May has had a nice windfall for speaking about Brexit since she quit as PM (I thought she was sacked?)

190k for signing up to a US agency
    100k+ from UBS of Switzerland
    75k from JP Morgan Chase
    Compared to blair colluding with bush to permanently destabilise the Middle East
    and then becoming horrendously wealthy off the back off it shes just making a few ‘honest’(joke) pennies

3. Likes Limy Sami, barbter, Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Her's the latest form the UK chief negotiator for the upcoming talks.
    Some very big points he's making here
    https://twitter.com/pietercleppe/sta...85181733670916

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pressbrake1 View Post
    V

Compared to blair colluding with bush to permanently destabilise the Middle East
    and then becoming horrendously wealthy off the back off it shes just making a few ‘honest’(joke) pennies
    "Middle East" went "permanently de-stabilized" around the time Sumer had their little water problem. The only thing that changes is the intensity of the sound and light shows.

Anyhoo..... why should it be any more stable than the REST of a fractious world?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Her's the latest form the UK chief negotiator for the upcoming talks.
    Some very big points he's making here
    https://twitter.com/pietercleppe/sta...85181733670916
    It's going to be a very ''hard'' Brexit, while of course being dressed up to look like the UK has been more than reasonable.

And as a result we are going to get our arses kicked all round the yard and back again, ………………… in the UK the first quarter of 2021 is going to be very grim and hard going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's going to be a very ''hard'' Brexit, while of course being dressed up to look like the UK has been more than reasonable.

And as a result we are going to get our arses kicked all round the yard and back again, ………………… in the UK the first quarter of 2021 is going to be very grim and hard going.
    OTOH if your currency goes down the tubes it might be a really good time to have a holiday there...

PDW

8. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And as a result we are going to get our arses kicked all round the yard and back again, …………………
    Hang on. Brexit just took the most belligerant ass-kicker OUT of the EU.

Ourselves.

Whom is it within the EU as is expected to have the financial wherewithal and the time to spare from their OWN troubles to DO any "ass kicking", now?

Messing-up the UK will have become an expensive luxury, an "outside expense". No longer a built-in right and privilege as it was when the UK was footing much of the bill for its own economic proctological circuses.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the pound is about to crash,I will hold off buying a new Exhaust system for my Panther for a while.....The poms do make good stuff for old bikes ,no doubt about it....Might get some new rims and spokes,too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    OTOH if your currency goes down the tubes it might be a really good time to have a holiday there...

PDW
    If you want to holiday in a 3rd world country.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To be honest, i'm not sure which way it'll go, because i haven't been up-to-date on doing much reading.
    A big chunk of me still can't believe it will be "hard" because the establishment were so keen to stay - so to do a U turn when they're all pre-programmed into the one direction will absolutely amaze me.
    Here's a bit about the UK Brexit negotiator that i linked (who worked under Ollie Robbins) Boris Johnson’s Brexit man – POLITICO

Long term - currency forecast (GBP against Euro) puts sterling rising out till 2024 when it's then back to current levels Pound To Euro FORECAST 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 - Long Forecast
    Although it seems a crystal ball, but they've been reasonably accurate in the past and we know that it's all manipulated so...?

What i do know is Germany is suffering right now. I'm currently negotiating a used machine from East Germany where the owner is shutting one of his two factories because it's all dried up

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the couple of years i've been gone, i have noticed how cheap (the UK) is getting compared to Spain (well the part that i'm in anyway).
    Some things still remain cheap, but petrol/diesel/electric/gas/white goods/car parts over here are now the same or more cost than the UK.
    Although there's nowhere near the competition here (such as ebay etc) compared to the UK where everyone is fighting to the death on prices...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To be honest, i'm not sure which way it'll go, because i haven't been up-to-date on doing much reading.
    A big chunk of me still can't believe it will be "hard" because the establishment were so keen to stay - so to do a U turn when they're all pre-programmed into the one direction will absolutely amaze me.
    Here's a bit about the UK Brexit negotiator that i linked (who worked under Ollie Robbins) Boris Johnson’s Brexit man – POLITICO

Long term - currency forecast (GBP against Euro) puts sterling rising out till 2024 when it's then back to current levels Pound To Euro FORECAST 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 - Long Forecast
    Although it seems a crystal ball, but they've been reasonably accurate in the past and we know that it's all manipulated so...?

What i do know is Germany is suffering right now. I'm currently negotiating a used machine from East Germany where the owner is shutting one of his two factories because it's all dried up
    That's all the so called ''Big Picture '' shit.

It's the minutiae of daily life as it affects the little guy / ordinary Joe / man in the street is where the f'k ups are gonna be, and some of them will literally be matters of life and death.

Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Hang on. Brexit just took the most belligerant ass-kicker OUT of the EU.

Ourselves.

Whom is it within the EU as is expected to have the financial wherewithal and the time to spare from their OWN troubles to DO any "ass kicking", now?

Messing-up the UK will have become an expensive luxury, an "outside expense". No longer a built-in right and privilege as it was when the UK was footing much of the bill for its own economic proctological circuses.
    On the other hand, if it turns out the UK leaving wasnt part of 'the plan', we might be getting some special 'make an example of em' attention from the United States of Europe.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's all the so called ''Big Picture '' shit.

It's the minutiae of daily life as it affects the little guy / ordinary Joe / man in the street is where the f'k ups are gonna be, and some of them will literally be matters of life and death.
    Fully agree with this. I've said before about the NHS in my parents "affluent South" area where it's 7+ weeks for a doctors appointment now.
    And my wifey losing 45k that was entitled to her for her pension.
    I'm sure this will keep rolling on - gradually squeezing the man who has a fiver in his pocket - until he has 4, 3, then 2...
    For a few years now, (to me) it's all been about wealth distribution. That's why interest rates are at 0 for the man with a bit of savings - chip chip chipping away, devaluing everything we have

Edit: FFS, the gubmint are even preparing kids now for their upcoming financial raping...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

17. Likes Matt_Maguire liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, if i think you're saying what i think you're saying, then according to the Independent, it doesn't look good...

To quote:-
    The difference is, few actually actively seek to move to Scandinavia, for obvious reasons: the weather is appalling, the taxes are the highest in the world, the cost of living is similarly ridiculous, the languages are impenetrable, the food is (still) awful for the most part and, increasingly, these countries are making it very clear they would prefer foreigners to stay away.

Why Denmark isn't the utopian fantasy it is made out to be | The Independent

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's also a 5 year old article - right back to before that twat Cameron agreed to a referendum to shut the ultra right fascist wing of his party up.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's also a 5 year old article - right back to before that twat Cameron agreed to a referendum to shut the ultra right fascist wing of his party up.
    So then there was a vote.

And just over HALF of the UK population turned out to be "right wing facists"?

Or simply ordinary folks - fed-the f**k-UP with being abused by the continentals, with worse, not better coming down the hose-pipe?

Blighty don't NEED two-plus dozen OTHER countries trying to stitch us up.

Already legendary-good at doing THAT job ourselves, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

''And just over HALF of the UK population turned out to be "right wing facists"? ''

Having been fed a pack of lies by a bunch of f'kn Nazi bastards playing the populist card.

22. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's also a 5 year old article...
    I *heard* it's only got worse...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like visiting industrial ruins and obsolete tech like your canal system so it's probably fine for me. It would be nice to be able to speak the local language, though.

PDW