Close
Login to Your Account
Page 329 of 329 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329
Results 6,561 to 6,580 of 6580
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    RIP Brexit. It's as dead as the parrot in the Monty Python sketch. Staying alive has become more important all of a sudden. The virus will have a game changing effect on the electorate.

It can't be beaten by any one nation working in isolation. World wide problems need world wide solutions.

Regards Tyrone.
    The virus has shown that the eu was never cohesive, a bit like a poor marriage that fails when things get tough.
    As a I’ve said before I like the idea of a united Europe I don’t like the gangsters at the commission.
    It also shows the entire west is China dependent which is dangerous not from a political point but when the world is in trouble one country that also suffering can’t supply us all
    After being told we’d be in big trouble for medical supplies with brexit I was shocked to find out 80% come from China.

2. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pressbrake1 View Post
    the virus has shown that the eu was never cohesive, a bit like a poor marriage that fails when things get tough.
    Serious question...What happens when you have money men run the show?
    Look around this site for the amount of times that an accountant has decided to buy/run a machine shop (or any type of engineering company) - how much success happens?

as a I've said before I like the idea of a united europe i don’t like the gangsters at the commission.
    It also shows the entire west is china dependent which is dangerous not from a political point but when the world is in trouble one country that also suffering can’t supply us all
    after being told we’d be in big trouble for medical supplies with brexit i was shocked to find out 80% come from china.
    Hallelujah regarding a closer Europe without gansters in charge!
    But it ALL goes back to the UN and the one.gov plan.
    Ref medical supplies - look at the UN just signing the deal with Tencent - who are the Chinese software company who are behind their surveillance platform wechat - and the retina scanners etc - and they already own controlling shares in a lot of USA media companies, and large online gaming companies etc. Skynet coming on line shortly for us all!
    But look at the deal Clinton made with the Chinese, so US postal has to foot the bill for goods purchased from China.
    You can buy something from China and have it delivered to your door, cheaper than the cost of postal from cross-state!
    It can only be part of the plan - otherwise why would they do it?
    Why make it so cheap to buy things from China?
    Because China are a big state in the UN - it's part of the deal. Part of the plan. It can only be - surely???

I'm glad things have gotten sticky because it's shown the EU to be the leaderless wankers for what they truly are.
    That said, with all the trillions that's now thrown into the air to *save us all*, my gut feeling is that this is accelerating us towards it and not away form it

Regarding Brexit (ie softy Brexit) - I read that they're still pushing on - and "both sides have agreed to not extend the talks" :yawn:
    But I'm thinking Boris is now toast and Raab will be the new man.
    Boris has huge popularity now because he's *delivered Brexit* (not really but hey-ho) and he's almost died for the country!
    So he can step away now forever the hero.
    If he stays, then it's all criticism and therefore down-hill for him going forwards

4. Likes CalG liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The virus has shown that the eu was never cohesive, a bit like a poor marriage that fails when things get tough.
    As a I’ve said before I like the idea of a united Europe I don’t like the gangsters at the commission.
    It also shows the entire west is China dependent which is dangerous not from a political point but when the world is in trouble one country that also suffering can’t supply us all
    After being told we’d be in big trouble for medical supplies with brexit I was shocked to find out 80% come from China.
    The thing is the West really set up with China to be interdependent which is better than the dependence it has become.

Really people do not like the term dependent because it represents a failure to protect the people and interests of any country in favor or looter globalism.

Do not think that such a thing does not produce a crop of rich influential and powerful people who have used the system of global business to gain more wealth and prestige.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Globalism is just another word for cheap labour ...sounds nicer than sweatshop....Does a single one of you care that a hundred women are killed by fire in a locked and barred sweatshop in Dacca to make your cheap shirt....no ,you dont.You just buy the cheap shirt from K Mart or where ever....

7. Likes Limy Sami, barbter, pressbrake1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Globalism is just another word for cheap labour ...sounds nicer than sweatshop....Does a single one of you care that a hundred women are killed by fire in a locked and barred sweatshop in Dacca to make your cheap shirt....no ,you dont. You just buy the cheap shirt from K Mart or where ever....
    Or you can buy a relatively expensive shirt - Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Gant, Hugo Boss etc and when you look closely they are still made in China ! Looks like it's Jermyn Street for your shirts or nothing and even then I bet the work is farmed out to the third world these days.

I used to get a Scandinavian shirt brand - " Eton ". Really top quality. Last time I looked they were made in the Far East. Luckily for me I've enough shirts to ensure I'll never have to buy another one for the rest of my lifetime.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Globalism is just another word for cheap labour ...sounds nicer than sweatshop....Does a single one of you care that a hundred women are killed by fire in a locked and barred sweatshop in Dacca to make your cheap shirt....no ,you dont.You just buy the cheap shirt from K Mart or where ever....
    Globalism isn't "just" cheap labour. It is used by some to get cheap but with other things then it's because some countries make things better than others.

Years ago I was in Paris and was taken to the Moulin Rouge. Cabaret and girls in lovely costumes. All clothes are made in Thailand and are not cheap. Thailand has some very good tailors and many of them originally from northern India. Most of my suits, jackets and trousers were made by a tailor while in Thailand. Not cheap but certainly cost less than if I had them made here.

If everything you needed was made in Australia then it'd only be a question of whether you'd be willing to pay the extra it cost to buy "home made".

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or you can buy a relatively expensive shirt - Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Gant, Hugo Boss etc and when you look closely they are still made in China ! Looks like it's Jermyn Street for your shirts or nothing and even then I bet the work is farmed out to the third world these days.

I used to get a Scandinavian shirt brand - " Eton ". Really top quality. Last time I looked they were made in the Far East. Luckily for me I've enough shirts to ensure I'll never have to buy another one for the rest of my lifetime.

Regards Tyrone.
    At well over £100 for a shirt I doubt if they can be considered cheap copies

Buy premium shirts for men - Business & Casual | Eton Shirts Danmark

A brand name product that gets things made "abroad" would be mad to not monitor what is made for them.

Just about everything can be copied but the price is almost always a giveaway. Would you buy a new Rolex for $100?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Basically yes. Globalism has to have a lot of blindness to ignore the reality of lower costs of materials and labor. Overlook the oppressive leadership and corruption of the country is a good place that they start. Blindness comes in real handy so that someone does not wish to see that this side of globalism has blood all over their hands. As long as people in the West can get their money they do not care. Plus their blood money does not buy a conscience nor does it buy a ticket to heaven.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep - 100% agree.
    The big boys love to refer to it as "opening up opportunities" and "opening up markets" which basically means - yaaayy, move to the next cheap country and exploit it...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Boris has huge popularity now because he's *delivered Brexit* (not really but hey-ho) and he's almost died for the country!
    So he can step away now forever the hero.
    If he stays, then it's all criticism and therefore down-hill for him going forwards
    LOL! Talk about "too close to the forest to see a tree?"

Boris LOVE's "criticism".

He LIVES for the "downhill."

He won't consider himself a "hero" until yah can drive a Leyland Titan doubledecker up his politically reamed-out ass dragging a carnival ferris wheel crosswise and not touch the walls!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One of you will be right, ………………...personally I don't think we'll see BJ back, after that all bets are off.

15. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    CAYMAN ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

17. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    One of you will be right, ………………...personally I don't think we'll see BJ back, after that all bets are off.
    My God, mate, yer an optimist, after all!

After all the SHITE Blighty has been through the past several years on this deal?

There is still any thought of "bets"? Looked to me as if we were back to "bizness, as usual." with what the "accursed race" call "the English Disease".

The younger lads make toast at posh "Public" schoools .. then Ben Dover.

They wait patiently until elected to Parliament.

Then pay it back on the general populace.. with interest!

T'was ever thus...

"He was ..dirty and lousy, and full of fleas...."

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    So what you're telling me is we're not yet *out*, and will never be *out-out*?
    My best shocked face...

Bill - Personally i think you have Boris face about arse.
    He loves the spotlight and doesn't *dooo criticism* in my books.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    So what you're telling me is we're not yet *out*, and will never be *out-out*?
    My best shocked face...

Bill - Personally i think you have Boris face about arse.
    He loves the spotlight and doesn't *dooo criticism* in my books.
    Yahbut.. throw a childish tantrum over it or not, he never gets anything BUT "criticism".

And he keeps coming back for more - turning up when "AB BJ" is the presumed order of the day. Like the proverbial "bad penny".

And then? He gets the dam' job ANYWAY, because - at the end of the day, when things are sore f**ked-up? - why NOT put an "expendable" - a career f**k-up, at the helm?

At least he'll be one who is "in his element" rather than put off his porridge by it!!!

Yah can't STOP him behaving as he does with any sort of petty "distractions", can yah?

F**k's sake.. who wants to venture an attempt when even Covid-19 bit him in the arse and DIED of it!

21. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    At well over £100 for a shirt I doubt if they can be considered cheap copies

Buy premium shirts for men - Business & Casual | Eton Shirts Danmark

A brand name product that gets things made "abroad" would be mad to not monitor what is made for them.

Just about everything can be copied but the price is almost always a giveaway. Would you buy a new Rolex for $100?
    The point I was endeavouring to make was that although the shirts I mentioned are being made mainly in the third world at third world wage rates the shirts are not being sold at third world prices. You still have to pay top dollar for them in the West. It's like buying a Hong Kong made " Rolex " for $10,000.

Regards Tyrone.

23. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The point I was endeavouring to make was that although the shirts I mentioned are being made mainly in the third world at third world wage rates the shirts are not being sold at third world prices. You still have to pay top dollar for them in the West. It's like buying a Hong Kong made " Rolex " for $10,000.

Regards Tyrone.
    I did get your point but we don't see it the same way. When I buy something what I'm looking for is good quality and a sensible price and where it is made has a lower priority.

I doubt is if the majority of the companies that have a "brand name" are interested in being associated with "sweat shops" and "slave labour".

If I have a choice (as good as the same quality and price) then of course I'll choose "home made".

Whether we like it or not the world in becoming "smaller". Just think how many European countries had colonies and it wasn't to help those countries. Were "the good old days" good? To some yes, to most no.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    I doubt is if the majority of the companies that have a "brand name" are interested in being associated with "sweat shops" and "slave labour".
    Sure, they don't. But that is a different thing from actually being associated with them. There's a difference in what you say vs what you do. Anyone that knows knows many large brands source from places with poor regulations, health hazards, worker abuses, etc. Many brands have tried to quell concerns from others by having "audits" and things like that, but let's be real. We all know they aren't going to be making sure every factory is following whatever standards people want, nor do they think they are, they just want you to think that they are or think they are. Plenty of documented cases, and when it's not even their factory they're sourcing from, it makes it even harder to control.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw a prog on telly about major brand names buying clothes produced in slave camps in North Korea......all "sanitized" thru "shadow factories " in China,India ,Bangla Desh,Vietnam, with all the UN human rights accreditations in place. ......Where does Kim get all the money from to prop up the regime ?......from the likes of you ,buying sanitized product of the death camps......Not from me ,for sure ,Im not rich enough to buy some of the major Italian brands selling NK product ,and knowing about it......Where there is money ,there is a way.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    Sure, they don't. But that is a different thing from actually being associated with them. There's a difference in what you say vs what you do. Anyone that knows knows many large brands source from places with poor regulations, health hazards, worker abuses, etc. Many brands have tried to quell concerns from others by having "audits" and things like that, but let's be real. We all know they aren't going to be making sure every factory is following whatever standards people want, nor do they think they are, they just want you to think that they are or think they are. Plenty of documented cases, and when it's not even their factory they're sourcing from, it makes it even harder to control.
    WTF? It just isn't that hard to buy clothing 100% Made In USA. Use the' net. Several sources list which brands, which items.

And clothing is about the HARDEST.

Nearly all other goods are easier as to ID'ing and avoiding unwanted origin.