Blast from the past - Brexit - Page 331
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 331 of 333 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333 LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 6646
  1. #6601
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20,126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've just be watching on the TV news how the Russians have stepped right into the power vacuum the the " Strategicaly Brilliant " President ( his words,not mine ) has left in Syria. Really neighbourly of the US militaty to leave the bases untouched so the Russkies will feel right at home.

    If that's an example of strategic brilliance I wouldn't like to see a strategic fuck up.

    Regards Tyrone.
    Why don't YOU step up ?
    Get your shaggy haired boss to take over in Syria.
    Start spending YOUR tax dollars this time round.

  2. #6602
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    17,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    11127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Why don't YOU step up ?
    Get your shaggy haired boss to take over in Syria.
    Start spending YOUR tax dollars this time round.
    LOL!

    This is why we are better-off with a smart guy as CIC And not some whining fool who hasn't a clue beyond the tip of his dick and a chance to rip-off OTHER crooked politicians!

    Russia's economy is down to par with ONE fair-sized US State.
    Syria is a cluster-f**k.

    "Marriage made in Hell" serves them BOTH right!

    That doesn't "JUST" save US treasure and blood.
    It f**ks up two enemies for one move... and distracts a "concern".

    The wannabee "New Ottoman Empire" has to also bleed blood and treasure.

    Brilliiant move!

    Any time we want one of those bases? We just take it. BFD.

  3. Likes digger doug liked this post
  4. #6603
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20,126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    And not some whining fool who hasn't a clue beyond the tip of his dick and a chance to rip-off OTHER crooked politicians!
    Hey now !
    Don't be dishin' TruDope….The canucks will riot.

  5. #6604
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    17,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    11127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Hey now !
    Don't be dishin' TruDope….The canucks will riot.
    I'm serious. Runways at Dhahran, Saudi had been lengthened for B-29's, War Two.

    Korean War, Dad was sent out to do them over to support B-36 take-offs. His liason a Prince and Colonel, Royal Saudi Army, trained Sandhurst, UK, AND the USA.

    "Some day, my people may demand that you infidels leave our land. I know you. You will simply go."

    "But this fine airfield will still be here."
    "My people believe we have the finest and bravest Army in the world. They know not. And they know not that they know not."

    "Any sunny day that the Americans want it back, one, just ONE Battalion of your Airborne Rangers, and you will have it back."

    "I think you have noticed that we have rather a lot of sunny days in the land of Wajid Mafa?"

    The runways have been rebuilt several times since.

  6. Likes digger doug liked this post
  7. #6605
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    2,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2921
    Likes (Received)
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    I'm serious. Runways at Dhahran, Saudi had been lengthened for B-29's, War Two.

    Korean War, Dad was sent out to do them over to support B-36 take-offs. His liason a Prince and Colonel, Royal Saudi Army, trained Sandhurst, UK, AND the USA.

    "Some day, my people may demand that you infidels leave our land. I know you. You will simply go."

    "But this fine airfield will still be here."
    "My people believe we have the finest and bravest Army in the world. They know not. And they know not that they know not."

    "Any sunny day that the Americans want it back, one, just ONE Battalion of your Airborne Rangers, and you will have it back."

    "I think you have noticed that we have rather a lot of sunny days in the land of Wajid Mafa?"

    The runways have been rebuilt several times since.
    It is good that Syria is left to Russia and not us. I am sure there is still support for the Kurds going on at least they have not had genocide happening which I think we would intervene.

    Iran is still the huge destabilizer in the middles East. Progress has been made which was not doable in the past. Things reached a stalemate with the Palestinians and all indications are that they like the status quo despite what they do as far as rockets and killings and the whole time that behavior supporting and reinforcing the status quo.

    Moving our embassy to Jerusalem has been put off for years doing that finally has removed a big obstacle. The Palestinians only destabilize Jerusalem disrupting investment and even pilgrimages of Muslims to go there to worship.

    Israel can manage things very fairly if the Palestinians are not always trying to destabilize things. I think all the Muslim countries understand that what the Palestinians want is to keep destabilizing things because there is a benefit in the chaos now for decades. One only has to look at how many times Palestinian leaders backed out of negotiated peace solutions.

    Fact Israel has restrained themselves from wiping out the the problem and has only received back from the Palestinian leaders stonewalling. All Palestinian entities are corrupt I would not be surprised that the big split they have was staged as a con to get more mon yet.

    Palestinians are not the only ones doing this. The mess that is Lebanon is just a legend of suffering and corruption as is Syria. Without the Russians Syria would have long ago had a new leader and government Europe being a huge benefactor with less refugees. Turkey just helps the refugees through and is afraid to lift a finger in Syria.

  8. #6606
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    4,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    301
    Likes (Received)
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    It is good that Syria is left to Russia and not us.
    "We" were never going to win it. Putin is friends with Assad and was protecting his Gas supply.

    So I'm sure that the reason why it's been left, is because the Southern Gas pipeline project has now been abandoned.
    Europe will continue short term, to buy the Gas through Russia.
    And medium term onwards, "go green" which means building more windmills and taxing the merry-fuk out of us "for the sake of the planet"...

  9. Likes Trueturning liked this post
  10. #6607
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    20,126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    "We" were never going to win it. Putin is friends with Assad and was protecting his Gas supply.

    So I'm sure that the reason why it's been left, is because the Southern Gas pipeline project has now been abandoned.
    Europe will continue short term, to buy the Gas through Russia.
    And medium term onwards, "go green" which means building more windmills and taxing the merry-fuk out of us "for the sake of the planet"...
    Have you considered drilling your own gas well ?....

    Granted the L/D ratio is a wee bit high, but you've got gravity on your side.

  11. Likes barbter liked this post
  12. #6608
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,122
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    67
    Likes (Received)
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juergenwt View Post
    Looks like things are coming together as I thought they would. Look at my post #156 on this from some time ago:
    What do you Brits think of the vote..?

    Than read today:Poland breaks ranks from EU Brexit unity – POLITICO

    Looks like EU unity is hanging by a small thread. Wait for the next shoe to drop. Italy?

    Never count out British diplomacy!
    Now over two year since my post Nr. 1 Brittain continues it's tradition of trying to split the opposing countries - exactly as predicted. They will use anything possible. inclufimg breaking just signed aggreements to get the best deal for their country. the ultimate goal remains a split of the 27 EU members. See here: EU slams Britain for trying to divide 27 in Brexit talks – POLITICO
    They will be working on it until the very last minute. Canyou blame them for doing so?

  13. #6609
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    5,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3178
    Likes (Received)
    2676

    Default

    Hey! The United Kingdom (well, the bits that don't include Ulster and Scotland) Are going to show these Europeans the error of their ways. We outnumber them one to twenty seven! They'll soon see that they can't cope without us!

    It must be diffcult for the EU negotiators. They're trying to avoid making the UK negotiators look like complete morons lead by malicious fools, and it's very, very hard.

  14. #6610
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    596
    Likes (Received)
    3146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Hey! The United Kingdom (well, the bits that don't include Ulster and Scotland) Are going to show these Europeans the error of their ways. We outnumber them one to twenty seven! They'll soon see that they can't cope without us!

    It must be diffcult for the EU negotiators. They're trying to avoid making the UK negotiators look like complete morons lead by malicious fools, and it's very, very hard.
    Funny how your perspective can differ.

    My take on it is that the EU is doing everything it can to stuff the UK into a box/straightjacket and stop it taking back control over fisheries and industrial policy. Those seem to be the 2 huge sticking points that the EU is insisting on and the UK is saying no way. Meanwhile the EU won't move on discussing all the other stuff and coming to agreed legal forms of words until these 2 issues are settled.

    So if this stalemate remains, it'll be a no deal exit.

    Plenty of blame to go around. Just entertainment for me really.

    PDW

  15. Likes digger doug, ManicMetalBasher liked this post
  16. #6611
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Midlands UK
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    382
    Likes (Received)
    602

    Default

    Brexit chaos as Biden poised to take ‘retribution’ against UK amid Johnson fury | UK | News (Reports) | Politic Mag

    The senile one in the news again.
    Vote for Biden and elect someone who cannot remember the name of the current president.
    Obama light, back of the queue, UK.
    A vote for the Demoprats is a vote for the Globalists.

    Joe Biden insists son Hunter is 'the smartest guy I know' as cloud of corruption claims swirl - Washington Times
    A vote for the Demoprats is a vote for the idiots.

    Demoprats are mostly traitors.
    Buy some more guns and ammunition.

    God bless America.

  17. Likes digger doug, Oldwrench, ChipSplitter liked this post
  18. #6612
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    5,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3178
    Likes (Received)
    2676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post
    The senile one in the news again.
    That's not a polite way to refer to Bloody Stupid Johnson*


    *Bows to Terry Pratchett.

  19. #6613
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Posts
    3,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8906
    Likes (Received)
    5824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post
    Buy some more guns and ammunition.
    God bless America.
    Hard to get ammo for our AKs, all the gun stores sold out in the runup to the election. Think I better buy a couple AR15s just to diversify the ammo requirement.

  20. #6614
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,520
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1401
    Likes (Received)
    1918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post
    Brexit chaos as Biden poised to take ‘retribution’ against UK amid Johnson fury | UK | News (Reports) | Politic Mag

    The senile one in the news again.
    Vote for Biden and elect someone who cannot remember the name of the current president.
    Obama light, back of the queue, UK.
    A vote for the Demoprats is a vote for the Globalists.

    Joe Biden insists son Hunter is 'the smartest guy I know' as cloud of corruption claims swirl - Washington Times
    A vote for the Demoprats is a vote for the idiots.

    Demoprats are mostly traitors.
    Buy some more guns and ammunition.


    God save us all.
    Fixed that for ya.

  21. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
  22. #6615
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    20,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    16341
    Likes (Received)
    16775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    So if this stalemate remains, it'll be a no deal exit.

    W
    Which is exactly what the UK hard right have wanted from the start, ..........those of them with money will be fine, the rest of them and everybody else will suffer, it's called divide and rule with the rich getting richer and the poor poorer, ..............just like Trump did in the USA.

  23. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
  24. #6616
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    596
    Likes (Received)
    3146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Which is exactly what the UK hard right have wanted from the start, ..........those of them with money will be fine, the rest of them and everybody else will suffer, it's called divide and rule with the rich getting richer and the poor poorer, ..............just like Trump did in the USA.
    I only sorta kinda follow along but....

    Macron has been the one throwing his toys out of the cot saying fisheries access stays 100% as-was or no deal.

    Barnier has been saying that unless the UK signs up to the EU rules on State subsidies it's no deal.

    Recently there's been a slight movement on fisheries.

    So far it's not seemed like much of a negotiation to me - the EU saying my way or the highway, and the UK saying OK then we'll ride out the clock.

    I don't actually think the UK is being unreasonable as what it's asking for WRT fisheries is the same arrangement as Norway has, and on other things the same deal as Canada has.

    Don't care at all actually. Might be some upside for Australia out of this, hard to see how there's any downside. The rest is just entertainment.

    PDW

  25. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
  26. #6617
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1660
    Likes (Received)
    1416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Which is exactly what the UK hard right have wanted from the start, ..........those of them with money will be fine, the rest of them and everybody else will suffer, it's called divide and rule with the rich getting richer and the poor poorer, ..............just like Trump did in the USA.
    The Tory right are in for a shock when the government tries to negotiate a trade deal with the US. There's a few people in incoming administration who hate Boris Johnson with a passion. Threatening to walk away from the Good Frida agreement, and previuosly making comments about Obama's Kenyan ancestry have not been forgotten.

    I'm sure Merkel and Macron will be visiting the White House long before Johnson sets foot in there.

    When the reporter from the BBC shouted out to Biden, and Biden shouted back "I'm Irish" that's all you need to know.

  27. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
  28. #6618
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    20,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    16341
    Likes (Received)
    16775

    Default

    Please bear with me on this one guys, ....it's an idea I've been chewing over for a while.


    I've been musing, that the Brit hard right who wanted Brexit, don't want special trade deals on everyday stuff like food and consumer goods etc etc, ......but they do on financial services - because that's where the real money's made.

    Why no trade deals on the rest? .......to make the UK more self sufficient thus solving the unemployment situation, along with the ''won't work'' welfare scroungers etc etc etc

    By making ''home grown'' cheaper than import it will increase the demand thus investment, .....which the government will be able to assist ''the chosen few'' if necessary.


    And what better method of failing to negotiate a deal than be bloody minded - while of course blaming the other side for their intransigence.

  29. #6619
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    5,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3178
    Likes (Received)
    2676

    Default

    Domenic cum stain is leaving No10 at the end of the year. Pity he's been allowed to damage the UK for 20 years until this point.

  30. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
  31. #6620
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1660
    Likes (Received)
    1416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Domenic cum stain is leaving No10 at the end of the year. Pity he's been allowed to damage the UK for 20 years until this point.
    Latest News, the toxic mf'r is out!!

    Dominic Cummings to leave No 10 role with immediate effect | Politics | The Guardian

    from the article

    Dominic Cummings has left his Downing Street job with immediate effect, sources have said, with Boris Johnson’s influential and controversial chief adviser ordered to leave by the prime minister after accusations of negative briefings.

    Lee Cain, the No 10 communications chief and a key ally of Cummings, has also left his job immediately on the orders of Johnson, it is understood. Both Cain and Cummings had been due to stay on until Christmas.

    One source said Cummings was told to go by the prime minister after accusations he had briefed against Johnson on Friday. The news emerged after Cummings was photographed leaving the front door of No 10 carrying a box.


  32. Likes Mark Rand liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •