State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post
    thermite
    Diamond

This message is hidden because thermite is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    Confirmation, thanks.

It was already being suspected that you had sought the warm and familiar comfort of agreeable fellow travelers by running your head into rectal defilade rather than dealing with life's bitch travesty of the gnarly old contrarian outside world in all its confounding contradictions.

Just go "make chips". Or bash metal.

SOMEBODY has to fund Blighty's NHI and dole tab.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMetalBasher View Post
    Which event will still leave Europe with 30 million people who hate us and have been killing us for 1400 years, thank you EU.
    The EU has 500 million. Who are the 30 million?

In my world at least there's a helluva difference between "dislike" and "hate". I can't think of any country that is "loved" by all.

Even Germany, as we know it today, didn't exist as a country 150 years ago.

Less than 1 minute:
    How Europe's borders changed over 2 years - YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    The EU has 500 million. Who are the 30 million?
    Playing "Politically Correct Ingenue" today are we? Or just your usual "HUTA"?

Islam in Europe - Wikipedia

Many of the then-44 million are "unobservant or secular", so 30 million is probably as good a number as any. For now.

I don't agree they hate "infidels", though. Too much distraction from hating each other.

They just want anyone they can reach enslaved or dead. Their own kind and kin, first and foremost.

Read history. Or the day's news.

That part never changes. Consanguinity byproduct that predates Islam and was put into the service of preserving Islam - which in turn preserves consanguinity. Genetic death spiral, that. Just not a fast-enough one to leave their neighbours in peace.

That simple. No secret.

Has never changed since the shift between the gospels of Mecca and of Medina, about 25 years in, by one iota, "back in THAT day" to present day. And will-never.

Never mind me. Go read their book!

Qurʾān, translated for "teaching purposes only", as it may NEVER otherwise be translated, is a short enough read.

Quran - Oxford Islamic Studies Online

It explains why it MAY NOT be changed. Ever.

They believe it. No one else matters.

Their book explains that part, too. Even why it is required they lie about it.

Why does ANYONE still expect this to change? Ever?

They do not. They will never. THAT part WE should believe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ronan View Post
    Correct, the money they bought us with was wasted, on paying farmers not to farm (set aside and all that rubbish) and to build stupid motorways to parts of the country no bugger lives in. And for that all we had to do was give up our sovereignty.
    I asked my turner who is Portuguese on what he thought of the EU.

'we got some nice new roads and a loan we cant pay for and you got east european gansters' he lives in a rough area hense the last part of his statement

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pressbrake1 View Post
    I asked my turner who is Portuguese on what he thought of the EU.

'we got some nice new roads and a loan we cant pay for and you got east european gansters' he lives in a rough area hense the last part of his statement
    Take a look at the EU's road net sometime.

Exactly what a guy nicknamed "Schneller Heinz" grumbled he had not enjoyed, and wanted built for the next go.

He is long gone. The roads are now here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the EU had sent Cameron back with more than a few morsels to put before the British people,the result might have been different.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TedinNorfolk View Post
    If the EU had sent Cameron back with more than a few morsels to put before the British people,the result might have been different.
    It is sore difficult to understand the BASIS for their complacency.

As if the belief is that all they have to do to avoid dealing with ANY sort of change - Brexit or any other - is to simply post the denial in writing that any given change could possibly affect their patch in any significant manner.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TedinNorfolk View Post
    Not that I disagree but the EU is still 28 countries. If the 27 let the UK off lightly they'd probably be opening the stable door.

Being in the EU has advantages but they are becoming less and less because of the direction it's taking. I can't imagine the population majority in any EU country that want a United Countries Of Europe.

"I have a dream" that one day EU politicians will wake up to what the f*ck is going on. If not then the EU will implode.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not that I disagree but the EU is still 28 countries. If the 27 let the UK off lightly they'd probably be opening the stable door.

Being in the EU has advantages but they are becoming less and less because of the direction it's taking. I can't imagine the population majority in any EU country that want a United Countries Of Europe.

"I have a dream" that one day EU politicians will wake up to what the f*ck is going on. If not then the EU will implode.
    Gordon

You have just expressed WHY Brexit should succeed.
    The EU is Contrived by wealth seeking globalists. The Worst of booth.
    Un Natural!

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Gordon

You have just expressed WHY Brexit should succeed.
    The EU is Contrived by wealth seeking globalists. The Worst of booth.
    Un Natural!
    If you got out of my post that what was once the largest empire in the world should succeed by leaving the EU then I don't follow your line of thinking. Do you really think that the UK is not "Contrived by wealth seeking globalists"?

Yes Minister explains the EEC (EU) - YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Listening to some of the people on this forum who are in favor of a EU collapse makes you wonder. There is a long list of countries hoping to join. Some countries who's economy was in deep sh.. before, are now enjoying big EU money transfers and a rebuilding of their infrastructure and trade. Others have received bailout after bailout to help them recover from generation of corrupt governments. To bad some will use their newly gained wellness to start biting the hand that feeds them.

What do you think would happen to these if the EU breaks up and the North European counties form a league of their own? Maybe something along the lines of the old Hanseatic League? Would Britain still want out?

My mother often used an old Pomeranian proverb: "If the jackass is feeling to good - he goes dancing on ice".

12. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure how many think a strong dollar is good or bad but to those that think it's good Obama seemed to do a good job.

XE: EUR / USD Currency Chart. Euro to US Dollar Rates

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    I actually HAD healthcare coverage before that "sincere attempted genocidalist" and his tribe came along and found a way to fuck it up so bad the price went out of reach.
    "And his tribe"? Do you want to say something here, Termite? Have a little issue with #44?

Fuck off. The man was an actual leader, with a presence and command of the English language and understanding of LAW that Rump couldn't achieve if he went back to school for a thousand years (that's about the only 1000 year Reich he'd be able to attempt, but of course he'd fail it too).

No, #44 was a good man, who was kneecapped at every opportunity by a Repub House and Senate that actively worked against the interests of the USA and even against it's Constitution (preventing the sitting President from nominating and having confirmed a SCJ who was eminently qualified, unlike Frat Boy Kavanaugh).

That you would type such a contemptuous assessment of Obama puts you in the heart of the pig muck and chicken shit floating around the Carolinas right now. But it seems like you're happy there, neck deep and drinking it in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If Obama was so great, how'd he leave a taste so poor in American mouths that it allowed Trump to get elected?

Or, and this is probably the better question, why did the Democratic Party choose Hillary as Trump's opponent?

16. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole2534 View Post
    ...Or, and this is probably the better question, why did the Democratic Party choose Hillary as Trump's opponent?
    And probably a better question yet is why the Democratic Party selected Trump as Hillary's opponent.

18. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If Obama was so great, how'd he leave a taste so poor in American mouths that it allowed Trump to get elected?

Or, and this is probably the better question, why did the Democratic Party choose Hillary as Trump's opponent?
    Why did I see Confederate Battle Flags flying from pickups after Trumps election? Why did we see an explosion of White Supremacists and other racists beating their chests and marching in the streets during the last two years?

That's your answer on Rump's election, as to Hilary - she's quite qualified (far more so than the Russian Candidate), but personally unlikeable. Shame, she'd have been a million times better for the country than Orange Caligula.

20. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know who you're asking but long ago I wrote more than once that I wouldn't have voted for Obama, assuming of course I could vote in the USA. Nobody would dare write it but I'm convinced several of you don't "like" Obama simply because he isn't "white".

As to why the Democratic party picked Clinton then your guess is as good as mine. Sanders would have gotten my vote. Did the Democratic Party "pick" Clinton? I thought those things were done by votes by Democratic voters. By the same token why did the Republican party pick Trump?

I think the result that had Trump "winning" was just as much a shock as was the result of the Brexit vote. Will it make people think twice before voting next time? One can only hope.

Why Trump won? Again a guess but I think that those that voted for him would vote for whoever was the Republican candidate and others were just trying to send a "message" to DC. As to what I think the "message" was then I'd probably be banned for using that many curse words in one post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    And probably a better question yet is why the Democratic Party selected Trump as Hillary's opponent.
    Hell if I know any of those back door dealings. What I do know is that Hillary was rejected by Americans two election cycles in a row and then the DNC stuck her back on the front row for a hat-trick of defeat.

But this has nothing to do with brexit so I'll bow out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know who you're asking but long ago I wrote more than once that I wouldn't have voted for Obama, assuming of course I could vote in the USA. Nobody would dare write it but I'm convinced several of you don't "like" Obama simply because he isn't "white". I think you're right, but one would be remiss to think that the same didn't occur in #44's elections.

As to why the Democratic party picked Clinton then your guess is as good as mine. Sanders would have gotten my vote. Did the Democratic Party "pick" Clinton? I thought those things were done by votes by Democratic voters. By the same token why did the Republican party pick Trump? I'm not sure the DNC was ready for a Bernie, I think it wanted Hillary. You couldn't convince me the RNC wanted Trump, it's just where they landed.

I think the result that had Trump "winning" was just as much a shock as was the result of the Brexit vote. Will it make people think twice before voting next time? One can only hope. I cannot disagree with this.

Why Trump won? Again a guess but I think that those that voted for him would vote for whoever was the Republican candidate and others were just trying to send a "message" to DC. As to what I think the "message" was then I'd probably be banned for using that many curse words in one post!
    I'm not sure the internet could contain all the variants of fuck you the American populace would like to send to DC.

24. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hell if I know any of those back door dealings. What I do know is that Hillary was rejected by Americans two election cycles in a row and then the DNC stuck her back on the front row for a hat-trick of defeat.

But this has nothing to do with brexit so I'll bow out.
    Ahem. It was you that opened that particular door.