Blue collar, white collar.. my observations in the US and what about other cultures? - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have only worked for two mid sized corporations,one a retailer and the currant one a paper converter.Both are solely owned and do not have the upper echelon of executives with "star quality pay" like all the stock traded companies seem to have.Those execs seem to be more interested in their "golden parachutes" then the health of their companies.

The former company was starting to recruit only degreed personnel for middle management when I left.My currant employer has mostly trades personnel brought up to middle management.

Some of the degreed people at my former job had that "class mentality" towards the clerks and stock workers.Not so where I work now. The owner has fired managers that talked down to floor workers.
    The owner just turned 96 and whenever he is in the plant he makes his rounds and most people address him by his first name.He is a vanishing breed.

2. Likes Gordon B. Clarke, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well,Tyrone- I hope the MD,s wife got paint all over her p..y Lotus Elan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tyrone,The plant I work in has only about 200 people.

Every so often the plant manager and all the supervisors do a cook out and serve all the rest of the employees.
    I guess the managers at your previous company would think that to be totally insane.

Sometimes they just have some food trucks come at company expense.

Mostly for so many days without an accident.

There is a dining area at one end for floor workers, office personnel have an upstairs break room and maint shop has one on a second floor mezzanine.Not to segregate anyone just for logistics mostly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This has been quite interesting. So it appears that things are just about the same all over the planet.

Kepler has discovered ~2500 planets. We should assume things to be the same on them too.

6. Likes Trboatworks liked this post