What's new
What's new

Boeing max accident report is released

Rob F.

Diamond
It looks like the official report is done and it looks like FAA and Boeing are getting the blame, not 3rd world maintenance or lack thereof:

"18 months after Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 plummeted out of the sky just minutes after takeoff last March, Congressional investigators have finally released a comprehensive report outlining the many mistakes made both by Boeing and the FAA during the certification process.

"Our report lays out disturbing revelations about how Boeing—under pressure to compete with Airbus and deliver profits for Wall Street—escaped scrutiny from the FAA, withheld critical information from pilots, and ultimately put planes into service that killed 346 innocent people. What’s particularly infuriating is how Boeing and FAA both gambled with public safety in the critical time period between the two crashes,” Chair DeFazio said. “On behalf of the families of the victims of both crashes, as well as anyone who steps on a plane expecting to arrive at their destination safely, we are making this report public to put a spotlight not only on the broken safety culture at Boeing but also the gaps in the regulatory system at the FAA that allowed this fatally-flawed plane into service. Critically, our report gives Congress a roadmap on the steps we must take to reinforce aviation safety and regulatory transparency, increase Federal oversight, and improve corporate accountability to help ensure the story of the Boeing 737 MAX is never, ever repeated.”"

The rest of the story at the link:
Boeing Put Profits Before People's Lives By Hiding 737 MAX Design Flaws, Congress Finds | Zero Hedge

Here is the actual congressional report linked in the article:
After 18-Month Investigation, Chairs DeFazio and Larsen Release Final Committee Report on Boeing 737 MAX | The House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure

I tried to post in the max thread but posts dont seem to show up there, I posted this and finegrain also posted something but it didnt show up either?

I tried to post in the max thread but posts dont seem to show up there, I posted this and finegrain also posted something but it didnt show up either?

Yes, I entered a post in the other MAX thread, but it doesn't show up even though the thread list page shows I have the most recent post :confused:

Guys. Now is the time to buy Boeing. Blue chips all the way. I will continue my all manual machining business selling nothing but high end fixtures to Boeing, and there is no need to diversify. Also, buy blue chips.

Oh, crap, I posted as the wrong username...

Guys. Now is the time to buy Boeing. Blue chips all the way. I will continue my all manual machining business selling nothing but high end fixtures to Boeing, and there is no need to diversify. Also, buy blue chips.

I am sure happy that Boeing is not my only customer, wait, isn't that the road to success though?
(I do no work for them)

Now we know who as9100d really was!

No wonder you "found" his mug shot. :D

More or less what everyone (save one) expected...in minute detail....As to other threads seemingly ending at a certain post,I assumed I had been banned from making any more silly observations,quite a few wont let me in now.....retired 12 years ,kinda get used to be excluded from everything.

Finally, the political phase of this fiasco has come to a conclusion. The MAX will fly before Christmas and the orders will follow.

Next year may be the best year ever for Boeing. Don't forget the 787, sales of this aircraft will surprise many.

Finally, the political phase of this fiasco has come to a conclusion. The MAX will fly before Christmas and the orders will follow.

Next year may be the best year ever for Boeing. Don't forget the 787, sales of this aircraft will surprise many.

Yea don't forget the 787, that's got it's far share of problems as well.

Yea don't forget the 787, that's got it's far share of problems as well.

It is doubtful,
That you will benefit from a Boeing resurgence.

Most shops with your business tactics never get a shot at all.

It is doubtful,

As always your delusional if you think you or I will ever work direct for Boeing. The closest we'll ever get to working with Boeing is by working with a tier 1/2/3 supplier.

And for those that really want to get their hands (or eyes) dirty, ...
For the record, this is not an accident report, it's a major theatrical production staged by the same assholes in Congress who promote and legislate for the exact practices that caused this, now turned to pious virtue signalling and showboating, in the hopes that no one will notice it was their tax policies who created the situation.

It's not an "accident report" in any way, shape, or form.

For the record, this is not an accident report, it's a major theatrical production staged by the same assholes in Congress who promote and legislate for the exact practices that caused this, now turned to pious virtue signalling and showboating, in the hopes that no one will notice it was their tax policies who created the situation.

In fairness, it's the report of a Congressional committee reviewing the accident and processes that led to it. A true AR would come from the FAA.

It is doubtful,

Meanwhile.....the button-pushers and I will keep on churning out parts on our soulless CNCs.

It's not real work, I know, but I once got a blister from the cycle start button.........:liar:

“ It's not an "accident report" in any way, shape, or form.”

I have not started reading the report and really have no motivation or not much. I feel the investigation brings positive change and a working solution. Yet to say that the report is simply and completely what you describe is pretty dark. I get you are very Anti American manufacturing like many here.

To some there will never be anything except the conspiracy. It is a lazy and simpleton outlook. It ignores the history of the American people and their patriotism and positive ideals. I do not think those ideals and mindset are gone I believe they are still there. If people want to degrade the country and revise and attack its history including the builders of our country then fine. I will not do it.

Boeing will be fine we came we saw we addressed the problem. That is all I ever expected. If there is wrongdoing then fine expected that they would air it out and good for them. That is all I could expect and not being able to change the past I accept and respect the investigation.

EG you imply it is all a dog and pony show. I say no this is the United States not China. If it had been China then everything in those planes would have been Slovenia before the planes even crash. It is best to admit what our trading partners are really good at.

Back