What's new
What's new

Bowl feeders in the industry

fmar38

Plastic
Hello,

I work for a short time in the bowl feeders sector.
I would like to know if someone have some experiences with this kind of machine ?

Thank a lot

Yikes...how serendipitous. As luck would have it, I'm in the beginning of a project that possibly requires a bowl feeder and escapement, neither of which I know squat about, but I'm not in the market for spam.

There is a company called 'Visumatic' that make the items I think I need..sort of. With no more info than I shared, can anyone point me in a direction, or has anyone had exposure to a bowl feeder setup.

I know this is vague but things are in the beginning stages and I haven't researched much.

PM is know for dispensing recommendations on everything from rectal surgery to breast implants, so a simple bowl feeder should be a piece of cake..right!

Maybe I should get out of the spam zone and start my own thread.

Stuart

Yikes...how serendipitous. As luck would have it, I'm in the beginning of a project that possibly requires a bowl feeder and escapement, neither of which I know squat about, but I'm not in the market for spam.
Were you logged in to PM when you did any research for a bowel feeder? Did your online activity bring the spammer here. :eek:

...Teasing...:cheers:

Rob,

Yes..I know you're teasing, we both know that the PM search engine is a joke, but a Google search will often include PM stuff, so it's all good.

I read the SPAM post here and decided to tag onto it, which was probably a mistake, but YES, I would like any member with vibratory feeder info or experience to share that with me if they could.

Stuart

I learned to feed myself from a bowl early on. I do remember my mom throwing away the last of my sippy cups. She used an old diaper on top of the turkey with a pat of butter to make thanksgiving turkey moist.
Bil lD

I learned to feed myself from a bowl early on. I do remember my mom throwing away the last of my sippy cups. She used an old diaper on top of the turkey with a pat of butter to make thanksgiving turkey moist.
Bil lD

Bill,

Thank the dear Lord she didn't use a 'used' diaper on top of the turkey, that would certainly ruin the flavor of the holiday.

Stuart

Bil lD

You must be a young one, I don't think they invented sippy cups till the 80's without Goggling it.

Bill,

Thank the dear Lord she didn't use a 'used' diaper on top of the turkey, that would certainly ruin the flavor of the holiday.

Stuart

Of course these were used diapers. Why would she have new ones around that I can remember as the youngest kid in the family?

I was using a sippy cup in the 60's too...but it had beer in it.:)

Regarding the diaper..you're stating it was 'used' but do you mean 'laundered' as well?:eek:

Stuart

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

I wish I had seen this when first posted, because then I could have corrected Limy - since the poster is from France (by way of China?), the correct chant is:

courrier indésirable courrier indésirable courrier indésirable courrier indésirable courrier indésirable etc.

Unusually for the French, the translation as "undesirable mail" is very straight forward and requires no linguistic torture.

There is a company called 'Visumatic' that make the items I think I need..sort of. With no more info than I shared, can anyone point me in a direction, or has anyone had exposure to a bowl feeder setup.

I know this is vague but things are in the beginning stages and I haven't researched much.

PM is know for dispensing recommendations on everything from rectal surgery to breast implants, so a simple bowl feeder should be a piece of cake..right!

Maybe I should get out of the spam zone and start my own thread.

Stuart

Stuart, maybe the first thing is to start with what sort of shape/size of part you're dealing with, and how you need it oriented and fed into the next step. Are these heavy, large, grossly asymmetric, or small, light, uniform pieces?

I'd start off checking out Youtube vids of vibratory feeders to get a sense of methods, then chose what looks closest to your parts and try to copy what already works.

The project is in its infancy and the target shape/size of the part isn't nailed down yet. I have looked at many videos, YouTube as well as company sponsored ones and am getting a grasp on how feeders work. It's actually not the feeder I'm fretting over, it's the 'escapement' mechanism.

The pieces are steel so a magnetic conveyor could be an option. The parts are small..1.250 X .187 X .250 but because they will be stamped there is concern about a small raised burr.

The whole project is a sticky wicket so I'll take some clever method to make it work. Those little pieces are to be transported into a press that pushes them into an aluminum rail...the ram also has to rotate 13 degrees from 'zero' each way.

I've got a call into Rube Goldberg, I'm hoping he will see fit to give me a helping hand.

Stuart

Bowl feeders are the best thing since sliced bread and a royal pain in the ass
The track and escapement take some fine tuning.
Small burrs or variations on the parts going in can be such huge problems. Often on the floor we would simply trash literally thousands of parts in the bowls to get into a better batch that would feed nicely.
No messing around, empty everything out, get new boxes of stock, assemble more parts.
Bob

Depending on how you process the parts, you might wind up needing a vision system and a "kicker" that punts off parts that aren't aligned correctly for the next step. Punted parts go into a collector for re-feed through the bowl or whatever your sort/align system becomes.

As for burrs, perhaps first step after punching is feeding through a Timesaver?

A burr from punching would typically be on the edge of a part wouldn't? These are dinky parts that probably aren't fodder for any kind of abrasive sander but I could see them being tumbled. These are things I have to figure out as Rube Goldberg hasn't returned my call for help, and I'm just a worn out old Millwright.;)

Stuart

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for being interested in my question.
Some people think it's just advertising, but they are wrong.
I am interested to know what kind of machine are using other countries to manufacture their products.

atomarc, if you have some project, contact us :D, no it's a joke, we are a little bit far from America.

Anyway, if someone has some information about feeding systems used in his country, I am interested.

Back