What's new
What's new

Bugatti Veyron $21K Oil Change

After watching that video I wouldn't have these guys change the oil on my econobox. A couple of guys laying on the expensive carbon fiber engine cover, removing drain plugs when they're not even sure of which fluids the plugs are for, wearing watches and other jewelry on hands/wrists while working with clear-coated CF, etc.

That said, Bugatti sure made it painful to drain the oil. Having seen that, it would be easier to just do a series of three or four partial changes by getting whatever comes out of the filter canister, refilling, running to temp, draining, etc. Do that four times and you'll have enough of the old oil out to not have to pull the extra body panels and plugs otherwise required.

Damn, and I was planning on getting a Bug next year. This has totally cost them a sale...

That said, Bugatti sure made it painful to drain the oil. Having seen that, it would be easier to just do a series of three or four partial changes by getting whatever comes out of the filter canister, refilling, running to temp, draining, etc. Do that four times and you'll have enough of the old oil out to not have to pull the extra body panels and plugs otherwise required.

We used top side oil changers to change boat motor oil without being able to get below them, it's a suction container with a tube that goes down the dipstick tube. I wonder if one of those would be effective.

We used top side oil changers to change boat motor oil without being able to get below them, it's a suction container with a tube that goes down the dipstick tube. I wonder if one of those would be effective.

There's a lot of lines, dry sump chambers, and oil coolers on a Bugatti, it's not just one large sump. I was thinking the same way before (vacuum through the fill port), but decided it wouldn't work well. Even my suggestion would only be good for one or two changes, every so often the proper drain ports should be pulled to get the muck that settles there.

Crazy complex engine, quite frankly I'd rather have a Keith Black BBC with a well designed twin turbo system. Same power, likely more compact and lighter, run all year with just a couple regular oil changes.

Which one? The original Renault, the slightly late Kent, or the 2K version?
The original one with the single wiper looked the best but had the feeblest drivetrain. The middle one still looked pretty good but had a real engine. The last one had the best engine but looked like shit.

Last motor, first body is a winner.

Yes I know, parts fell off but it's a sports car ! :)

If you want reliability, get the MR2 with all the goodies.

And they took the whole rear clip off why?

Once they had the aero tray off they could see all the drain plugs.

The one that had most of the oil must have been the dry sump tank. everything else was probably a quart

here is an idea get a factory shop manual. Probably cost what they charged to pull all that stuff apart

Depends on whether or not they have a pinch in the dipstick tube (ala GM and others) to orient the dipstick. I have never found tubing thin enough to fit through that could flow oil enough to work. I built a top side oil extractor years ago from a scrapped industrial fire extinguisher and would use it on EVERYTHING if I could. My lawn mower has no drain plug and must be siphoned out and Harley chose to position the tank drain right over the exhaust.

There probably is a way with some adaptation (and wasted oil) to flush the Bugatti through existing fittings.

There probably is a way with some adaptation (and wasted oil) to flush the Bugatti through existing fittings.

Roll the car over on a rotisserie fixture and remove the filler cap ?

Stoopid is as stoopid does....

Wow... some people with money. I'm not at all surprised at what is involved for changing the oil on that car. Just did a V8 Aston Martin Vantage and that has 5 total drain plugs, dry sump life.

Any decent A&P wouldn't be caught dead with an impact tool within 10 feet of an airplane worth 1/10th of that Bugatti

I apparently had the wrong part time job in high school.

Parenthetically, wouldn't one think that there would be a service manual so that Guido at "The Supercar Shop" wouldn't need to make a video up on his own?

Back