Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is no way in hell I would pay a man for 8 hours a day to potentially infect me or the rest of the people around me.

One of these days my neighbor is going to get it and I will not so gently remind him of his freedom to have not vaccinated.

2. Likes otrlt liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    AS far as I know the shots are still NOT approved by FDA. Do your homework on it. Also if your employer posts a new policy, there will likely be exemptions in it, learn what they are.
    Ah another idiot showing how stupid and un educated he is.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    That anyone would feel either way that lieing was needed or not needed is not a issue to me really. I walk my side of the street and will not police anyone. There is widespread adherence to vaccinations and even those talking about all the confusion wear masks and are not hostile to getting vaccinated nor those who choose not to. Free country.
    no this is not a free country. you can't go out and kill someone because you want to. We have laws that say what we cannot do.

I have never understood the anti vaxers. We knocked out quite a few extremely harmful diseases with vaccines.
    Small pox
    Polio
    TB
    Measles.

I'm sure there are side effects to everything. Not everyone is the same.
    To have large communities against vaccines is dangerous to the concept of herd immunity.

What's the big deal? So you decide you don't want to risk it, and you get Polio.. good decision?
    You are more likely to be hit by lightening than the side effect.

At any rate, an employer can demand you get the vaccine to enter the premises here in NJ....

I think most of you that don't want vaccines do it for the wrong reasons. You want to show that you are more powerful than our govt. There are bigger things to argue about than vaccines. Some of you have your heads up your asses.

If you are getting chemo, or had an organ transplant, you can't get the vaccine, I get that. But that's why you need others to get it, so they protect you.

For those that don't get it for selfish reason... No reason to argue with you... you wouldn't understand anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I heard today that both Pfizer and Moderna have applied to the FDA for full vaccine approval.

Baring any unforeseen issues, both drugs could receive full FDA approval in as little as six months.

No word on when they will (may?) seek full approval for the J&J vaccine, the one I was jabbed with. I've been taking an annual flu shot for a decade or so, and since then have only had a couple of colds. I use to get 3 or 4 colds per year...and the flu about every other year!

What’s going to be the case against getting vaccinated once these drugs get all the approvals?

ToolCat
    Last edited by cnctoolcat; 06-02-2021 at 06:54 PM.

6. Likes boosted liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuckNJ View Post
    no this is not a free country. you can't go out and kill someone because you want to. We have laws that say what we cannot do.

I have never understood the anti vaxers. We knocked out quite a few extremely harmful diseases with vaccines.
    Small pox
    Polio
    TB
    Measles.

To have large communities against vaccines is dangerous to the concept of herd immunity.

What's the big deal? So you decide you don't want to risk it, and you get Polio.. good decision?

At any rate, an employer can demand you get the vaccine to enter the premises here in NJ....

I think most of you that don't want vaccines do it for the wrong reasons. You want to show that you are more powerful than our govt. There are bigger things to argue about than vaccines. Some of you have your heads up your asses.

If you are getting chemo, or had an organ transplant, you can't get the vaccine, I get that. But that's why you need others to get it, so they protect you.

For those that don't get it for selfish reason... No reason to argue with you... you wouldn't understand anyway.
    New Jersey--- 48% fully two jab vaccinated. Sounds like 52% don't give a ratz azz.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post
    There is no way in hell I would pay a man for 8 hours a day to potentially infect me or the rest of the people around me.

One of these days my neighbor is going to get it and I will not so gently remind him of his freedom to have not vaccinated.
    Infect you with with what? Hep C? TB? You play around a bit--HIV? How about your significant other-no bad habits?

9. Likes D.Minnich, Fancuku liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by D.Minnich View Post
    If my employer fires me for not being vaccinated, they will have a law suite on their hands
    Pretend it already happened and start calling around for a lawyer that'll take your case.

You won't find one.

No lawyer in the right mind would take a case like this right now. Way too much uncertainty with a high probability of losing.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So many virtuous in one thread

12. Likes D.Minnich, CalG liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Houndogforever View Post

You do realize that even if you are vaccinated, you still can get COVID and even pass it to others. What the vaccine does do is eliminate the possibility of being hospitalized from getting COVID, 100% reduction rate. The vaccine does not prevent COVID infection 100%.

So unless you have already have had COVID, your neighbor could theoretically get infected from you at about half the rate of you from him.

As far as you neighbor not being vaccinated, there is a significant portion of the population that already had immunity at least partial immunity to COVID or else got COVID and had minimal symptoms.

14. Likes Yan Wo, D.Minnich, Fancuku liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Radar987 View Post
    Pretend it already happened and start calling around for a lawyer that'll take your case.

You won't find one.

No lawyer in the right mind would take a case like this right now. Way too much uncertainty with a high probability of losing.
    Depending on your state and the local employment laws, you could very likely find a lawyer to take your case. A lot of this revolves around the COVID vaccines being approved for emergency use and if the employer is willing to handle all of the health care costs of vaccine complications.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    New Jersey--- 48% fully two jab vaccinated. Sounds like 52% don't give a ratz azz.
    you are always proving you're an idiot.

we have a high rate of trumpettes here... equals no brains.

there will always be those who cannot take the vaccine because they are immuno comprimised.

My nephews fiancé was told not to take it by her doctor because they are trying to get pregnant.
    She doesn't have to worry now, she's got covid.. The dr bet the wrong way... Oh... the dr is a trumper..
    They won't make my son's wedding Saturday. It's been getting worse, she thought it would come and go...

NO it usually doesn't. My wife's friend's son is a Dr in residency. back in the early days no ppe for them.
    He got covid... he's over it, but at 28 he's a long termer... he has many lingering effects, shortness of breath, loss of mental focus...

Go ahead don't get it... you are one of the people we just get to see nature take it's course on.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Small pox
    Polio
    TB
    Measles.

“ no this is not a free country. you can't go out and kill someone because you want to.”

Well your definition of freedom is as some other opinions which you have. Disagree with that definition.

As I said earlier the pretending is that there are numerous rebels to vaccines even when someone gives reasonable objections to it. Still they isolate and wear masks. When they mention in open discussion how they feel about it they are attacked as. Something they are not. They are not proven to be of such large number that they would keep the virus going. They are following the same precautions as outlined pre vaccine release.

The arguments are directed at fictional,undefined,and also undeclared opponents essentially straw men set up to win the argument you create. There is too much spare time on people’s hands to do all that.

To find someone who fits your attack you would likely only stand a chance with a Crystal ball or a seance. Or get a friend to shine a flashlight into one of y’all’s ear while another on the other side looking in can report what you see in your heads.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there will always be those who cannot take the vaccine because they are immuno comprimised.

My nephews fiancé was told not to take it by her doctor because they are trying to get pregnant.
    She doesn't have to worry now, she's got covid.. The dr bet the wrong way... Oh... the dr is a trumper..
    They won't make my son's wedding Saturday. It's been getting worse, she thought it would come and go...

NO it usually doesn't. My wife's friend's son is a Dr in residency. back in the early days no ppe for them.
    He got covid... he's over it, but at 28 he's a long termer... he has many lingering effects, shortness of breath, loss of mental focus...

Go ahead don't get it... you are one of the people we just get to see nature take it's course on.
    That doctor probably listened to their concerns and considering his education and training he made the best call. He respected her wishes and protected and valued the life of the child. Don’t judge the doctor.

I have a friend , his VA doctor told him he did not have to wear a mask and he will not. He will not take the vaccine either. He would often be talked to by security or shown the door or denied service. He still will not wear a mask.

He went to college and got a degree from the Universities of Hard Knocks and also the University of South Vietnam. He never got arrested nor beat up. He will talk it over with people and kindly leave if he is not welcome. I have not seen even one person without a mask in stores until now things are opening up. I never took him to the store though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Small pox
    Polio
    TB
    Measles.

Ummm while I agree on the antivax idiots

One should be accurate
    Smallpox is the only one you listed that has be eradicated

Measles and polio you had best be vaccinated for,
    Espicaly if going to less developed places.

TB was brought under control some what with public health measures and antibiotics
    MDR variants are a very real problem with TB these days.

Now for the I won’t get a shot crowd because ther might be side effects.
    Take a look at the possible side effects of any drugs you take.

For women using hormonal birth control, look at the rate of stroke and other blood clotting issues.
    It’s always do the benefits out weight the risks.

Hot tip the rate of bad out comes from covid are higher than the bad out come from the vaccines

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing that I never see discussed is the people who have had covid. Is there any evidence that they need to take the vaccine? Everyone is vaccine, vaccine, vaccine all the time. I believe that an antibody test would confirm that a person had developed immunity to covid, shot or no shot. So requiring everyone to get the shot seems to be the wrong goal. The right goal is to have everyone to have immunity to covid.

That said, I did get the Pfizer shot relatively early on.

21. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now what truly boggles the mind is the number of people
    Who will take the advice of some clown on a blog or what ever
    Over the advice of their Doctor.

Don’t get vaccinated take my vitamin supplant or what ever

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

your wifes friends son sounds like a bitch, get the fuck over it.loss of mental focus😂

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels17 View Post
    The thing that I never see discussed is the people who have had covid. Is there any evidence that they need to take the vaccine? Everyone is vaccine, vaccine, vaccine all the time. I believe that an antibody test would confirm that a person had developed immunity to covid, shot or no shot. So requiring everyone to get the shot seems to be the wrong goal. The right goal is to have everyone to have immunity to covid.

That said, I did get the Pfizer shot relatively early on.
    That is because it falls in the we don’t really know category.

The what happens with new variants is an other one of those.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is faster and cheaper to give you a shot while you are there then it is to take a sample, get it tested and get back to you in a few days. Then set up a shot if needed. My stupid county does not take appointments to get a shot,. it is all wait in line and see if there are any doses left by the time you get to the front of the line. Any thoughts on why my county is still one of the least vaccinated in the state.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels17 View Post
    DEFINE_ME

That prior infection thing, people might be in for a rude shock perhaps?

Had to stifle a laugh this morning at a cafe, elderly female smoker carrying on with a vaping companion at a table outside, worrying about clots with AZ and would hold out for pfizer. Beyond the idiocy of sucking shit into your lungs via vape or coffin nails, seem to forget that's a greater exposure to thrombosis than the jab.