What's new
What's new

Can an employer make employees get vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbmgf7

Aluminum
I'm in a crummy corporate manufacturing environment. Truly and Us vs. Them (management/Corp) climate.

There's a rumor circulating that after the head honcho was down to meet (drove 12 hours from Corp to meet for 1 hour then headed back???), the topic of discussion was ways to vaccinate the facility.

After years and years of offshoring our work, cutting benefits, slowly reacting to the pandemic in the beginning, etc., I wouldn't rule this idea out.

So, anyone know if a employer can MAKE their employees get vaccinated?

How about show proof of vaccination? This would seem like a HIPAA violation but logically would seem silly if someone willing got vaccinated that they would want to withhold that info but it's the premise of the situation, I guess.

Thanks.

Topic was discussed here: Will you require employees to get covid vacine
Discussion went off track and the thread was locked.

I saw it on TV and they always get it right:-) A woman in the Northeast was fired for saying she needed a couple of days to think about it. Back then it would have taken a couple of days to get an appointment.

My place all the employees have voluntarily gotten vaccinated, nice to feel safe without masks.

Oops, my bad. Mods feel free to lock.

Some have voluntarily got the vaccine (a few with terrible side effects. One had a stroke. Hasn't told anyone but me).

For the others, it's not being antivax. It's just the skepticism of something being pushed out so quickly.

There is an interesting scenario developing in Oz on this point......the governmnet is being pilloried by the media because only around 50% of workers in old aged care have been vaccinated .....and the chattering masses aka public are seemingly demanding 100% vaccination........Funny thing ,is if the government had made vaccination compulsory ,these same screaming faggots would be out in the streets demonstrating against it.........What the media morons conveniently ignore is that if 50% of old age care workers quit,there would be a real situation ....or maybe another screaming headline for the media faggots.

Some have voluntarily got the vaccine (a few with terrible side effects. One had a stroke. Hasn't told anyone but me).

For the others, it's not being antivax. It's just the skepticism of something being pushed out so quickly.

AS far as I know the shots are still NOT approved by FDA. Do your homework on it. Also if your employer posts a new policy, there will likely be exemptions in it, learn what they are.

One data base puts full vaccination (2 jabs) at 42% for the United States so it looks like Gov't will have to find ways to gain higher rates. I guess business could be compelled to help but probably a fine balance about pissing your workforce off when employees are hard to come by.

Since most of the U.S. appears to be viewing C-19 as over with and mask mandates are pretty much over with it's going to be real hard gaining Biden's mandate of 70% by 4th of July.

john.k said:
only around 50% of workers in old aged care have been vaccinated .....and the chattering masses aka public are seemingly demanding 100% vaccination

11% is what I've heard.

Usual Feds/Scomo fuck-up. Staff have to vax in their own time, rather than simply arrange to do it at the facility when the residents are done - which would be the simple logical way.

Also reversed their commitment to only have staff work at one nursing home, which was supposed to happen in December... a sure fire way to spread a contagious disease.

When I did work on power stations in various (generally unpleasant) parts of the world, the works medical centre would give us vaccinations for the diseases that were prevalent in those areas if such were avalable, Anti malaria tablets that were appropriate for the territories. Gamma globulin against hepatitis. Tetanus, polio, smallpox boosters. Even an experimental vaccination against Japanese Encephalitis from the London School of Tropical Medicine.

We didn't argue about these precautions, we regarded them as the company doing its best to protect us from some very unpleasant things that were out there in the world.

If an employer actually made arrangements for their workkforce to get the vaccination, rather than simply demanding it, I would regard that as a very good thing.

When I did work on power stations in various (generally unpleasant) parts of the world, the works medical centre would give us vaccinations for the diseases that were prevalent in those areas if such were avalable, Anti malaria tablets that were appropriate for the territories. Gamma globulin against hepatitis. Tetanus, polio, smallpox boosters. Even an experimental vaccination against Japanese Encephalitis from the London School of Tropical Medicine.

We didn't argue about these precautions, we regarded them as the company doing its best to protect us from some very unpleasant things that were out there in the world.

If an employer actually made arrangements for their workkforce to get the vaccination, rather than simply demanding it, I would regard that as a very good thing.

"company doing it's best to protect" Must have been a long time ago. I'd be surprised if the U.S. military has even reached 45% two jab rate.

I'll find a new job... but we don't have any "rules" at my work so I don't have much to worry about...... (I hope)

Mine worked with the county to provide a location to Vax people when it was still 65 and up, then had regular events for employees once the age limit dropped to 18. Of course, I'd signed up with Publix before the company made the announcement.

No need to apologize, already seen some helpful comments here. The other thread was closed because it went off track, not because there were no more things that could be said on the subject.

One thing that would really get my goat is deception, apparently saying I consider myself vaccinated is a thing now. You are either vaccinated or not. Lying and deception on a mater of health and safety would be a serious infraction with me.

I think employers should try to avoid straight up demands first. They do not have sweeping control over their employers as say for example the military has control over service people. They can incarcerate service people if they disobey when they want.

Employers could not legally do that ot would be against the law.

I think some of it will be determined by the state they reside in, and whether or not the state government has passed a "No liability for Covid" law.

Several have already.

I'll consider getting vaccinated when the Vaccine makers stop demanding immunity from liability and stand behind their products.
If my employer fires me for not being vaccinated, they will have a law suite on their hands for trying to force me to get a shot that has no long term adverse effect studies made by companies that have never produced a successful vaccine & their current one has not been approved by the FDA.
Our company has offered a $50.00 bonus to those that have been vaccinated and if that's what my co-workers want to do then more power to them. I'll pass thanks

I think employers should try to avoid straight up demands first. ....

My employer does not require any vaccinations, including for measles which was epidemic in our area last year. I can see healthcare providers
requiring vaccinations (including covid) but the real question is, if they know somebody is not vaccinated, and that person brings the virus on
site and others catch it, can a corporation be held liable? There's a lot of gray area there.

My employer does not require any vaccinations, including for measles which was epidemic in our area last year. I can see healthcare providers
requiring vaccinations (including covid) but the real question is, if they know somebody is not vaccinated, and that person brings the virus on
site and others catch it, can a corporation be held liable? There's a lot of gray area there.

Jim now everyone knows you had to have had at least your rabies and distemper shots mandated. Although you do have the temper showing from time to time. I understand come with us and before long you will really enjoy your job. You can even still dislike the Great Orange Pumpkin too it is ok.

No need to apologize, already seen some helpful comments here. The other thread was closed because it went off track, not because there were no more things that could be said on the subject.

One thing that would really get my goat is deception, apparently saying I consider myself vaccinated is a thing now. You are either vaccinated or not. Lying and deception on a mater of health and safety would be a serious infraction with me.

That anyone would feel either way that lieing was needed or not needed is not a issue to me really. I walk my side of the street and will not police anyone. There is widespread adherence to vaccinations and even those talking about all the confusion wear masks and are not hostile to getting vaccinated nor those who choose not to. Free country.

I'm in a crummy corporate manufacturing environment. Truly and Us vs. Them (management/Corp) climate.

There's a rumor circulating that after the head honcho was down to meet (drove 12 hours from Corp to meet for 1 hour then headed back???), the topic of discussion was ways to vaccinate the facility.

After years and years of offshoring our work, cutting benefits, slowly reacting to the pandemic in the beginning, etc., I wouldn't rule this idea out.

So, anyone know if a employer can MAKE their employees get vaccinated?

How about show proof of vaccination? This would seem like a HIPAA violation but logically would seem silly if someone willing got vaccinated that they would want to withhold that info but it's the premise of the situation, I guess.

Thanks.

It is a violation of your constitutional rights, and HIPA, tell your boss to stick his gene therapy where the sun does not shine, make sure to give him the 1 finger wave on your way out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back