Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Country
    NAMIBIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Chicago clean air

Am curious if anybody from Chicago has an opinion on this new clean air drive from Mayor Lightfood. A former colleague of mine consults for that administration, or rather consulted, and he was rather shocked how disorganized everything seemed. I see quite a few problems with her ideas but I'd like to hear from somebody who's actually right there, on the ground.

LIVE: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot speaks after city council meeting - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Murders up 50% from last year and this anti police dumb ass is concerned about dirty air? I could care less about anything she has to say.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Close down O'Hare.....:d

4. Likes Pathogen liked this post
    Country
    NAMIBIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Murders up 50% from last year and this anti police dumb ass is concerned about dirty air? I could care less about anything she has to say.
    Yep. I wonder how she got elected and who's pulling her strings. I've got a lot of family in Chicago, some in medium size business and they all complain. And do absolutely nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder how she got elected
    She got elected by the color of her skin. Chicago has a large-enough minority population to determine who is mayor in just about every election from here on out.

ToolCat

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    She got elected by the color of her skin. Chicago has a large-enough minority population to determine who is mayor in just about every election from here on out.

ToolCat
    Don't you think it's about time the minorities got some equity? Whites have enjoyed that same thing for hundreds of years because of the color of our skin.

8. Likes bucktruck, JoeE., Gobo, bosleyjr liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Don't you think it's about time the minorities got some equity? Whites have enjoyed that same thing for hundreds of years because of the color of our skin.
    But, for some strange reason, the white people want the same rules for all.
    Ever since the 1964 rule changes, everyone has the same rights, regardless of skin color.

The people in charge now, they want tribalism.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Orbital77 View Post
    Am curious if anybody from Chicago has an opinion on this new clean air drive from Mayor Lightfood. A former colleague of mine consults for that administration, or rather consulted, and he was rather shocked how disorganized everything seemed. I see quite a few problems with her ideas but I'd like to hear from somebody who's actually right there, on the ground.

LIVE: Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot speaks after city council meeting - YouTube

I never realized Gollum was black.

11. Likes Orbital77 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you think turning modestly run cities into urban hell holes to be equity I suppose you're right.

13. Likes Dualkit, SND, Fancuku, Winterfalke, tdmidget and 2 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultradog MN View Post
    I never realized Gollum was black.
    OK.

Stop with the snide remarks and backhanded comments on a person's appearance.

I don't agree with her politics, but she was duly elected and needs to look out for her city.

You couldn't drag me into that position with a hundred wild horses.

Chicago is a shit show, and for those in charge of running it, a political death sentence.

Stop with the attacks please.

15. Likes Gobo, bosleyjr liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Myself and any Conservative I've ever known judges people based on character, not race. Also, humans are individuals, not groups. Not all blacks fit into a group as you see it. In fact, I know many that strongly disagree with your view.

It's flat out insulting to any black person to imply they can't do it on their own, and that they need the help of whites to accomplish anything. It actually implies whites are superior.

I know you will never be able to process this, but your approach is the very definition of Racism.

17. Likes Orbital77, Dualkit, SND, Mcgyver, Fancuku and 11 others liked this post
    Country
    NAMIBIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't understand. What's skin color having anything to do with this ???

19. Likes Ultradog MN, tdmidget, ratbldr427 liked this post
    Country
    NAMIBIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Mcgraw View Post
    Myself and any Conservative I've ever known judges people based on character, not race. Also, humans are individuals, not groups. Not all blacks fit into a group as you see it. In fact, I know many that strongly disagree with your view.

It's flat out insulting to any black person to imply they can't do it on their own, and that they need the help of whites to accomplish anything. It actually implies whites are superior.

I know you will never be able to process this, but your approach is the very definition of Racism.
    I almost never post here but read a lot. You guys should let him supply enough rope. Just ask him to explain. They never can - it's all BS slogans.

21. Likes Alloy Mcgraw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    But, for some strange reason, the white people want the same rules for all.
    Ever since the 1964 rule changes, everyone has the same rights, regardless of skin color.

The people in charge now, they want tribalism.
    Evidently you haven't heard about the voter suppression going on in Arizona, Georgia and probably other states. Also, your "tribalism" smacks of racism.

23. Likes SIP6A, Greg White, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultradog MN View Post
    If you think turning modestly run cities into urban hell holes to be equity I suppose you're right.
    I'm reading that as you thinking that only white people can run a city. Is that correct?

25. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Only when you are a trump cult member and up is down and right is wrong and......

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also, go back and read post #5. I'm not he one who brought up skin color. That was your right wing buddy cnctoolcat.

28. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Orbital77 View Post
    I don't understand. What's skin color having anything to do with this ???
    I was responding to post #5. Go back and read it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Also, go back and read post #5. I'm not he one who brought up skin color. That was your right wing buddy cnctoolcat.
    Regardless of who brought up skin color, your statement is your statement.

Not quite sure how you people get bamboozled so easily.

If black people mattered to the Left, they would do something about the deaths in Chicago.

Don't listen to me, go look at the stats. The deaths are overwhelmingly black males.

If you think these Leftist Elites care are about Black people, you're a fool. They are being pimped for support.

31. Likes Orbital77, SND, Pete Deal, tdmidget, DrHook and 2 others liked this post
    Country
    NAMIBIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was responding to post #5. Go back and read it.
    No, you weren't. You were trolling.

Minorities can have "equity" with mayors of any color. You are not ( hopefully ) implying that Chicago minorities are so stupid as to elect some incompetent just because happens to be a person of color and different sexual orientation. Because that would be racist. Equity is good if in the end you can do something with it.