Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Trump I believe is the first president of the USA that has never been involved in politics or a general and it does show.
    Good response. How much restraint did that take?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump I believe is the first president of the USA that has never been involved in politics or a general and it does show.[/QUOTE]

Obamha and Trump, the last two presidents, were the only USA elections in which none of the major candidates had been in the military.
    Bill D.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    Good response. How much restraint did that take?!
    Quite a bit as it isn't easy not calling the maniac a maniac.

Interesting too that some, not all, that take offence to posts not in favour of Trump (how's that for diplomacy? ) are the same ones that insult Obama as retaliation.

4. Likes crazygoat liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Trump I believe is the first president of the USA that has never been involved in politics or a general and it does show.
    Obamha and Trump, the last two presidents, were the only USA elections in which none of the major candidates had been in the military.
    Bill D.
    True but at least Obama had been in politics.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I find that hard to believe. In fact, since I'm a betting man, I'll bet you fifty cents that's wrong before I go look.

Agree ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Gordo, I make no claim. I support our president not because I think he’s a great guy but because he is our president. There’s too much of this entitled we deserve this this and this crap floating around. He isn’t a great president by any means but to not support him even if you don’t agree is just nonsense. Does it not make us better people and a better nation to try and work together no matter how hard or how infuriating. From what I recall the Democratic Party wants to help everyone but it sure seems they are quick to throw some under the bus too when it’s easier. As for republicans it’s pretty self explanatory don’t work with the democrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Whysosharp View Post
    Well Gordo, I make no claim. I support our president not because I think he’s a great guy but because he is our president. There’s too much of this entitled we deserve this this and this crap floating around. He isn’t a great president by any means but to not support him even if you don’t agree is just nonsense. Does it not make us better people and a better nation to try and work together no matter how hard or how infuriating. From what I recall the Democratic Party wants to help everyone but it sure seems they are quick to throw some under the bus too when it’s easier. As for republicans it’s pretty self explanatory don’t work with the democrats
    Hmmmm...
    How did that work out in Weimar Germany?

The difference between working together for a shared goal and not standing up tosociopathy is real.

The republicans have finally come out of their bunker with the likes of trump.
    sorry, but there is nothing to work with here.
    Every time a common goal has been found it turns out to be a prybar.
    Want to work to fix DACA, build the wall.
    Kids losing their families...same thing.

This is nothing more than breaking things until you get your way.

9. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I find that hard to believe. In fact, since I'm a betting man, I'll bet you fifty cents that's wrong before I go look.

Agree ?
    In all fairness, cadet Bonespurs was in a private school...and Bush was a political attaché for his service.

But Senator Kerry was a fraud and McCain was a loser.

11. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This isn’t Weimer Germany and that reference is quite dated. You can have two opposing sides come together for a greater good it’s the people in position to do so who we have to try and work with. It’s not ideal no but anyone can complain about the current status of things the question is what are you going to do about it. As for prybar I think that’s a little over the top I find the ham-fisted approach that’s been takin to certain matters has been refreshing. Our shop hasn’t been as busy as it is today in the past 5 years so despite the bizarre and dare I say tragic ways Trump goes about things there is certainly more at play than the media or politicians are telling us. I have to admit Miguel all I’ve advocated for was teamwork on both sides and you don’t seem to be about that

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This isn’t Weimer Germany and that reference is quite dated. You can have two opposing sides come together for a greater good it’s the people in position to do so who we have to try and work with. It’s not ideal no but anyone can complain about the current status of things the question is what are you going to do about it. As for prybar I think that’s a little over the top I find the ham-fisted approach that’s been takin to certain matters has been refreshing. Our shop hasn’t been as busy as it is today in the past 5 years so despite the bizarre and dare I say tragic ways Trump goes about things there is certainly more at play than the media or politicians are telling us. I have to admit Miguel all I’ve advocated for was teamwork on both sides and you don’t seem to be about that
    If there were any indication the other “team” gave a shit about the nation or its people I’d be interested.
    The other”team” has done nothing good for the nation in decades...and in fact has steadily blocked things that were objectively good that the majority of Americans want.

Team work is not getting your hand ripped off by a rabid dog just so you can both have a snack.

14. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    Cyber espionage and cyber warfare are some of the most dishonorable ways there are for countries to conduct themselves.
    This will be where the next big war will be fought if it comes down to it.
    If, and it would be a big if, you disabled the net across the US chaos would follow in days.
    No gas, no food, no manufacturing production. All the tanks and planes in the world won't help.
    It's so way different than WWII where production capacity, dedicated manpower and know how on the ground mattered.
    Those days are gone and will be a side note.

Computers have changed the landscape of everything. We now accept such as a way of life but there has never been a attack on this end.
    One has to think this full scale assault will happen as it seems there is never a "war to end all wars".
    Bob

16. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    and it would be a big if, you disabled the net across the US chaos would follow in days.
    No gas, no food, no manufacturing production.
    No Practical Machinist, no Manufacturing Forum, no Gordon B. Clarke etc.... Chaos indeed

18. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I knew this had to be wrong ... Coolidge vs Davis in 1924. Wilson vs Hughes, 1916. Polk vs Clay 1844.

If you look through here

United States presidential election - Wikipedia

I am sure you will find a bunch more. I just checked a few famous names. You could even make a case that starting in 1796, Adams vs Jefferson neither had been military. Jefferson was a colonel in the "militia" but he seems to have spent all his time writing the Virginia Constitution. Maybe he made the pens line up on the desk and march

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll bet you wouldn't support him if your daughter was one of the pussys he grabbed.