What's new
What's new

China computer Hack on USA Sub Contractor

...well, since it's a matter of national security, I expect trump will order an invasion and nuclear attack on Canada... in retribution! ;)

This is very unfortunate. It does seem like we can not do enough to prevent this from happening. It does seem like a persistent problem because when you look at Facebook and ransomware it seems the Internet is going to the dogs.
The tear of high level information surrounding our methods of submarine communications is very disturbing as it took a lot of time and treasure to develop these technologies. I wonder how much money China saves by stealing information? The fact that with intellectual property and the fact they have no problem staying active in using that also it should be no surprise they are in that endeavor.

In that line of work you can never tell who manages to steal what and who may get completely away undetected.

I work in automation.
The ease with which modern machines can be compromised is terrifying to me.
Hell...people are using web connected appliances as spam bots.

At least the Chinese resort to their own tech for stealing military information. The Russians always depended on their democrat pals in our country to deliver the goods. Regards, Clark

China was once very anti high tech science and research, now not so much,
Given their newfound interest and dedication I wonder at what point we will be stealing secrets and innovations from them on the net?
Bob

At least the Chinese resort to their own tech for stealing military information. The Russians always depended on their democrat pals in our country to deliver the goods. Regards, Clark

I guess you didn't realize Donald was a Republican. I mean,Donald did just try to destroy our closest allies relationship with the USA, one born from the blood and horror of WWII. And he had the gall (while he was insulting all the other leaders) to demand Russian reentry to the G7(nee 8).

Sure sounds like a Russian stooge to me. Or is that Republican stooge? Both want to destroy the USA, is there any difference anymore?

China was once very anti high tech science and research, now not so much,
Given their newfound interest and dedication I wonder at what point we will be stealing secrets and innovations from them on the net?
Bob

Inside a decade.
In fact when I was there a decade ago there were places in the plant they wouldn’t let me go because of trade secrets.
Not the parent company that owned the firm...the Chinese plant operation partners.

I guess you didn't realize Donald was a Republican. I mean,Donald did just try to destroy our closest allies relationship with the USA, one born from the blood and horror of WWII. And he had the gall (while he was insulting all the other leaders) to demand Russian reentry to the G7(nee 8).

Sure sounds like a Russian stooge to me. Or is that Republican stooge? Both want to destroy the USA, is there any difference anymore?
To be fair, they aren’t bent on destroying the USA.
It just happens that what they are actually trying to do will result in its destruction.

This is why they make hard copies. Albeit some one could still get their hands on it. It’s still doubly harder to walk around with a bibles worth of classified documentation. We rely too much on the inter webs for the safekeeping of mission critical and secret information. This is why buzz words like the cloud are an immediate turn off to me. All this nonsense with countries hacking other countries really should be grounds for prosecution in which the offending country doesn’t just get a slap on the wrist. This shit is like the bully in the school yard except no one has balls enough to stand up to him. You gonna just let him keep taking your hard earned lunch money?

This is why they make hard copies. Albeit some one could still get their hands on it. It’s still doubly harder to walk around with a bibles worth of classified documentation. We rely too much on the inter webs for the safekeeping of mission critical and secret information. This is why buzz words like the cloud are an immediate turn off to me. All this nonsense with countries hacking other countries really should be grounds for prosecution in which the offending country doesn’t just get a slap on the wrist. This shit is like the bully in the school yard except no one has balls enough to stand up to him. You gonna just let him keep taking your hard earned lunch money?

Trump will gladly HELP Putin take our lunch money.
Then reward him by letting him off the hook for hacking AND invading his neighbors and murdering people around the globe.

For that matter he wanted to let ZTE off the hook for security violations because Xi want it.

FWIW the Russians are using typewriters.

Miguels I can accept that you don’t like Trump but how does he have anything to do with the Chinese hacking a US naval contractor? As for Trump working with Putin claims I mean come on let’s get realistic. You have X number of people on capital hill and to say that none of them can come up with some definitive evidence of this Trump/Putin alliance says a lot. He isn’t my first choice but he is the president and so he will get my support just like Obama did despite myself being a conservative. There is so much Trump bashing and admittedly sometimes it’s funny but give the guy a break. All the issues in this country are far from his fault. As Daniel Malloy that loser from CT would say “It’s my predecessors fault” but in Trumps case that’s actually kind of true.

Miguels I can accept that you don’t like Trump but how does he have anything to do with the Chinese hacking a US naval contractor? As for Trump working with Putin claims I mean come on let’s get realistic. You have X number of people on capital hill and to say that none of them can come up with some definitive evidence of this Trump/Putin alliance says a lot. He isn’t my first choice but he is the president and so he will get my support just like Obama did despite myself being a conservative. There is so much Trump bashing and admittedly sometimes it’s funny but give the guy a break. All the issues in this country are far from his fault. As Daniel Malloy that loser from CT would say “It’s my predecessors fault” but in Trumps case that’s actually kind of true.

Trying to block sanctions and talking down the invasion of Crimea and Ukraine at the G7 are absolutely working in Putin’s interests.
As for relevance to hacking...he hardly even admitted the Russians were involved in ‘the cyber’at all. Before eventually dismissing it as irrelevant.

Direct if obsfucated support for a known bad actor in Putin, both in meat and cyber space.
Then there’s his attempt to lift sanctions onZTE which has sold tools that enable cyber conflict and defense to hostile nations under edict.

So...there is a link there.
Largely that link is that he doesn’t actually care all that much unless it impacts his ratings or costs his friends money.

In spite of mentioning ‘the cyber’ he has done nothing at all to strengthen security, largely letting the issue die on the vine through inattention. That’s HIS job. It’s a matter of national security. He has ignored it in favor of ratings and pissing matches, leaving us open to this sort of meddling because he simply isn’t willing to do the hard work.

It’s not the Chinese fault that trump has made no effort o close those doors.

You also have X number of people blocking the things that could prove some allegations are true. Blind loyalty. If donnie were to jump off of a cliff, there would be some that would follow him. The ZTE thing was pay to play. He made no attempt to hide it. Cyber security is not even on his mind because he doesn't understand it. He even uses an unsecured phone because it is to much trouble to use a secured one. I'd be willing to bet it's already been hacked. My God man, this is the president of the USA! Rather or not the issues were inherited, he is making no effort to fix them.

“It’s my predecessors fault” but in Trumps case that’s actually kind of true.

That he keeps saying it doesn't make it true. It'd be nice if the present president showed some respect for the former president as you claim to do.

Trump I believe is the first president of the USA that has never been involved in politics or a general and it does show.

That he keeps saying it doesn't make it true. It'd be nice if the present president showed some respect for the former president as you claim to do.

Trump I believe is the first president of the USA that has never been involved in politics or a general and it does show.

He’s never been involved with anything except branding and reality TV.

Back