What's new
What's new

China has moved right up to blatant forgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huleo

Hot Rolled
Looking for a few different parts and was looking for calipers a short while back. Looking for Gates belts, look on Ebay and there are """Gates""" belts in "Gates" boxes in China? So Gates builds them, ships to China, and China sells them back to the USA??? RIGHT. So are they being made in China and they ripped them off, or are they just making copies over there, complete with branding?

I was trying to find Mitutoyo calipers a short while back and now realize I cannot buy a think on Egay because most of them are rip offs and they don't even have the resolution correct.

Ebay is just a ces pool of China rip offs now? I guess people are throwing money at them from the USA or they would not be doing it. They are even getting sneakier and getting hubs setup in the USA so products are "shipped from USA". What a damn joke!

I dunno if your rant is a wee bit misplaced or not.

Gates belts for years have said on the cardboard box (or sleeve)
"Country of origin on product"

And the belts I have looked at are from all over the world.

Um, if you looked a bit you would find that Gates has headquarters in both Shanghai, China as well as Singapore. It would come as no surprise if they also did manufacturing there as well for world distribution. They may not import those made over seas to the American market but they could easily find their way on to Ebay.

I really doubt that this is an issue of "blatant forgery".

JMHO

-Ron

Looking for a few different parts and was looking for calipers a short while back. Looking for Gates belts, look on Ebay and there are """Gates""" belts in "Gates" boxes in China? So Gates builds them, ships to China, and China sells them back to the USA??? RIGHT. So are they being made in China and they ripped them off, or are they just making copies over there, complete with branding?

I was trying to find Mitutoyo calipers a short while back and now realize I cannot buy a think on Egay because most of them are rip offs and they don't even have the resolution correct.

Ebay is just a ces pool of China rip offs now? I guess people are throwing money at them from the USA or they would not be doing it. They are even getting sneakier and getting hubs setup in the USA so products are "shipped from USA". What a damn joke!

Ebay needs to hear from you if you were defrauded. Plus China may not even know what the situation is. You need not be so concerned with that. Just be careful and beware when you buy.China and Ebay often get a bum rap especially when something bad happens and they are caught unawares because no one complained about some perceived injustice. Friend be very careful here just make sure to run and touch all the bases if you have a claim.

Hope you get this resolved and remember Ebay and China likely do not condone what you experienced. Go through the channels at least with Ebay I have.
Spinit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back