• Replies 123
  • Views 8,890
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

otrlt

China has reached a confirmed landing on Mars,

Let the space race begin.

I congratulate China on their effort on this historic mission. This event is very good news too all that machine.

I congratulate China on their effort on this historic mission. This event is very good news too all that machine.

you're thinking in very short term about this, we have enough expensive problems on this planet to waste resources expanding this sickness (us) to another world

this is nothing other than a money sink - using borrowed money to pay todays and tomorrows wages (while calling it economic stimulus) not thinking about what will happen when the winter comes, because - who cares, they won't be in the office then...

Why would anyone from the USA be happy about this? Did you forget they are close allies with North Korea? Maybe they can help the North Korea nuclear missile program with the new found technology.

you're thinking in very short term about this, we have enough expensive problems on this planet to waste resources expanding this sickness (us) to another world

this is nothing other than a money sink - using borrowed money to pay todays and tomorrows wages (while calling it economic stimulus) not thinking about what will happen when the winter comes, because - who cares, they won't be in the office then...

Well you’re just peachy ain’t ya?

I don’t give two flying F-bombs about the politics of it, but the space shit going on now is awesome! Reusable rockets, more space stations, upcoming moon landings, shit’s blowing up, it’s good times! We have a friggin space force!

When we sent the first dudes to the moon, the production of the Apollo computers used something like 70% of the worlds existing integrated circuits. You can’t convince me this didn’t birth modern computing systems. What other tech is going to pop out of this? I’m excited.

You know what happened the last time we were scared in a space race? We learned a lot of cool shit on both sides. Russia had failures and successes as did the US. As a bonus, the world didn’t end. This will be no different. I’m not going to sweat China doing their thing. I hope their successes just scare the politicians enough to make them get their act together.

And maybe, just maybe, we’ll figure out this global warming crap once and for all.

Why would anyone from the USA be happy about this? Did you forget they are close allies with North Korea? Maybe they can help the North Korea nuclear missile program with the new found technology.

Is North Korea looking at putting missile silos on Mars? We're all going to die!!!:willy_nilly:

Well you’re just peachy ain’t ya?

I don’t give two flying F-bombs about the politics of it, but the space shit going on now is awesome! Reusable rockets, more space stations, upcoming moon landings, shit’s blowing up, it’s good times! We have a friggin space force!

When we sent the first dudes to the moon, the production of the Apollo computers used something like 70% of the worlds existing integrated circuits. You can’t convince me this didn’t birth modern computing systems. What other tech is going to pop out of this? I’m excited.

You know what happened the last time we were scared in a space race? We learned a lot of cool shit on both sides. Russia had failures and successes as did the US. As a bonus, the world didn’t end. This will be no different. I’m not going to sweat China doing their thing. I hope their successes just scare the politicians enough to make them get their act together.

And maybe, just maybe, we’ll figure out this global warming crap once and for all.

I couldn't agree more, the only way out is up. If it weren't for the buckets of money "wasted on space when we have problems right here" in the 60's we wouldn't be having these conversations on the internet today.

i imagine thats what people were telling columbus...

Well I am sure if you ask the Chinese they will claim they actually are only returning as they actually discovered it way back. Good point about the Red planet that serves as proof that they were actually there first.

Well I am sure if you ask the Chinese they will claim they actually are only returning as they actually discovered it way back. Good point about the Red planet that serves as proof that they were actually there first.
I get more and more the impression that TT is an AI test. Programmed with a particular bent, but not more than that.

This Chinese achievement will definitely be viewed as a "Sputnik Moment". The consequences of this event is huge.

The US is going to put boots on Mars.... 1969 once more.

View attachment 321389
Wonder if my mars part will post

Be prepared for more work mkd,

A "manned mission" requires sub contractors to adhere to a substantial quality control program. The vast population of business (which include mine) will not be allowed to make hardware that reaches Mars.

But to reach the "red planet", these smaller shops will be busy for the next 20 years making tools and support equipment.

Space Race = money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back