What's new
What's new

China's Real Plan........

• Thread starter UGH
  • Start date
  • Replies 245
  • Views 32,842
Funny how it is OK for us to have inreadible amounts of fire power to be able to reach anywhere in the world within hours, but we don't understand why anyone else would think that they should invest in protection themselves.

Personally I have to think that Washington is allowing much of the trade issues as part of another cold war. It is said that we spent the Ruskies into poverty and won that one, but I believe that with all the trade that we are doing with China, just an embargo would put both our countries into a tailspin as we currently are relying on them so heavily for our daily needs.

Shut down China right now and it would take many yrs (without help from the "War Dept") to put American manufacturing back together. Any business that is closed is not going to reopen very quickly. Those that have been sitting on the edge of bankruptsy are not likely to want or even be able to add iron anytime soon. And how much of our iron comes from China these days at that?

I think war with China is at an all time low point in probability now. Even with tensions high.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Funny how it is OK for us to have inreadible amounts of fire power to be able to reach anywhere in the world within hours, but we don't understand why anyone else would think that they should invest in protection themselves.

Personally I have to think that Washington is allowing much of the trade issues as part of another cold war. It is said that we spent the Ruskies into poverty and won that one, but I believe that with all the trade that we are doing with China, just an embargo would put both our countries into a tailspin as we currently are relying on them so heavily for our daily needs.

Shut down China right now and it would take many yrs (without help from the "War Dept") to put American manufacturing back together.

I respect your comments ox,
US Manufacturing doesn't need to be put "back together". We're doing quite well and continually improving.

I do understand your concern, but we are back, and and it has nothing to do with politics.

US Manufacturing doesn't need to be put "back together". We're doing quite well and continually improving.

I do understand your concern, but we are back, and and it has nothing to do with politics.

So, how's your consumer durables and electronics manufacturing going, these days?

How much is a totally made in the USA flat panel TV selling for?

PDW

The core of our manufacturing base doesn't dwell on such trivial concerns.

we have bigger fish to fry

You dug up a 2 post / 15 year old thread for THAT? :willy_nilly:

I'm surprised the link still werks! :bowdown:

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Before manufacturers would invest in basic manufacturing they will have to be convinced that the trade situation is going to continue for a long time. Sure, some mills and furnaces can be restarted, but to put together a basic machine tools infrastructure is going to take years. With the capriciousness of our government, I just don't see that happening.

Tom

You might indeed be "doing well" but many (most?) of your competitors are doing better.

I get the impression you don't follow what is happening outside the USA.

Trump has made EVERYTHING to do with politics whether you know that or not.

The core of our manufacturing base doesn't dwell on such trivial concerns.

we have bigger fish to fry

The core of the manufacturing base couldn't mobilize to fight another war like it did in WWII. There aren't the skills, there isn't the capacity anymore. Could the manufacturing base churn out tanks/aircraft/ships like it was once able to. Where's the steel and aluminum going to come from? US foundries?

What are these bigger fish your frying?

The core of the manufacturing base couldn't mobilize to fight another war like it did in WWII. There aren't the skills, there isn't the capacity anymore. Could the manufacturing base churn out tanks/aircraft/ships like it was once able to. Where's the steel and aluminum going to come from? US foundries?

Although our nation's manufacturing base is broad, many countries choose to focus mainly on consumer goods, we choose differently.

Our products are desperately needed throughout the world, without them, many countries could not produce much of anything. These products include chemicals, rubber, plastics and many more.

You see, what the US has done is we have created the infrastructure to service complete industries. No other single country has the depth of that foundation.

Although our nation's manufacturing base is broad, many countries choose to focus mainly on consumer goods, we choose differently.

Our products are desperately needed throughout the world, without them, many countries could not produce much of anything. These products include chemicals, rubber, plastics and many more.

You see, what the US has done is we have created the infrastructure to service complete industries. No other single country has the depth of that foundation.

Answer the question. Where is all the tanks, aircraft, ships going to come from?

Pentagon says China refitting missiles to hit Okinawa - Washington Times

The greed of our Fortune 500 companies will kill us all.

STOP DOING BUSINESS WITH CHINA......

I'll pay more, hell at least keep it in Mexico or North America, but not CHINA....

I agree. I am a citizen first, a consumer second. I do everything I can to support my home team. Trade with the chicoms is so lopsided I don't think we have much to lose in a trade war. I am not against trade just unfair trade. I might add I paid a lot of money for my software I did not steal it like a lot of the chicoms do.

Answer the question. Where is all the tanks, aircraft, ships going to come from?

The capacity of the US defense industry is second to none. To second guess and/or question the industrial output of our nation is foolish.

This is 1 example; The US Navy has more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined.

The capacity of the US defense industry is second to none. To second guess and/or question the industrial output of our nation is foolish.

This is 1 example; The US Navy has more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined.

Anything more specific?

The next WW3, will not require the tanks/aircraft, etc, like the first two world wars, the next world war will likely be nuclear.

US steel production was at the same level at 2015 as it was in the peak years around WWII.
Aluminium production today is 5 times bigger than it was during WWII.

Doesn't really matter because there is not going to be another war like WWII

The US base is broad but when is the last time you were outside the USA and to where? You might still be living in "the good old days".

I agree. I am a citizen first, a consumer second. I do everything I can to support my home team. Trade with the chicoms is so lopsided I don't think we have much to lose in a trade war. I am not against trade just unfair trade. I might add I paid a lot of money for my software I did not steal it like a lot of the chicoms do.

That might be more credible if speyrer didn't give you a "like".

Ever stopped to think how much was invented by the Chinese while your ancestors hunted with spears and clubs?

List of Chinese inventions - Wikipedia

BTW how many US inventions were by immigrants?

Back