Chinese Raise Prices??
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Chinese Raise Prices??

Has anybody noticed prices rising on Chinese consumer goods ?

Had to get a new kettle the other week, most supermarkets used to do a cheap kettle around £6-£7. ............but no more, best I could do was £15.00

One or two places listed the cheapies but had no stock.

Folk have told me of other increases.

A thought, now the Chinese more or less have the worlds consumer goods market, .......... they can put the prices up ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just want to know if they've raised the cost of the rope we're to hang ourselves with...

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Has anybody noticed prices rising on Chinese consumer goods ?
    Nope. Prices went down a little right after the quarantine, lots of sales, now back to normal.

There is no "China" engaged in manufacture, btw. More like 987,523 factories. Per province There's a gazillion companies making stuff, and they all set their own prices.

Currency fluctuations or inbound tariffs ? The dollar is actually down a touch, compared to a year ago. But not that much. Retailers tacking on a lot ? Shortages ? We just shipped a grinder and prices were less than normal, so not shipping.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I just want to know if they've raised the cost of the rope we're to hang ourselves with...
    Can't see how they can avoid it?

Given what putting their man into the White House (probably... given no one cheats on elections and gets away with it anywhere near as well as the Dems)..has already cost?

And the sort of "markup" Biden, Inc. take out of their client's pockets for abysmal delivery of value.

Guess there's a sort of "justice" in Biden, Inc. not being able to deliver any better deal for China than for any other victim, so much of it is squandered!

Then again, he need not.

Crippling the USA is as just as useful as putting it under direct PRC rule, and less hassle for the Chinese if they do NOT have to try to "run" it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Serious question, and no disrespect intended (beyond what you deserve):

How much Agent Orange were you exposed to? In the field, I mean. It's clear you got far too much over the last five years or so.

6. Likes Greg White, Limy Sami, Mark Rand, jaguar36 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what the people wanted.
    Lock it down, there's not enough shortages, print more money there's not enough inflation.

8. Likes digger doug, 1yesca liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think that EG has most of the reasons.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think about it. We're really not screwed. Everything of value that China makes is also made in some other (more democratic) country.

It's just that we want all this cheap crap.

We the people can choose alternatives.

11. Likes SND, Dualkit, Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You could always support British industry and just buy a British made kettle. I don't know what your problem is. Here you go. Traditional Large 5 pint kettle *OUT OF STOCK*

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Serious question, and no disrespect intended (beyond what you deserve):

How much Agent Orange were you exposed to? In the field, I mean. It's clear you got far too much over the last five years or so.
    No disrespect intended?

BULLSHIT!

That's just another one of your filthy cheap shots, something that seems to be an ingrained part of your character.

FYI, based on comparing posts thermite seems to have far more of his mental faculties than YOU do despite having over a decade on you.

PS: Now is the time for another "Nazis under the bed" rant from you. You haven't posted one such for at least a day now.

14. Likes 1yesca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    Think about it. We're really not screwed. Everything of value that China makes is also made in some other (more democratic) country.

Exactly. I gladly pay more (although they are not always more expensive*) for European vs Chinese. Much better and more lasting quality. Ever notice how often ChiCom shit with molded elastomer grips and housings gets "gummy" after a couple of years?

Our very comfortable plastic deck chairs and side tables were made in Italy. We bought them because everything else has gone to that Adirondack style that is tough on older knees. We paid less than $10 per chair/

16. Likes ChipSplitter liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post

Sometimes you are funny. If you had even half a clue, you could be dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Sometimes you are funny. If you had even half a clue, you could be dangerous.
    You know something that's really funny? China is fucking with Australian food exports to China. Producers here are reluctant to export.

Woe is me. New season cherries, first quality, are $13/kg instead of over $20. Lobsters fresh caught and alive, $60/kg or less.

I'm feeling so punished. Please sir can I have some more?

PDW - eating fresh picked new season cherries.

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

New season cherries, first quality, are $13/kg instead of over $20
    I was just bitching about Cherries in China last night. Walmart sells them for over 100 RMB for 1/4 kilo and they sit on the shelf and spoil. That's $60 a kilo for cherries, only the wealthy Chinese can afford them. I can see why Aussies would be reluctant to sell to China as they probably have some sort of loss clause for spoiled fruit that goes back to the Aussies.

Then again I would gladly pay 60 bucks for a bag of cherries right now. The only way you can find them here are in canned fruit cocktail with that sweet syrup.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    I was just bitching about Cherries in China last night. Walmart sells them for over 100 RMB for 1/4 kilo and they sit on the shelf and spoil. That's $60 a kilo for cherries, only the wealthy Chinese can afford them. I can see why Aussies would be reluctant to sell to China as they probably have some sort of loss clause for spoiled fruit that goes back to the Aussies.

Then again I would gladly pay 60 bucks for a bag of cherries right now. The only way you can find them here are in canned fruit cocktail with that sweet syrup.
    Hmm. Cherries are all over Shanghai, but expensive. And they taste bad, so I never buy them. And the green seedless grapes, too. Yucky.

But I'm spoiled, grew up near Santa Clara county, the most productive orchard country in the entire United States, until they turned it into silicon valley shithole, worth absolutely nothing, that could have been built in the middle of the desert for all it mattered.

Still upset about that

Not sure what's the cause, PD but I haven't heard any "punishing" stuff. Just that they are freaked about anything coming in. They are testing frozen foods and everything. Doesn't make sense but here is china. All the recent virus cases are from the airports or shipping ports so if it involves coming in from anywhere, they flip out.

Where's you at now, g-code ? There's cherries at the fruit stands on my street. I just think they taste bad. Bananas are cheaper than heck and youzi is in season now though, yum !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure what's the cause, PD but I haven't heard any "punishing" stuff. Just that they are freaked about anything coming in. They are testing frozen foods and everything. Doesn't make sense but here is china. All the recent virus cases are from the airports or shipping ports so if it involves coming in from anywhere, they flip out.
    Nah, the Chinese ambassador told us they're pissed at us and it's up to us to change & be nice. 14 things we've done bad including banning Huawei from our 5G network infrastructure and saying nasty things about China violating their treaty over Hong Kong, restricting foreign investment and insisting Chinese paid lobbyists et al register as such.

Really not going to change our behaviour as what they want is directly against our interests both short term and long term. Better to take the short term quite considerable pain now than give in because that'll just lead to more of the same down the track.

Meanwhile I've just finished half a kilo of delicious fresh cherries and have a bowl of fresh-picked strawberries in the fridge to have with some ice cream. And lobster is going to be a lot cheaper for Christmas.

So when you can't get delicious fresh Aussie fruit and other produce, it's because we're being punished. I'm good with that.

PDW

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    So when you can't get delicious fresh Aussie fruit and other produce, it's because we're being punished. I'm good with that.
    If it's strawberries and cherries, that's why I didn't notice. They taste awful so I never buy them.

Have you noticed that modern strawberries look absolutely beautiful, but they taste like cardboard ?

I imagine they'll be happy to accept criticism over Hong Kong after you give the continent back to the abos ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I suspect they'll be happy about you criticizing Hong Kong after you give the continent back to the abos ...
    They'll do that when China pulls out of Tibet.

Deal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PDW, is China still buying a lot of AU coal, or has that slowed down too?

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They'll do that when China pulls out of Tibet.

Deal?
    Right after you honor all the treaties with the Indians, sure.