What's new
What's new

Closing threads without noting the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-coder05

Titanium
What moderator is closing so many threads in this forum and not taking 30 seconds to put why? I just looked and on this first page alone there are 5 closed threads in the middle of actual decent discussions. Manufacturing of Covid vaccines seems to go along with "Manufacturing" yet it's closed with no reason.

Im quite sure it isn't Don locking them. He always post the reason even if its as simple as "meaningless title".

I would venture a guess most of them are due to the fact some people can't seem to just ignore the commie loving POS that is strangely allowed to stay alive here.

I would venture a guess most of them are due to the fact some people can't seem to just ignore the commie loving POS that is strangely allowed to stay alive here.

I agree there are some threads that have been so derailed they need to be shut but at least take a few seconds to say why. A few members here get but hurt quite easy and have to wonder if they are in metalworking at all but for the most part we can all take a little bashing.

I agree there are some threads that have been so derailed they need to be shut but at least take a few seconds to say why. A few members here get but hurt quite easy and have to wonder if they are in metalworking at all but for the most part we can all take a little bashing.

I don't think you need a reason to close a thread because it has become pretty obvious that they turned into a pissing match.

A little bashing is fine and dandy but someone who just hurls insults 90% of the time should not exist.

So, whose first post in a new thread included calling someone a commie?

And "should not exist"? Same words from the people who stormed the Capitol, yes?

We have a member who is pro communism and makes no bones about it, that makes him a commie, I think he would be proud to be called that.

What moderator is closing so many threads in this forum and not taking 30 seconds to put why? I just looked and on this first page alone there are 5 closed threads in the middle of actual decent discussions. Manufacturing of Covid vaccines seems to go along with "Manufacturing" yet it's closed with no reason.

Im quite sure it isn't Don locking them. He always post the reason even if its as simple as "meaningless title".

Who knows, but I seem to recall a new avatar (Gordon B. Clarke Banned).
Could be him?
fusker

This thread will be closing soon do to the hostility that is about to explode. :(

Geeshe,,, I miss the good ole days when you if you had a problem you skip outside the shop and went a round or two then a few beers later you’re both seeing eye to eye. Parking lot prayer meetings have saved me a lot of grief. I guess with the age of the internet people can't be held accountable.

Geeshe,,, I miss the good ole days when you if you had a problem you skip outside the shop and went a round or two then a few beers later you’re both seeing eye to eye. Parking lot prayer meetings have saved me a lot of grief. I guess with the age of the internet people can't be held accountable.

I am having a shawn thornton(Quiet Man) moment right now.

As I have said before I like debates and discussions on message boards but some people just get too bent out of shape over contents. The threads seem to turn political too easily and both sides seem to get heated real fast.

Q; [What moderator is closing so many threads in this forum and not taking 30 seconds to put why? ]

MOST CLOSED WERE CLOSED FOR GOING TO STUPID ARGMENT AND NAME CALLING THAT COULD NEVER END. IMHO

Agree the moderator might put in A short sentence to tell why.
The site is successful as a tool trades site.. Making it a Hen's Chatter site may be fun for a few, but could kill the site.

We have a member who is pro communism and makes no bones about it, that makes him a commie, I think he would be proud to be called that.

so democracy or a republic is about allowing different opinions and views. It appears anyone not sharing your view is cancelled because in your words they are a commie. So you are cancelling the very thought of our democracy, and you are the commie.

commie's like fighting to keep it to their view.
Commies are don't want anyone thinking outside of their view it upsets them.

So you are a commie DUALKIT

He (presuming EG) isn't pro-Communism. He's pro-the version of Totalitarianism/Dictatorship/Cult of Personality/Whatever that China's got going on.

China hasn't been textbook Communist for ages (and never really was), and it's time we learned the distinction. Just like Russia's not Communist, it's more a Kleptocracy (how much has Putty socked away? A lot...).

And the USA? G*d knows what we are now. There's the cult of "personality" for trump (who's now turned on Rudy. Who's next, his kids?), the feeble Democratic counter, and a bunch of angry people on both sides.

But one side is fomenting violent revolution - towards what, I don't know, as its basis is a basket of lies.

Hey, g-coder - hugs back at you (in a very manly way, of course).

The closings I think were a good move overall. Discussions cool off and will start back up again. Persons can make their views known. We are told we should be more civil and that is a reasonable request. Some even view that as a attempt to hinder free speech. Bottom line is these determinations are up to the owner.

Never should a thread be allowed to go on once the whole thing has hit bottom. Sometimes clear action is more than justified.

It is evident that Google for one has been actively working with China on monitoring and controlling content for some time. Remember the complaints back in the day when they were first engaged in a working relationship? Here we have candid discussions and they often drive into the ditch. Sometimes the vehicle is totaled and just scrap. Time for another means of transportation and more caution while driving mad. :)

A lot has been perfected by high tech in this area and I believe the news opinion media and social media are good examples of where bias takes place regularly. See the banning and the reactions today and it is clear that there is a lot of control and such going on. Things will change for better or worse and yet many feel and with good reasons that freedoms are eroding.

The closings I think were a good move overall. Discussions cool off and will start back up again. Persons can make their views known. We are told we should be more civil and that is a reasonable request. Some even view that as a attempt to hinder free speech. Bottom line is these determinations are up to the owner.

Never should a thread be allowed to go on once the whole thing has hit bottom. Sometimes clear action is more than justified.

It is evident that Google for one has been actively working with China on monitoring and controlling content for some time. Remember the complaints back in the day when they were first engaged in a working relationship? Here we have candid discussions and they often drive into the ditch. Sometimes the vehicle is totaled and just scrap. Time for another means of transportation and more caution while driving mad. :)

A lot has been perfected by high tech in this area and I believe the news opinion media and social media are good examples of where bias takes place regularly. See the banning and the reactions today and it is clear that there is a lot of control and such going on. Things will change for better or worse and yet many feel and with good reasons that freedoms are eroding.

yes, our freedoms are eroding, but there is sometimes good reason for it. The safety of our people. I am a former repub. I don't like donny.. most of my friends left because I refused to support donny, calling me a commie. Some have threatened to shoot me. So much for friendships. Good bye and f you.

the propaganda is so high. and people believe it. the insurrection was to create a dictatorship, they want to eliminate a vote because they believe the lies.

I don't like the loss of our freedoms, but you watch how the same people demanding the freedom are the same people abusing the freedom. Pushing lies as factual news is an opinion, not news. Actually not even an opinion, it's propaganda, same as we use during war time... now it's being used internally to get what people want.

Interesting that some of the people that started the rumor mill now regret it, because it got out of hand.

To the actual point of the thread - I think it's Hanermo who's Mod for this subforum, and overall I think he's been pretty lenient (which I appreciate).

But I agree it would be helpful to have a sentence about why a thread was closed.

yes, our freedoms are eroding, but there is sometimes good reason for it. The safety of our people. I am a former repub. I don't like donny.. most of my friends left because I refused to support donny, calling me a commie. Some have threatened to shoot me. So much for friendships. Good bye and f you.

the propaganda is so high. and people believe it. the insurrection was to create a dictatorship, they want to eliminate a vote because they believe the lies.

I don't like the loss of our freedoms, but you watch how the same people demanding the freedom are the same people abusing the freedom. Pushing lies as factual news is an opinion, not news. Actually not even an opinion, it's propaganda, same as we use during war time... now it's being used internally to get what people want.

Interesting that some of the people that started the rumor mill now regret it, because it got out of hand.

I am a believe that if you watch news from both sides with an open mind you can come to conclusion to what is fact and fiction but until the news sticks with just reporting it and showing the entire story without being biased people will not trust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back