What's new
What's new

A copy of forum rules from ownership. A reminder FYI

Spinit

Titanium
Although the administrators and moderators of Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.

Also besides the sites official rules which is posted first I will mention specifics discussed by members of our sub Forum.

Avoid extreme discussion of politics and political leaders that I will describe as right and left.

Avoid baiting of persons based upon some social justice issue on religion or race which the intent is obviously too out or proportion to our site and current world events. Before it crosses this point we want to be mindful to be honorable members. I call baiting a form of Buswacking as it is mostly a ambush mentality.

Avoid being verbally abusive to others where the degrading them takes place with persistent malicious intent. We have all seen this degrade a thread. Let’s be cautious when we talk about the issue of Race, American political figures, and similarly other such leaders in Europe and other parts of the world.

We can talk civily not allowing a shooting match over the issues.

I know they will be discussed yet not over board. I also know outright it is impossible not to discuss such figures and persons and so when it goes to a extreme then please be mindful to call it out and moderate your participation.

I promise that if I see something heading toward a Train wreck then I will close the thread. I do not want to let a thread die slowly when it has become malignant. I personally think if it makes too long a dieting noise then more damage is done to wait too long.

I promise to be fair. I hate to mention these things yet I am proud that PM members mentioned these important topic and areas of protest and offense. Let’s have as much Freedom as we can enjoy without encroaching upon our fellow PM members and those that wish to join us. Not banning anything except the extreme which will be check and checkmated by closing or deleting.

Thanks All,

Spinit

Let’s make this a effort where we can find the right mix here. This is a process. This is only a start though a informed one by posters in our forum.

3/15/19
From now on if anyone wants to talk about any post which is moderated just PM me and I will get back to you and discuss it. This forum needs some kind of continuing moderation and from now on I will discuss the why questions and appeals then. I am trying hard guys and will keep at it. Keep it on track for everyone.
Thanks,---Best Regards, ---Spinit

Last edited:

Back