What's new
What's new

Covid 19 Vaccine - Pro / Anti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limy Sami

Diamond
With todays announcement by Pfizer, and to my understanding from this forum etc etc, with vaccination being another not topic in the US I wondered who's pro and who's anti covid 19 vaccination

FTR I'm pro (and the sooner the better)

AKA bring on the shitstorm :D

I do not get the flu shot but I will get this one.
Unfortunately it looks like a year from now for regular people.

That is a longer time frame than we have been dealing with this.
I so want it to go away and only have to wear a mask when spraying Imron or have to wear gloves and stuff when worried about normal bloodborne pathogens.
I hope it is life immunity after the doses as I do so hate needles. Can't look with blood drawn, I pass out.

If workable how it gets paid for and are there have and have nots across the world population worries me.
The last thing we all need is a new class of privilege.
At this point I might see very serious money for some people and firms.
This a goldmine like no other in recent history. We will see about care for people and care for profits or stock price in drug companies.
Bob

My reasoning might sound naive, but I figure sleeping in the same bed and sharing a house, etc with my wife while she had it, I probably am not getting it. Or had a very mild case and beat it?

Pro. I get any that's doctor-recommended, though.

I'm not entirely pleased with the 90% efficacy they're claiming, but it's a lot better than what we have now (nothing).

While other vaccines have +/-90% efficacy, like MMR, they're also benefitting from herd immunity (except for the new age hippies in the Gwyneth Paltrow, magic crystal healing party crowds) and there aren't widespread outbreaks of M or M or R currently swarming the country.

90% is better than nothing, and so long as there is just as much reason to believe it's as safe as any other vaccine, I see no reason to avoid it.

I'm wary, but this is looking very good. I get a flu shot every year because there's no sensible reason not to and lots of reasons you should.

Allergic reactions certainly qualify as a sensible reason not too. My daughter is an RN and is required to get one and she gets sick every time from it. Sometimes mild, sometimes more so. I'd rather take my chances than guarantee I am getting sick from it (for some people).

I think it's great. I won't take it personally because I'm young and probably already had it (a day or two of headache, chills, and other aches after being exposed).

I think it's tragic when people start politicizing it. :skep:

My reasoning might sound naive, but I figure sleeping in the same bed and sharing a house, etc with my wife while she had it, I probably am not getting it. Or had a very mild case and beat it?
I think it's great. I won't take it personally because I'm young and probably already had it (a day or two of headache, chills, and other aches after being exposed).

I think it's tragic when people start politicizing it. :skep:

You can get it more than once, so it seems. With differing severity, at that.

I dunno how it works out with people passing it to their S.O. or not. I know guys that got it but their wife/gf didn't. We'd tease about "How much do you really love her if she didn't even catch the 'rona when you were sick?" but it did seem like a dice roll on who passed it to their significant other or not.

I sincerely doubt I will be anywhere near the front of the list on receiving a vax, so long as there are not reports of serious complications or zombie mutations I will most likely accept it when offered.

Anyone watching the new COV-2 genetic variant coming out of Denmark?

I sincerely doubt I will be anywhere near the front of the list on receiving a vax, so long as there are not reports of serious complications or zombie mutations I will most likely accept it when offered.

Anyone watching the new COV-2 genetic variant coming out of Denmark?

Did you say....ahhh.... Denmark? I haven't heard much from Denmark lately. LOL.

I don't understand how one would be anti vaccine as a concept. I think vaccines are not zero risk, so I would not criticize any individual for not taking it. There are of course idiot anti vax people but what can be done about that?

Do you really believe this, even 16 hours or waking and talking time?
Mask in my house, out in the woods in Michigan?
Will that be a new law?
Bob

Yup, seeing how the police force will be cut, there will be more funding (with live weapons) for the health department.
Snipers will root out all you "Typhoid Mary's".

I don't understand how one would be anti vaccine as a concept. I think vaccines are not zero risk, so I would not criticize any individual for not taking it. There are of course idiot anti vax people but what can be done about that?

Yabutt...Trumpski Developed it.

You can't trust DJT, never could, and never will....

Did you say....ahhh.... Denmark? I haven't heard much from Denmark lately. LOL.

It was passed from humans to mink, then back to humans, it changed genes in the spike protein, no idea yet how it will respond to current vaccines.
Denmark to cull up to 17 million mink amid coronavirus fears - BBC News

UK has banned travelers from Denmark
Coronavirus: UK bans Denmark visitors over mink Covid-19 fears - BBC News

A mutation found in Australia which may or may not be related to Denmark, IDK
World-first mutated strain of COVID-19 detected on Sofrana Surville ship off Queensland coast - ABC News

UK hospitals ordered to isolate patients with the new variant
Exclusive: 'Mink virus' alert as hospitals ordered to keep suspected cases in isolation

It was passed from humans to mink, then back to humans, it changed genes in the spike protein, no idea yet how it will respond to current vaccines.
Denmark to cull up to 17 million mink amid coronavirus fears - BBC News

UK has banned travelers from Denmark
Coronavirus: UK bans Denmark visitors over mink Covid-19 fears - BBC News

A mutation found in Australia which may or may not be related to Denmark, IDK
World-first mutated strain of COVID-19 detected on Sofrana Surville ship off Queensland coast - ABC News

UK hospitals ordered to isolate patients with the new variant
Exclusive: 'Mink virus' alert as hospitals ordered to keep suspected cases in isolation

Poeple doo very odd, strange things in Denmark.....:ack2:

For my own part, I'm leaning towards not getting it as soon as available.

1. I have no known major risk factors.
2. Nobody I live with has any major risk factors.
3. Due to the politicization of the whole issue and the "hurry up" development, my confidence in its safety and efficacy is lower than the annual flu shot or other scheduled vaccinations.

Maybe once it's just another strain in the immunization shot for the Influrona season down the road, but in 2020/2021? Not likely.

If others feel differently I have no grounds to tell them what they ought to do. I will continue to keep a respectful distance and avoid large crowds, suits me just fine anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back