What's new
What's new

Cutting back on Federal emergency business support? Why??

Milland

Diamond
It's not a shock that this administration hasn't handled Covid-19 well, but now they're cutting back on Federal funds meant for emergency business support:

Trump administration cuts off emergency Federal Reserve programs as coronavirus cases spike - CNN

So why is this? Is it under orders from djt, a continuation of his Scorched Earth policy as a result of losing the election??

"Bradley singled out the Main Street Lending program, which was designed to support small and medium-sized businesses and nonprofit organizations that were in sound financial condition before the Covid-19 pandemic but now lack access to credit on reasonable terms."

"Jaret Seiberg, an analyst at Cowen, said Mnuchin's decision "seems political."
"This appears to be a political move by Team Trump to limit what President-Elect Joe Biden can do next year to boost the economy, especially if Congress fails to pass a big stimulus," he wrote in a research note Thursday. He added, though, that there may be a way for the programs to continue."

More in the article itself. Curious what people think.

Just curious on why there is 455 Billion left. Is there to many hoops to go through to get some of it?

Just curious on why there is 455 Billion left. Is there to many hoops to go through to get some of it?

Likely, but I'd really like to know where ALL the money went. I've said this before, but we'll need a real audit of the funds spent - where did they go, did they go to "connected" companies and people, etc.

You can bet a lot of dirty folks got very wealthy from this, and it's us taxpayers who'll be paying for it.

From the article I also noted the sanctimonious "we can use it to bring down the deficit". Yeah, the deficit that you guys ballooned, mostly caused by the terrible handling of the pandemic and the economic collapse.

From: Fact check: Since 2017, national debt has risen but less than claimed

"Using Treasury Direct's data, from the time Trump took office in January 2017 through September of this year, the national debt rose from $19.9 trillion to $26.9 trillion, which is an increase of $7 trillion in Trump's first term."

Most up to date numbers I could find, but from ~20T to 27T in under four years. Nice fiscal responsibility, eh?

because they can.
That was the correct answer, I thought everyone knew that :)

As for shame, forget it. They have none. And no other human attributes, either. They are pieces of shit walking around in human disguise. A better why ? would be, why does anyone in the bureaucracy listen to them ? Who cares what they say, they're outta heah, just don't do it.

Maybe I've been in China too long, that's what we do :)

(btw, Mnuchin is a Goldman-Sachs alumnus. Par for the course. If Biden puts anyone who has been anywhere near goldman fucking sacks up for treasury, I'll apply to Canada for asylum.)

What's your point? We can't print money forever
Tell it to the fucking idiot Trump and the rest of the retardlicants with their moronic tax cuts. And the entire braindead Congress with your trillion dollars a year pissed away on the stupid incompetent army.

This concern for "fiscal responsibility" is a pitiful, hypocritical joke. Not a single goddamned one of them is concerned about the debt or the deficit when the money is going to them.

That bet's so bad it's not even worth putting money on.
I know. I live in fear. And Canada most likely won't take me :(

I could go for Stiglitz. Who's your choice ?

Tell it to the fucking idiot Trump and the rest of the retardlicants with their moronic tax cuts. And the entire braindead Congress with your trillion dollars a year pissed away on the stupid incompetent army.

This concern for "fiscal responsibility" is a pitiful, hypocritical joke. Not a single goddamned one of them is concerned about the debt or the deficit when the money is going to them.

Neither party wants to lower spending. They just vary where they want to waste it. Both however can agree on their solid gold toilets.

I know. I live in fear. And Canada most likely won't take me :(

I could go for Stiglitz. Who's your choice ?

My money is on the chicken.

Our last actual President (Obama) repatriated more illegal immigrants than his predecessors.

And who was Obama's VP?

Oh, and for your amusement:

James Gill: Which president deported more aliens, Trump or Obama? You might be surprised | Columnist James Gill | nola.com

Do you guys ever tire of being wrong?

You have jumped to conclusions friend.

I am an Independent and have no affiliation with the fools you choose to side with.

I merely state the obvious.

As for money, we have the Federal Reserve which has the full support of the US Military who will lay waste to anyone who threatens our money supply.

Just numbers in the checkbook my boy.

You will feel much better when you finally discover your vote means absolutely nothing.

But for now, waste your time and watch the blood pressure

But for people laid off by them:

12 Million To Lose Jobless Benefits The Day After Christmas Unless Congress Acts : NPR

I know some here will say "just find another job!", but it's not that easy.

What is easy (and incredibly cruel) is dicking with these vulnerable people because they can. I know this presidency has no shame, but:

SHAME!

I am sure some of those 12 million people could have found a job by now but collecting that nice unemployment check is easier and probably more than actually paycheck.

I am sure some of those 12 million people could have found a job by now but collecting that nice unemployment check is easier and probably more than actually paycheck.

The single dad in the story got less than $400/week. He was living in a shack with his four kids up until it got cold, and the only "happy" aspect is that a relative got some money together to help the guy.

Oh, I know - easy street. Who would leave that luxury life for something like "work"?

Yeah, that $160-$360 weekly check has most people buying steak and lobster.

Those are the actual unemployment benefits in the state of Michigan right now. A person making $60k/yr, or $1153/wk, gets an unemployment benefit of $360/wk. BALLIN!

And the funds that were cut, are there specifically for companies to stay open. You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but it was the PPP funds that were cut...just as we head in to virus numbers exploding. (and before you call it fake, I've got 10 people in my small circle of friends that are covid positive right now, one of them is on a vent)

Back