Cutting back on Federal emergency business support? Why?? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    If that doesn't sour Biden on Goldman-Sucks, we're doomed.
    There's a (small) chance that Biden could pull a "Nixon in China" and start to ween the Dems off Wall Street bucks. That would require an expansion of the "small donor" outreach, or a change to a flat, Federally-funded campaign costs limit.

Good luck on that with this Supreme Court, but it could happen if the two GA Senators wind up being Dems.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trump can now clear the decks for maximum retaliation against all his enemies....the damage he can do in ten weeks will be substantial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    Trump can now clear the decks for maximum retaliation against all his enemies....the damage he can do in ten weeks will be substantial.
    Unless the House and Senate grow a pair and remove him...

You're right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Why ? Why do dogs lick their balls ?

Because they can

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    The single dad in the story got less than $400/week. He was living in a shack with his four kids up until it got cold, and the only "happy" aspect is that a relative got some money together to help the guy.

Oh, I know - easy street. Who would leave that luxury life for something like "work"?
    I am sure some people didnít get all the benefits but there were people that got more money being unemployed. I know of a few people in Illinois that got more. Right now my company is struggling to find good people, we seem to be finding a large quantity of bottom feeders that rarely work a full week.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Yeah, that $160-$360 weekly check has most people buying steak and lobster.

Those are the actual unemployment benefits in the state of Michigan right now. A person making $60k/yr, or $1153/wk, gets an unemployment benefit of $360/wk. BALLIN!

And the funds that were cut, are there specifically for companies to stay open. You are welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but it was the PPP funds that were cut...just as we head in to virus numbers exploding. (and before you call it fake, I've got 10 people in my small circle of friends that are covid positive right now, one of them is on a vent)
    I donít have an answer for your state but I know some people in Illinois made more money that their actual paycheck. Lower income people hit the jackpot where others lost their job and struggle to find a job. Right now at my work place we are averaging about 15-20% call in every day. Some are child care issues and some are taking advantage of getting the 2 weeks paid leave for Covid. We had people take volunteer lay-off to get two week severance pay and unemployment. Filling in positions is hard yet I canít understand why people do not want to work.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seems small business support is cut,billions to financial houses is continued.

9. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    I donít have an answer for your state but I know some people in Illinois made more money that their actual paycheck. Lower income people hit the jackpot where others lost their job and struggle to find a job. Right now at my work place we are averaging about 15-20% call in every day. Some are child care issues and some are taking advantage of getting the 2 weeks paid leave for Covid. We had people take volunteer lay-off to get two week severance pay and unemployment. Filling in positions is hard yet I canít understand why people do not want to work.

Clearly you are talking about the $600 PDUFA funds that expired months ago. And yes, for people making under $15/hr, they got a raise.

For people making $60k/yr, they still only brought home 50% of their paycheck.

But ya know what people making under $15/hr do with money when they get it. They spend it. They pump it back in to the economy. Isn't that the point in stimulus?

But either way, this has zero bearing on cancelling the still available funds that are available only to small businesses.

11. Likes TeachMePlease, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But either way, this has zero bearing on cancelling the still available funds that are available only to small businesses.
    And cities. We wouldn't want them damn cities to be able to keep services running now, would we ?

So who's actually defunding the police ? AOC or the beloved Mr Trump ?

13. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

look at the bright side....trump may just end up disemboweling the republican party.

a case of the captain taking the ship down with him out of spite for the sea.

15. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    look at the bright side....trump may just end up disemboweling the republican party.

a case of the captain taking the ship down with him out of spite for the sea.
    I wish I was as optimistic as you, but I view the current Repub party as being more the iceberg than the ship.

17. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only thing I know for sure is that posts like this turn into a left handed circle jerk.

19. Likes Trueturning, DrHook, digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Deal View Post
    The only thing I know for sure is that posts like this turn into a left handed circle jerk.
    Thanks for the non-think contribution. Are you this useful in other endeavors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

''Cutting back on Federal emergency business support? Why??''

Because Trump ''knew'' not enough of it will come back to fund his fight to get the election results over turned.

22. Likes 72bwhite, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Reports indicate Trump has support from Republican senators for the action......so its not his own idea by any means.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Clearly you are talking about the $600 PDUFA funds that expired months ago. And yes, for people making under $15/hr, they got a raise.

For people making $60k/yr, they still only brought home 50% of their paycheck.

But ya know what people making under $15/hr do with money when they get it. They spend it. They pump it back in to the economy. Isn't that the point in stimulus?

I am all for helping the small businesses vs giving the big companies bailouts. If it were not for the small companies the large ones would not exist. As for the stimulus it would have been nice for my college kid get something.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

why ?
    Because it all went to the catholic church, our local philharmonic (got to keep the unionized moosictians employed & fed) Our zoo, and the "Erie Playhouse".

Restaurants are going bankrupt, bars too. Gym's & other places are gone forever too.

and the local school districts are filing to allow "above and beyond" tax increases of 3.5%
    for next year....even though they didn't provide any schooling services from Feb to july, and this years "schooling" is very limited.

should have gotten a 25% rebate for school taxes this year.....

26. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As for the stimulus it would have been nice for my college kid get something.
    Wasn't there a $1200 payout for most everybody ? I didn't sign up, but thought that if you could breathe, you could get a check.

You know, it would have cost a hell of a lot less if they'd said in April, "Okay everybody, stay home for three weeks. We're mailing everybody five hundred bucks a week to just stay in your house. Two meals a day, too. Amazon or the Post Office or UPS or Fedex will be delivering food, place your orders online. Rent and mortgages are both suspended for this month. We'll do this for three weeks then olly olly ox in free."

Makes too much sense, I guess

28. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I am all for helping the small businesses vs giving the big companies bailouts. If it were not for the small companies the large ones would not exist. As for the stimulus it would have been nice for my college kid get something.
    why ? Has he paid into the un-employment benefits system ?