Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    ''Cutting back on Federal emergency business support? Why??''

Because Trump ''knew'' not enough of it will come back to fund his fight to get the election results over turned.
    I subscribe to the WS Journal, The Financial Times, the Local Orange Ct. Register and four days a week-yes the beloved New York Times.

When I keep hearing how bad the NY Times was I though, maybe I should read it and see what's up. The writing is outstanding, in my opinion.

About 90 % of the opinion's I partially or totally disagree with. When Bernie got thrown under the bus in S. Carolina, I knew the fix was in.

I knew our President never had a chance. I voted for him, my wife went for Biden-because he was not holding his wife's hand coming off the plane.

So in my opinion, it was all about emotion. I may be wrong-it will take some time-but-I believe Trump will go down as one of the greats.

He lost, I'm disapointed, rest well and take a well deserved break... For me personally, he and his Treasury Secretary, did more for me and my

Company than anyone in my life, he gave us a signifant amount of money, to carry on and fight another day. Good luck getting anything from the

new administration...In any case, I have put it all aside. Now I don't watch Fox, News Max, CNN, none of it. When the papers come I just get to

Business news and leave the political propaganda in the trash. I'm convinced after seeing the fix, it's nothing I have a chance of changing and

instead of wasting time on news and politics, I read up on Tooling, my new CNC Machine, trying to learn CAD/CAM and all the really delightful

things that make up our wonderful world of machining, I recommend this approach to all our members, it's better time spent and leaves the politics

where they belong with who they belong and since I am not up on the news, I have less to argue about with my wife-my retired, die hard Democrat

Sister or anyone else...

2. Likes DrHook, Trueturning, Dupa3872 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Hobby View Post
    For me personally, he and his Treasury Secretary, did more for me and my

Company than anyone in my life, he gave us a signifant amount of money, to carry on and fight another day.
    he did no such thing, the US treasury, as authorized by both houses of congress did. He just signed it

It wasn't his idea
    It wasn't his plan

And now they are pulling it to be spiteful

4. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    I am sure some of those 12 million people could have found a job by now but collecting that nice unemployment check is easier and probably more than actually paycheck.
    Dont flaunt your ignorance. Our company is on the Workshare program. We work three days a week and get unemployment for the fourth. I get 178 dollars unemployment for the one day I do not work. Just a little over half of what I make when I work.

6. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Wasn't there a $1200 payout for most everybody ? I didn't sign up, but thought that if you could breathe, you could get a check.

You know, it would have cost a hell of a lot less if they'd said in April, "Okay everybody, stay home for three weeks. We're mailing everybody five hundred bucks a week to just stay in your house. Two meals a day, too. Amazon or the Post Office or UPS or Fedex will be delivering food, place your orders online. Rent and mortgages are both suspended for this month. We'll do this for three weeks then olly olly ox in free."

Makes too much sense, I guess
    My kid fell in the age bracket that made her ineligible for her to get anything. We got a little back from the school when it shut down and the kids went home. I wrote the difference of her loan about 2weeks before the schools shut down as a final payment. I got that money back yet I felt is was a fraction of the cost to go to the school. In the summer my took a on line class for 3 weeks that cost me $2700.00. Talk about being stunned when my kid tells me her class cost this amount and if she doesn’t take it in the summer she loses out on 3 credit from her first semester because this advanced class will no longer be offered at the school.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like extortion to me...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    Dont flaunt your ignorance. Our company is on the Workshare program. We work three days a week and get unemployment for the fourth. I get 178 dollars unemployment for the one day I do not work. Just a little over half of what I make when I work.

I personally know people who take advantage of the system that maintain low salary small enough where they can get help from the township to help pay their bills. If they make too much the lose out on their handouts. they know exactly how much they can make and still collect aid to help pay for their electricity or heating. If they make too much the township will not help pay their bills. And before you ask my wife worked for the township and a lot of the regulars have been coming back for aid for decades.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    he did no such thing, the US treasury, as authorized by both houses of congress did. He just signed it

It wasn't his idea
    It wasn't his plan

And now they are pulling it to be spiteful
    “He just signed it”

Totally undermines your stupid reasoning doesn’t it? It is right there he signed it and did not hold it up. Otherwise Congress would act or not act further.

Anything for a dig right?

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    I personally know people who take advantage of the system that maintain low salary small enough where they can get help from the township to help pay their bills.
    Jesus, Shawn. Just a few years ago Goldman-Sachs et al ran the whole damn world into the dumpster, trillions of dollars down the shitter, millions of lives upended, business gone bust, people homeless, but Jamie and Lloyd got their hundred-million dollar bonuses.

Did you storm the castle with a flaming pitchfork ?

Pissant little guys get $100 more a week on a once-in-a-century epidemic relief plan, which they immediately spend at the local grocery store or gas station, and you're all upset.

Do you live on Martha's Vineyard, or down under the bridge by the river with the rest of us ?

12. Likes JoeE. liked this post