What's new
What's new

Does Chinese custom parts have a future in American market?

Minya Parts

Plastic
We are Chinese custom machined parts manufactuer, at present we have 4 American customers. We expect to Developing American market, but it is so difficult...

What do americans think of China's machining products?

I understand that Chinese machined parts is low quality than Amaricance, but we are making rapid progress.

Thanks a lot for your comments!

(I am Chinese, please forgive my English level)

We are Chinese custom machined parts manufactuer, at present we have 4 American customers. We expect to Developing American market, but it is so difficult...

I understand that Chinese machined parts is low quality than Amaricance, but we are making rapid progress.

Best advice I can give is simple enough.

Make it the SOUTH "American market", much as China had done, Warring States period up to around AD 1420 or so.

Unpredictable Great Power politics issues can be more challenging than technology, costs, or quality ones.

I would never source anything to China. For those who I know personally over the years who have, the complaints are poor communication and quality. The poor communication is obvious, people from China even trying to get work from the RFQ section here. Very poor English to the point of nonsensical babble. If you are trying to get work from English speakers hire someone who speaks and writes decent English! The quality control in some Chinese shops is beyond pathetic. I have seen parts with broken taps protruding from holes. You see crap you would never see from the worst of shops in the USA.

The best advice I can give is start again and don't sell your product. Read posts and if you can offer help or answer questions then that is the way to go.

Quality has been an issue in the past, but Chinese quality is getting much better. The big issue is transportation costs and language. These trade issues are real. The competition base between the two countries is not equal and until they are, trade volume will never be high. I define the competition base to mean comparable material, energy and transportation expenses being equal.

Quality has been an issue in the past, but Chinese quality is getting much better. The big issue is transportation costs and language. These trade issues are real. The competition base between the two countries is not equal and until they are, trade volume will never be high. I define the competition base to mean comparable material, energy and transportation expenses being equal.

China for years has been the country used by many to buy cheap. Those tend to be the same that have never learned, "If you're lucky you get what you pay for, rarely more".

Fortunately not always true but shouldn't be forgotten.

How 'Made In China' Became Cool

I bought a Chinese made cylinder head for my old Ford pickup(diesel).....The machining was top level,fit was perfect,there was not a single fault anywhere ,tapped holes were stud or clearance,interference fits were perfect.Cast surfaces were smoother than the genuine Ford part.The whole lot cost US$250,plus freight.

I bought a Chinese made cylinder head for my old Ford pickup(diesel).....The machining was top level,fit was perfect,there was not a single fault anywhere ,tapped holes were stud or clearance,interference fits were perfect.Cast surfaces were smoother than the genuine Ford part.The whole lot cost US$250,plus freight.

Have you confirmed alloy and heat treatment? Machining is "fungible", good tooling and programming will yield good parts, but materials and H/T is more subject to variance.

Nope.none of the above.....however that was over a year ago,no issues,valve clearances havent changed, and at 1/10 of OEM price,Im willing to take the risk of "fungability".Even if I knew what it was..And they included a free head gasket,cause they were worried that I'd reuse the old one.Head gasket alone was $200 here...And for another $100 they included gaskets, new valves ,cam,bolts,seals ,injector washers,etc,no extra freight cost.

Nope.none of the above.....however that was over a year ago,no issues,valve clearances havent changed, and at 1/10 of OEM price,Im willing to take the risk of "fungability".Even if I knew what it was..And they included a free head gasket,cause they were worried that I'd reuse the old one.Head gasket alone was $200 here...And for another $100 they included gaskets, new valves ,cam,bolts,seals ,injector washers,etc,no extra freight cost.

Thanks for confusing the issue at hand. I feel sorry that parts are so expensive in the land of OZ. I am very happy you were so lucky, because you were lucky. Many Chinese products are very good with high quality in both material and manufacture. Unfortunately, much of what comes out of China is not high quality or accurately made. The result is that every purchase in China has an element of risk which must be evaluated and compared to gains against a locally made equivalent. This perceived value must be also evaluated in light of the zero support for spare parts or factory support in the future. The concept of follow-on support for their manufactured products does not exist anywhere in China.

I believe the OP asked for opinions on Chinese machined products.Now ,if you do not think my reply was germane to the subject ,then I fear it is too late to withdraw my comments.....I may just go for a drive in my part Chinese Ford.....Surprisingly,Ford have a number of factories in China,as do I suspect Daimler Benz and Volkswagen...

Unfortunately, much of what comes out of China is not high quality or accurately made. The result is that every purchase in China has an element of risk which must be evaluated and compared to gains against a locally made equivalent. This perceived value must be also evaluated in light of the zero support for spare parts or factory support in the future. The concept of follow-on support for their manufactured products does not exist anywhere in China.

I am old enough to remember when it didn't exist in "West German" nor "Occupied Japan" goods, either. You think Americans didn't ALSO know how to build JUNK and rip OURSELVES off? That the Germans, Austrians, French, English, Italians, Spanish,.....Swiss - or Chinese - never screwed their fellow countrymen? Get real!

And then? .. It came to pass that German and Japanese goods were about as high as to quality as such things got.

That was some years ago, of course.

Greed, "Gastarbeiter", taxation, Unions, "offshoring", global sourcing", "factories in many countries", "strategic partnerships", simple market pressures - did I mention "greed"?

Who knows?

But now I have this little problem.

Unfortunately, much of what comes out of Europe, Asia, or the Americas is not high quality or accurately made. The result is that every purchase in the whole world has an element of risk which must be evaluated and compared to gains against a locally made equivalent. This perceived value must be also evaluated in light of the zero support for spare parts or factory support in the future. The concept of follow-on support for their manufactured products does not exist anywhere at an affordable cost.

Globalization, y'see. Disposables mentality. "Not our problem." "Our fee is.." "Plus travel..." "No longer a supported model.."

Greed is impartial in mercantilism even when humans are not. T'was EVER thus.

Caveat Emptor did not originate in Latin. It has been successively translated since Mama Dinosaurs were trying to keep their offspring out of deep s**t.

:)

Thanks for confusing the issue at hand. I feel sorry that parts are so expensive in the land of OZ. I am very happy you were so lucky, because you were lucky. Many Chinese products are very good with high quality in both material and manufacture. Unfortunately, much of what comes out of China is not high quality or accurately made. The result is that every purchase in China has an element of risk which must be evaluated and compared to gains against a locally made equivalent. This perceived value must be also evaluated in light of the zero support for spare parts or factory support in the future. The concept of follow-on support for their manufactured products does not exist anywhere in China.

I think you'll find most of the time that "much of what comes out of China is not high quality or accurately made." is because those that experience that are out to get as cheap as possible.

Companies with names they want to protect can't go down that road. It's a open highway to all others. This doesn't just apply to China. Seems as if many still don't know how many quality brands are either made or partly made in China.

It's more often than not a question of who buys. The person that'll be using or the purchaser looking for "cheap". Pay a fair price and there is rarely a problem.

Throughout Asia,there is an ancient tradition of greedy middlemen,who know or care nothing about the product,but are rich from buying for bottom dollar and selling for top dollar.Their skill is in paying bribes and knowing the right officials.India is the worst place for this,the country produces quality product ,but is only known for the garbage that is exported.China is eliminating this problem ,one bullet at a time. In India ,its part of the political system,which thrives on bribery and corruption,and being rich is a socially desirable activity

Throughout Asia,there is an ancient tradition of greedy middlemen,who know or care nothing about the product,but are rich from buying for bottom dollar and selling for top dollar.Their skill is in paying bribes and knowing the right officials.India is the worst place for this,the country produces quality product ,but is only known for the garbage that is exported.China is eliminating this problem ,one bullet at a time. In India ,its part of the political system,which thrives on bribery and corruption,and being rich is a socially desirable activity

China is not "eliminating" it. They are only able to reduce the extremes of the REST of the lot by the odd severe example.

All the world has the problem. Some places just take it for granted more comfortably than others.

I mean - which is "worse"? The Philippines or Ukraine? Brazil or Argentina? Indonesia or India? London or Paris? Chicago or New York? Rome or Shanghai? Moscow or Cairo? Riyadh or Teheran?

They all have "people" in them, yah?

:)

I think a lot of Americans think most of your product that comes out of China is junk but this is the way or manufacturing today. The quality is not there because the market has changed from dependable and quality to fast and cheap.

I think a lot of Americans think most of your product that comes out of China is junk but this is the way or manufacturing today. The quality is not there because the market has changed from dependable and quality to fast and cheap.

Now you've got me wondering why the USA imports so much from China. Who knowingly buys junk?

If I was so poor that I had no option then "yes" but surely that isn't the case?

Why the U.S.-China trade deficit is so huge: Here’s all the stuff America imports - MarketWatch

China: EU's largest partner for imports - Product - Eurostat

Now you've got me wondering why the USA imports so much from China. Who knowingly buys junk?

If I was so poor that I had no option then "yes" but surely that isn't the case?

Why the U.S.-China trade deficit is so huge: Here’s all the stuff America imports - MarketWatch

China: EU's largest partner for imports - Product - Eurostat

I don't think people would buy junk knowingly but the marked is flooded with so much merchandise a lot of people do now know what is really cheap crap from the quality merchandise.

I buy a new water sprayer nearly every year because the previous one seems to crack or a part falls off them. These are junk sprayers yet I keep buying a new one every year. Now I could use the one I have had for 40 years which is nearly indestructible but that is limited to what I want to use. I like the water sprayers with a long extension on them. I have yet to find one that last more than 2 years. The sad thing today is the hardware stores don't sell good ones anymore. My best bet is to find one at an estate sale or garage sale.

Back