What's new

Drone attack

• Thread starter otrlt
  • Start date
  • Replies 575
  • Views 44,608
O

otrlt

This event (drone attack), will supply the fuel to to push the NYSE over 32,500 within the next 30 days.

No one is on board, looks like a major bullish uptrend is forming.

corrected nyc123,

Do you understand now, or do want me to paint a picture.

How about a friendly wager on this? An EASY over/under in 30 days. I take the under for 100.00

Steve

I only wager a 1000.00 minimum, and I will not wager on line.

Steve, are you sure you want to gamble on gambling?

Mm Price per barbell is likely to increas3. With oil out of US reserve it will take time to get moving to where it needs to go. The whole time Saudi can be under threat of attack again. Iran has clearly been implicated also.

I doubt there will be a breakout of military conflict even so. Unless something else might happen.

corrected nyc123,

Do you understand now, or do want me to paint a picture.

u mad bro?

No, but seriously, I had no idea. S&P isn't anywhere near 32500, and I wasn't sure if you were talking about another index. I guess you're talking about the DOW? Usually people specify the index, since the NYSE is just an exchange.

Mm Price per barbell is likely to increas3. With oil out of US reserve it will take time to get moving to where it needs to go. The whole time Saudi can be under threat of attack again. Iran has clearly been implicated also.

I doubt there will be a breakout of military conflict even so. Unless something else might happen.
Iran has been implicated eh? You might want to think about that for a minute.

No one has offered any proof of Iran's involvement. We have only Mike Pompeo's assertion that they were involved. He declined to say anything further on the subject.

So, who done it? Some folks think the Houthis might have pulled it off on their own. Maybe they bought drones, or were gifted drones by Iran. Heck, we sell and give away arms to irresponsible folks the world over. So what if Iran did?

What I really hope is that the US isn't behind the attack, but I can see one scenario that makes sense: Mike Pompeo maybe likes Iran for the culprit because Donald Trump told him that's who he should like. Trump has been angling to get us into a war for some time now. First, Venezuela, now Iran. So, maybe he authorized a covert op, blew up the Saudi's refineries and hung it on Iran. In a few days they'll find a piece of an Iranian drone or some such thing. Then, it's off to war. Trump's polling will get a boost and his fawning supporters will double-down on his candidacy.

Hey, it's just a theory.

All of that to say this - don't count on Iran being at fault.

Cheers,

C. PEGUY

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

This is from an analyst in the middle east:

Yemen's adventurous multi drone attacks on the largest Saudi oil fields two days ago was a successful mission, the result of which curtailed Saudi oil production by 7 million barrels a day. This in turn will have a palpable effect on the global oil market exchange when they open their doors on Monday morning.

Questions are being raised as to the US's real ability to protect its client Saudi Arabia, as they've been contacted and paid handsomely by Saudi to do just that and failed BIGLY two days ago. How did a cluster of Yemeni drones traveling a distance of some 600+ miles from Yemen go all that distance undetected by the US Patriot system and its radars: a defensive system that was sold to Saudi Arabia and is run by American military technicians? Boggles the mind. Those 'cave-dwelling Yemenis', as Saudis call them, surely must dwell in some magnificently advanced hi-tech caves!

This massively significant operation did not only require sophisticated, hi-tech drones, but also apparently, as told yesterday by the Houthi military spokesperson, Yehya Srie, it also required an intensely deep and complex intelligence operation. In his press delivery yesterday, Srie also thanked, without naming names, "Saudi activists inside of Saudi Arabia for their cooperation and assistance in making this important mission possible and successful". Wow! For the first time, we're hearing of real collusion between the Houthis and the home-bound Saudi dissidents. Wow now THAT is some indicator of the 'confidence' that these saudi dissidents now have (no doubt some of them royal and with access, directly or indirectly, to intelligence material). This is the Saudi opposition's FIRST outing, albiet veiled. This is incredible progress for them and their cause.

I could link you to hundreds of articles on this Yemeni drone strike on Saudi oil fields and NONE of them would have mentioned Mr. Srei's thank you list. I know that he thanked Saudi dissidents because yesterday I watched him live on TV giving his statements on the event.

The Axis of Evil nations are stunned today. Pompeo is refusing to accept that the attack drones came from Yemen, and instead he believes they were sent by Iran. (He too believes that Houthis are "cave-dwellers" with only sticks and stones in hand). It's ALL Iran's fault, right?! LOL! The US is now furthermore accusing Iran of having bombed Saudi Arabia over 100 times: practically all the Houthi strikes on Saudi Arabia Pompeo now believes have originated from Iran cuz you know, it's gotta be the Iranians because the Houthis are "cave dwelling" barefooted idiots lol! Way to cover your incompetent ass, Pompy!

But seriously, we have to ask the question here: did the US 'allow' for this attack to take place against the saudis oil market as a booster-maneuver for US oil and shale? Or, is the American Patriot surface-to-air missile system truly a lemon? A sour-faced lemon.

Let's wait and see how the global oil market reacts tomorrow.

But the exciting takeaway from this story is that saudi dissidents have now obviously collected themselves and organized into a single offensive underground movement, without getting their heads chopped off by MBS in the process.

Hands down, Saudi Arabia is the most dangerous place in the world for political dissenters. It's a marvel therefore when Saudi dissidents can operate at this level of rebellion from within Saudi Arabia.

Saudi and Iran aren't exactly friendly towards each other. Religious differences.

Would Iran be mad enough to attack Saudi Arabia? I doubt it as there would be nothing to gain.

It seems to get forgotten that Bin Laden was a Saudi so part of Saudi Arabia is an American ally (!) and part most certainly isn't.

If the USA intervenes on behalf of Saudi (according to Trump the US is "locked and loaded" I sure as hell hope all other countries have the sense to stay well away from what would only become a disaster. Iran isn't an isolated country in the Middle East. There are countries that would side with Iran.

If Yemen used drones supplied by Iran (sold?) then is the USA responsible when other countries use US supplied (sold) weapons to attack other countries? Saudi Arabia is a major customer for US weapons.

US arms sold to Saudi Arabia and UAE end up in wrong hands

US Senate allows arms sales to Saudi Arabia, sustaining Trump vetoes

Those drones could have been hauled in close with only a few trucks. The Saudi activists could have just allowed those trucks through a checkpoint or two.

Eventually the US was able to determine the individual makers of IEDs used in Iraq and Afghanistan. Spec Op teams and Hellfires took many of them out. I suspect that expertise will be brought to bear on these drones.

He's hiding in the bathroom again with a bottle of Scotch ?

He says he doesn't drink yet knows that American wine is better than French. Does US wine smell like pussy?

I'd better add that we do buy US wine now and then but which country makes the best wine? I've no idea and what's good to one person isn't necessarily as good to another and doesn't always have much to do with country of origin.

This event (drone attack), will supply the fuel to to push the NYSE over 32,500 within the next 30 days.

No one is on board, looks like a major bullish uptrend is forming.

I was taking apart the DJI chart over the last week or so to sus out where we are at.
I found this sideways trade has been going on long enough that I was not finding confirmation of the old bull trend from 2009 offering reliable control on price.
This relatively short term bull seemed the most useful chart I was finding and I started to take it apart to see if a entry was apparent.

Looking for the bear thesis- a 'H&S' with topping on this last rally was a possible short entry- I was finger on the button late Friday but didn't want to carry the position through the weekend:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 6.49.09 AM.jpg

The gap down over the weekend makes the pattern seem valid but.... we have to see if a short term decline continues then watch that control on bottom line for price action before we are happy about a real failure...

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 7.03.42 AM.jpg

We rally over that pattern suggestion and I am looking at that channel top line to short.

But a sudden rally over these bumps against 27k...
Sure- could happen but 5300 points in a month..............
Take it apart for us- why is the drone attack going to cause a rally?

Back