Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    I have been forced to look beyond the mainstream news sources for factual info. I especially like to get info from as close to where the story is as possible, local sources if you will. Smaller localized sources might not be owned by the 6 or 7 major corporations that own most of the media (TV, print, publishing and movies)

Good point about dialog cooling things in Korea. DPRK now having nukes could have cooled some aggressive behavior on our side as well.
    Rob I know you like to just bring things to the discussion and I will say I never would have come across those rifles. To a machinist I can appreciate what kind of work went into that.

I tend to discount these types of Shite fighters aligned with Iran and Iran also. Yet I have to remember there may be better ways of handling problems as these people have families and the same basic human needs. Most anyone out there will be the underdog as far as the US is concerned. We actually believe in peace through strength and it is easy in war to get sidetracked.

There comes a time when we must walk away if we do not wish to go to the terrible lengths to win a war. Police action has always been joked about I remember first about Vietnam. You do not push that with the neighborhood fellow who came back they took offense and said it was a war.

Keep finding things like this they can add to the discussion quite a bit. It is appreciated.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    We actually believe in peace through strength ...
    You're right, that's what you believe and that's the problem. The fact that you're the biggest bully in the world imposing your version of "peace" on everyone else via "strength" aka bombs and missiles, doesn't work.

This is essentially the Mafia approach to civilization.

Go back home and mind your own beeswax.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    You're right, that's what you believe and that's the problem. The fact that you're the biggest bully in the world imposing your version of "peace" on everyone else via "strength" aka bombs and missiles, doesn't work.

This is essentially the Mafia approach to civilization.

Go back home and mind your own beeswax.
    I congratulate you on a civil post without the terrible names and seat cushions. See Iam thinking of the error of my ways and wondering if I might even grow into this kind of viewpoint maybe not as graphic as you though.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    You're right, that's what you believe and that's the problem.

Goldshit,

You are one of the wack-jobs that are posting extreme language into our discussion. You are no longer to be taken seriously, as far as I am concerned.

good night.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The person who wrote that is an American, over there. Why do you think it is Hezbollah propaganda instead of just anti war?
    I gather they are more sympathetic with the Palestinians and Hamas.
    I really don't care if he's a martian. It's Hezbollah propaganda. As is the rest of his blog.

I'm not telling you what to post. I am asking if you think that it's appropriate for this board. Somehow I can't imagine Milacron created this site for that purpose.

But I guess since we have gone back to an un-moderated subforum, knock yourself out.

Post to your hearts content, this is the last I will say about it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Calming music for the Great Goldstein. Steins to Goldstein I say and his dog Franko named after a dictator the US never liked. A fitting and loyal pet!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff8N2iC4oB8

Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Calming music for the Great Goldstein. Steins to Goldstein I say and his dog Franko named after a dictator the US never liked. A fitting and loyal pet!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff8N2iC4oB8

All this silliness regarding Manny,

I don't think his dog is named Paco, it is more likely Mao.

This tune may be more in tune with the dialogue.
    YouTube

Steve

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal View Post
    All this silliness regarding Manny,

I don't think his dog is named Paco, it is more likely Mao.

This tune may be more in tune with the dialogue.
    YouTube

Steve
    Or just plain Mao. He gets a bit cranky yet I do like him.

He is smart and cunning. He knows a lot about China which is neat.

He is rather a aginner but that is ok there are a lot of those here who are against type people.

I can not keep up with his history lessons. He is persistent though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Rob, do you really think it's appropriate to post Hezbollah propaganda on this board?
    Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I really don't care if he's a martian. It's Hezbollah propaganda. As is the rest of his blog.
    Isreal and Saudi Arabia are both pretty active militarily outside of their borders. They might be the only ones doing things that could be considered agression, Turkey could be an aggressor also.

From what I understand about the houthis and hezbollah is neither of them wants war, houthis have repeatedly tried for truces and ceasefires. Hezbollah also is wanting peace. So to answer your question, anyone who wants peace deserves to be heard be they are american, hamas, martian, houthi or even your dreaded helzbollah....
    One thing USA does not like about these groups is they have enough power to have peace more on equal terms, USA (and SA& Isreal) like to be the only one with any say in things.
    Who did Yemen attack?
    Who did Lebanon attack?
    Nobody so why are they being attacked.
    Syria? Libya? Iran? list goes on and on.

Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob,

You might check the FACTS about a few of those places and organizations. Not their propaganda.

Steve

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think people have admitted mistakes the thing about that is they are savaged mercilessly afterward and so they stay quiet. Interesting on the ratings thing. Who makes the call on who was right? Can it be overturned upon review and new information or God forbid something out of a real book?
    I can think of two right now that haven't admitted anything. Another ignores any questions about where their info comes from. There's nothing wrong with being wrong - we all do it.

The moderator would make that call. When something is fact and not up for interpretation, it should be pretty straightforward. I'm only talking about things that are undeniable truths.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rob I know you like to just bring things to the discussion and I will say I never would have come across those rifles. To a machinist I can appreciate what kind of work went into that.

I tend to discount these types of Shite fighters aligned with Iran and Iran also.
    Here is a US ARMY OFFICER take on Iran:
    Danny Sjursen is a U.S. Army officer and a contributor to the Future of Freedom Foundation . He served combat tours with reconnaissance units in Iraq and Afghanistan and later taught history at his alma mater, West Point.

Part 1 was posted before the drone attack. He does a little history.

Insane and Ill-Advised: Trump’s Future War with Iran, Part 1 – The Future of Freedom Foundation
    Insane and Ill-Advised: Trump’s Future War with Iran, Part 2 – The Future of Freedom Foundation

13. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    I can think of two right now that haven't admitted anything.
    If you're still on the "overseas yuan" fixation, I just gave up trying to talk sense into you. Sometimes people have their little quirks and you just have to live with that.

I can mention tho that one of the "experts" routinely quoted and interviewed by these places was Chris Devonshire-Ellis. He was forever giving speeches and addressing AmCham and had a "big" law firm with a website and all that crap. He was the very essence of expert (and BHL.)

That was until he made the mistake of claiming that he had a meeting with a real finance minister. I think the subject was even the exchange rate ...

Anyway, about two days after his revelations, whatever the bureau is that he'd claimed to meet with put up a signed statement by that minister that he'd never even heard of Devonshire-Ellis, much less had a meeting with him. And by the way, Mr Devonshire-Ellis was invited by people in uniforms to leave the country within 24 hours. He then disappeared, much to the amusement of many people who knew what a fraud he was. Got his JD in a box of crackerjack, as they say.

I think he was finally allowed back, ten years later. There's a new generation of expats who don't know the story. Quite possibly he is one of your quoted "experts"

The people who actually make these decisions are really careful to keep the whole thing a mystery. That site of yours and their unattributed claims that "experts" say this and "experts" say that ... in reality, that's a no.

And HK is not the government of China, by the way.

So now I wasted ten minutes going into this again, and you won't believe it anyway. Oh well. Better than eating a box of fig newtons, at least arguing with you isn't fattening.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
    In the true sense of the word, a "treaty" is approved by the legislature.
    It's even one step more limited than that. President and the Senate, not even the House. There was some ruckus over that in ... 1796 or something ? It was the Jay Treaty.

Anyway, was decided long ago.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is a US ARMY OFFICER take on Iran:
    Danny Sjursen is a U.S. Army officer and a contributor to the Future of Freedom Foundation . He served combat tours with reconnaissance units in Iraq and Afghanistan and later taught history at his alma mater, West Point.

Part 1 was posted before the drone attack. He does a little history.

Insane and Ill-Advised: Trump’s Future War with Iran, Part 1 – The Future of Freedom Foundation
    Insane and Ill-Advised: Trump’s Future War with Iran, Part 2 – The Future of Freedom Foundation
    This fellow is a good writer and smart for his focus which is hard core anti war. His eval on Iran is ok yet there is not really a good accounting of the actual things Iran has been involved with that has effected the world and the US. The writing does not mention balanced grievances and is not required to be more balanced.

I find when some writer is that focused they bring out good information and yet it is exhausting to read something so singularly one minded or one track.

Please do not misunderstand the viewpoint is readable yet the fact not much considerate review takes place establishing events where there are appropriate and valid complaints about Iran. We know that Iran has called for the destruction of Israel as a obvious example. Also it has called for the destruction of the US ahas it not. There have been calls by the US and others for Iran to stop supporting terrorism and also there is a call for Iran not to make Nuclear weapons either.

The fact is that now with this missile strike we are right back on the problem with the leadership in Iran supporting these things most likely. Details and proof need to be complete and forthcoming soon.

This fellow is a good writer. He does rail a lot when he could focus more on his points yet he likely feels that his spirited writing enhances his point. That is a practical view and his choice. For me it just kind of seems like if we left things up to these fellows we could really with great abandon ignore credible threats to our right to exist.

There must be a strong military in the view of the US. A soldier who is anti war likely will see no threat while on guard duty should he be so naive.

That is sort of the best example of what might be called also a denial or a tunnel vision where the obvious rocks are just under the water and must be avoided. It can be ignored to our peril.

It is fine to have this viewpoint and to a extent it has value yet so does Vigilance against valid threats as we all agree it is a very dangerous world and no one wants to have soldiers tromping through the property either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Yes the plot thickens. Sad that military intervention is a foregone conclusion already. I have not seen that mood being the case. Besides there would be a very extensive disruption in the area if done. Preventing new attacks by word and deed is more rational.

BTW thanks for everyone being helpful to a log out problem I was having. One tip helped me solve a simple problem. There was no cause due to our community site.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    If BJ says it then it must be true LOL

20. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But one big part- the US can seize Iran’s crude production as a means of payment for intervening.

Would we have to share it with the Brits?..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    I've seen several people now on this board get called out on BS. I haven't seen a single one say "you're right - I was wrong about that". If it were up to me, there'd be a tally near their name for times they were called out on BS. Suggest it to the moderator for review, present evidence, and boom - you're now a labeled and known liar. So much BS floating around the internet
    Wow, what a democratic suggestion - NOT

Being "called out on BS" is an accusation, not a conviction.

And on more than a few occasions when someone has "called out on BS" on me I've answered with a well documented reply that included many links to documents by government and international bodies that proved my case.

So In effect I "called out on BS" the person who "called out on BS" on me in a more polite manner, without actually calling them a liar. No apologies or admission of error received so how would you score that? Add a 1 to the "liar" column for both parties or just credit the one who called out first, like a game show?

I always understood these exchanges on PM to be DISCUSSIONS, not the Scopes Monkey Trial. I am personally uncomfortable with those who seek to control, limit, or censor viewpoints as opposed to refuting them with arguments of your own.

"Any man who is more right than his neighbours constitutes a majority of one."
     — Henry David Thoreau

"…the smaller the number of individuals composing a majority, and the smaller the compass within which they are placed, the more easily will they concert and execute their plans of oppression. Extend the sphere, and you take in a greater variety of parties and interests; you make it less probable that a majority of the whole will have a common motive to invade the rights of other citizens.”
     —from the Federalist Papers

23. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post