Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Drone attack

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Beijing showed its willingness to use it's monopoly power on rare earths back in 2010, and that message was not lost to other nations.
    But Trump pulled these 25% tariffs out his ass and that message will be lost to other nations ? You think the rest of the world is stoopid ?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    But Trump pulled these 25% tariffs out his ass and that message will be lost to other nations ? You think the rest of the world is stoopid ?
    Sounds like whataboutism to me.

The point was this was tried, Japan diversified. It did not throw Japan way off into never never land.

So are you now agreeing this is the case?

Whether or not tariffs have damaged trust in agreements with the US or not is separate. If you're going to say that - fine. But at least first make it clear whether or not you are now admitting it didn't work. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you on that point, although I'd say it really didn't matter beforehand because I'm sure there are more than enough examples of both the US or other parties breaking treaties in this way. US probably didn't live up to several agreements in the past, and as far as other countries, China's a good example actually. It's pointed out now only because it's a president who does things regardless of what his party or others like; the people in congress are not angels with perfect track records by far.

Also, it's "stupid", not "stoopid". It's also "nuclear", not "nukular".

3. Likes camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Otrit- my mood is still sour so my bear sentiment lives but....

I have spent a long study of the long charts and think we might have a slightly better chance of breakout to topside from this two years consolidation when that move occurs.
    I am slightly hedged bull with positions in oil services- waiting to see direction for another position in the Dow futures and watching Brent closely which is STILL trying test of support at ~$58 level...