The effect of Taxation on American High tech by France of three percent - Page 10
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    DO you just enjoy a circular non argument?

Thermite questioned where the poster got their information
    I was not questioning thermite's post, I was questioning yours.

You said he (thermite) "pooh pooh'ed another poster's sources, rather than addressing the "facts".

See that word in your post #139? sources? That was your post, right?

But the other poster didn't cite any sources, and you can't direct me to them so I can read them for myself- because we both know they don't exist.

No circularity here, just your repeated attempts at deflecting my question.

Thermite questioned where the poster got their information
    Yes, he did. He asked what the poster was relying on for his information.

A reasonable question, since no sources were provided.

trump will not be winning any electoral landslide
    I was not making a prediction. It was an "If then" statement wrt the percentage of black Trump supporters and how they affect the electoral college results in swing states.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    ??? can i have some too?

regardless of what side you are on, THAT happened.
    You ain't yet seen the real downside, though.

DJT has manipulated the pity-me tribes to set-up a fully furnished flat in each of their own heads.

He then LIVES in their heads, displacing all other sane thought.

When he leaves office, what does he do? He reverts to form.

A real estate slumlord.

Be afraid. He'll be renting-out all those millions of flats-in-your-head .. to other tenants.

That may show that contracting TDS is worse than Ebola Zaire?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    ...Republicans have made an art out of the dog whistle. High enough pitched so only the base can hear it.
    It's odd. For years I have been hearing from liberals how republicans speak in codes that only racists can hear.

The odd part is only democrats seem to hear it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    ...DJT has manipulated the pity-me tribes to set-up a fully furnished flat in each of their own heads.

He then LIVES in their heads, displacing all other sane thought.
    Lol. I'm pretty sure those apartments were vacant when Trump moved in...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Lol. I'm pretty sure those apartments were vacant when Trump moved in...
    Not necessarily vacant. Some of the damndest garbidge had accumulated.

"TDS" is actually a part of the renewable & recyclable initiative.

Garbidge in, hatred out.. But the hatred don't have any MASS to it. Sorta like anti-gravity.

Selling points?

Conscripting OTHERS to run their TDS projects keep the flies off MY watermelon and reduces the load on the nation's landfills.

At least until they bust a gut or a blood-vessel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    Funny you say that when it's the Democrats who have been unable to accept the results of an electoral vote and calling for an end to the Electoral college because it prevents California and New York from dictating where the rest of the nation has to be drug on their psychotic, degenerate whims.

Hell I remember Hillary talking about how nobody could hack the elections to make her win, then suddenly after she loses it's full on THE RUSSIANS ARE FALLING! THE RUSSIANS ARE FALLING! For the last 3 years.
    baloney

the Democrats have accepted the results of the election, unlike trumpski, who made it clear he would not if he lost

There is a long conversation possible about the electoral college, you do not seem to have the ability to do so

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

telling people to go back to where they came from is racist
    how so? Its certainly disrespectful, impolite mean and nasty...to start with. I haven't been following this very closely and you know I'm hardly a Trump fan, but I'd like to understand why its being called racist. Can we start with a good definition of what a racist is, what the word means?

Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know their are plenty of old farts here, for the younger folks. This line about going back to where you came from is really nothing new. In the 1960's I remember plenty of bumper stickers "America love or leave it" The political climate even reminds you of 1968.

Most presidents are polished turds, this time around we just got a turd. The crudeness and cheapness is what is the big turn off. Any number of Elephants could have done as much or likely much more without starting a shit storm every other Tuesday. The fringe element on both end of the political spectrum are fired up like we haven't seen in 50 years. These are the times when we see violent clashes and, throwing gas on the fire is only going to worsen the issue.

A lot of folks here say the US is the US and we should ignore the rest of the world. Any leader would look after their own interest first and foremost. While that is true, the US IS the dominate country in the world and how we interact with other countries matter. It matters a lot and we have done very poorly in this administration. Like it or not the rest of the world looks at our actions, good and bad. We have a real credibility problem with friends and foes alike. That is a dangerous place to be in the modern world, we can't just lock the doors and not answer the phone.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not necessarily vacant. Some of the damndest garbidge had accumulated.

"TDS" is actually a part of the renewable & recyclable initiative.

Garbidge in, hatred out.. But the hatred don't have any MASS to it. Sorta like anti-gravity.

Selling points?

Conscripting OTHERS to run their TDS projects keep the flies off MY watermelon and reduces the load on the nation's landfills.

At least until they bust a gut or a blood-vessel...

You're getting a lot of miles out of the TDS thing, aren't you?

Despite what you might be thinking, it isn't clever.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Can we start with a good definition of what a racist is, what the word means?
    Well THERE you have it. DNA-wise, ne'r mind some interesting ancestral hook-ups, only ONE "race" of mankind is still meandering about, above ground and for not less than ten thousand years, if not around triple that.

So.... if you want to "play the race card?"

For openers, you would have to be a denier that humans are humans.... regardless of anodizing, plating, other surface-finish, bearing size, mounting tabs, or heelbone shape departures from tolerance off a blueprint lost in the general clutter of an overworked design office a Very Long Time Ago.

Which denial, would perhaps make one a "rascist"?

Not surprisingly, only a fool would open that door into our OWN vulnerabilities and nasty past behavior record. "We" actually have come a loong way to asiding all that as unhelpful baggage.

Not that there is any shortage of fools who'd like to turn the clock back for lack of any merit to the REST of their message. If any.

But fools is what they are.

Now.. Lions vs Tigers, Eagles vs Owls, Chimpanzees vs Organgutans, or Bonobos vs Gorillas?

I'd suggest best to just not Go There! Might catch a disease. Or become lunch. Yah can take polyamory only so far ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal View Post
    I know their are plenty of old farts here, for the younger folks. This line about going back to where you came from is really nothing new. In the 1960's I remember plenty of bumper stickers "America love or leave it" The political climate even reminds you of 1968.

Most presidents are polished turds, this time around we just got a turd. The crudeness and cheapness is what is the big turn off. Any number of Elephants could have done as much or likely much more without starting a shit storm every other Tuesday. The fringe element on both end of the political spectrum are fired up like we haven't seen in 50 years. These are the times when we see violent clashes and, throwing gas on the fire is only going to worsen the issue.

A lot of folks here say the US is the US and we should ignore the rest of the world. Any leader would look after their own interest first and foremost. While that is true, the US IS the dominate country in the world and how we interact with other countries matter. It matters a lot and we have done very poorly in this administration. Like it or not the rest of the world looks at our actions, good and bad. We have a real credibility problem with friends and foes alike. That is a dangerous place to be in the modern world, we can't just lock the doors and not answer the phone.

Steve
    And the liberals are saints... Go make chips.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bucktruck View Post
    You're getting a lot of miles out of the TDS thing, aren't you?

Despite what you might be thinking, it isn't clever.
    Me? I'm just a spectator to the comedy of wingeing over self-inflicted injury.

Sort like tattooing "I am a loser" - permanent-like - right on yer own forehead.

then grumbling because it was written in plain language that others can easily read.

At a distance, even.

"Clever"? It doesn't have to be any more "clever" than mold on bread to guide a choice of what's wholesome or risky for human consumption.

Woodland Hills, Ca. and some times Hutchinson, Ks.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by drom68 View Post
    Never said that or even implied it, you only see black or white.

Steve

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by drom68 View Post
    REAL "liberals" might indeed approach sainthood. If they haven't gone extinct?

Haven't SEEN even a reasonable facsimile thereof in Yew_Ass politics since Tip O'Neill departed congress. And he could be a bit of a snake...

The term you are looking for is "looter", "parasite", "passenger" or "bystander" - depending on degree of greed.

The Other People's Money entitlement-chasers intent on voting themselves an easier life than they are able to earn on their own skill and effort. "Free stuff" IOW. Romney actually got that bit right. Too bad about the rest of his schtick..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

REAL "liberals" might indeed approach sainthood. If they haven't gone extinct?
    Of course they are not extinct, I doubt there are many Americans who aren't, by and large. They just don't know it due to the (usually insightful) continuous misuse of the word

16. Likes iwananew10K liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Me? I'm just a spectator to the comedy of wingeing over self-inflicted injury.

Sort like tattooing "I am a loser" - permanent-like - right on yer own forehead.

then grumbling because it was written in plain language that others can easily read.

At a distance, even.

"Clever"? It doesn't have to be any more "clever" than mold on bread to guide a choice of what's wholesome or risky for human consumption.
    If you had the ability to communicate in coherent sentences, you could pass for the new Gordon.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bucktruck View Post
    If you had the ability to communicate in coherent sentences, you could pass for the new Gordon.
    Yah but.. you have just illustrated WHY the whole mess is entertaining.

Case in point: Hilary describing Trump supporters as "deplorables". The implication being that HER supporters were better-educated, and higher-up on the bell-curve of intelligence, if not also wisdom and the ability to make better judgement-calls. She/hers should "run the world", not he/his.

But she had that wisdom and judgement part exactly backwards, didn't she?

It still is!

Nought to do with how "good" DJT is. But how useless, dangerous, or BOTH the alternative is.

"The Squad" is but the band-aid atop the rot. The gangrene infection runs waaay deeper.

Look at the calibre of what is on-stage for the primary debates. Or a Speaker of the House who no longer IS. Broke the rules. Left the floor. Was "taken down" for it. Clawed her way back.. but to WHAT? "Bottom" to the squad's "top"?

That these are the best they have.... is a tragedy for their side.

And not-only. In a country that only HAS two political parties that matter? We are best-served if BOTH are reliably useful to their constituents. Not just one. The other.

Or NEITHER.

And yet...

"In the land of the blind...."

QED

PS: You want to see a REAL balls up? What d'you suppose would happen if DJT also ran as.. a Centrist "reformer" .. Democratic Party?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"The Squad" is but the band-aid atop the rot. The gangrene infection runs waaay deeper.
    I would argue "The Squad" is a blessing from god himself....Or herself....Or is it...Itself...at this point?

The amount of damage they have done to their party makes my heart pound with excitement. Although I could never know for sure, I would imagine it's close to the feeling that a middle age, overweight, short haired woman reading a racy romance novel while eating bon-bons feels. If they keep it up, I may ruin my panties.

They expose in plain English much of agenda that was once but a smoke screen of confusing political jargon.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Mcgraw View Post
    I would argue "The Squad" is a blessing from god himself....Or herself....Or is it...Itself...at this point?
    Dunno about "this point".. but the original term was "Elohim". Original meaning "they, Gods". Basically a gender-neutral committee. Or a DNA bio lab "team"? Or a "squad"?

Monotheism seems to have only come onto the scene (Hindus having given it a miss... bigtime) about when an election was rigged.

Foreign influence. mayhap? You think Mueller took a long time to resear....

"The more things change..."

Pesky humans!

No wonder machines want to eradicate the unpredictable buggers.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bill:- Speak English boy! You are sounding more and more like Norman Atkinson and he's dead.

22. Likes Mcgyver, bucktruck liked this post