The effect of Taxation on American High tech by France of three percent - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is not, in this particular case, about overall taxation but who is paying them

Imagine, if you will, a world where everyone with actual money keeps it in Bimini, who is it, exactly, that you expect will be paying the taxes?

As far as tax vs spend, there are no people here who actually propose spending less, no matter their pretensions. You will find they just want to spend money on different things

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    It is not, in this particular case, about overall taxation but who is paying them

Imagine, if you will, a world where everyone with actual money keeps it in Bimini, who is it, exactly, that you expect will be paying the taxes?

As far as tax vs spend, there are no people here who actually propose spending less, no matter their pretensions. You will find they just want to spend money on different things
    I hear you.

I don't really blame businesses for finding ways to avoid paying taxes. Is there greed, yes and another subject.

I do all that I can, legally, to reduce my taxes! And I bet just about everyone here does. Why would I want to pay into an overblown and wasteful system? Do you?

When you file taxes, do you find ways to pay more? Should a business even those like Amazon, Apple and others do so just because they are big money makers?

Maybe a poll should be started: Who would freely give up their money, personal and business, to fund government's (any government) wasteful spending.

The issue of who is paying taxes is a result of the bigger picture of Taxes, which is a result of wasteful spending.

Stop blaming big business for not wanting to pay taxes, unless you go to your accountant and ask them to look for ways for you to pay more taxes every year.

EDIT:
    - Who is more greedy: Governments or Big Business?
    - Why do accountants exist? Is it because people want to pay more taxes to the government?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thermite speculatively called into question another posters sources without actually addressing any issues

typical when one does not have an argument
    Yes, I understood that's what you were saying. My question was, what sources were thermite calling into question? I looked back- I didn't see any sources.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Yes, I understood that's what you were saying. My question was, what sources were thermite calling into question? I looked back- I didn't see any sources.
    Look up speculatively in the dictionary

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by drom68 View Post
    I hear you.

I don't really blame businesses for finding ways to avoid paying taxes. Is there greed, yes and another subject.

I do all that I can, legally, to reduce my taxes! And I bet just about everyone here does. Why would I want to pay into an overblown and wasteful system? Do you?

When you file taxes, do you find ways to pay more? Should a business even those like Amazon, Apple and others do so just because they are big money makers?

Maybe a poll should be started: Who would freely give up their money, personal and business, to fund government's (any government) wasteful spending.

The issue of who is paying taxes is a result of the bigger picture of Taxes, which is a result of wasteful spending.

Stop blaming big business for not wanting to pay taxes, unless you go to your accountant and ask them to look for ways for you to pay more taxes every year.

EDIT:
    - Who is more greedy: Governments or Big Business?
    - Why do accountants exist? Is it because people want to pay more taxes to the government?
    this is not the point, it is that when technology and business change, the gov't needs to change to keep up.

For instance, Google is based in Bimini but builds a server farm next door to you.

They pay high power lobbyists to get a new utility right of way in front of your house with a 10 foot diameter pole blocking your front door. They have industrial electricity rates dropped below cost. Get their property taxes dropped to zero. Yet they only employ six people and all their profits are 'generated' in Bimini.

Who is paying the taxes now?

Amazon builds a distribution center next door, with a brandy new highway built to their front door, paid with gov't funds.

They employ three hundred minimum wage droids but all the profits are generated in Bimini. Who pays the taxes

You are not benefiting from the things that the highly lobbied gov't is doing, yet you will pay for them.

Corporations are the biggest recipients of welfare, yet yuo keep saying they should not pay taxes

pretty silly

6. Likes Mark Rand, hanermo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Look up speculatively in the dictionary
    I don't need to, I know what the word means.

You said "...sure pooh pooh someone elses sources without actually addressing the facts"

If there was a source hidden somewhere in all the race baiting, I missed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't need to, I know what the word means.

You said "...sure pooh pooh someone elses sources without actually addressing the facts"

If there was a source hidden somewhere in all the race baiting, I missed it.

Because you are willfully ignorant

>>Jim? Whatever.. you are relying on for your alleged information?

I probably read a high multiple of FOREIGN newsfeed of alone.
    Several times a day. Every day of the year. And that's just the offshore ones....<<<

you just cannot read

trumpski is the race baiter, telling people to go back to where they came from is racist

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

trumpski is the race baiter, telling people to go back to where they came from is racist
    I say that about those damn Californians moving here as do many in Washington and Oregon. Is it racist to say it to a white person, or as usual there can never be such as thing to whites?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    I say that about those damn Californians moving here as do many in Washington and Oregon. Is it racist to say it to a white person, or as usual there can never be such as thing to whites?
    depends

do you mean it to be racist?

trumpski means it to be racist because it attracts stupid people from everywhere

11. Likes Gobo, bucktruck liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As racist as one who hates morons who destroy their state then move on to infect others by voting the same practices in to place like a parasite that has to kill it's host to continue it's life cycle.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So? Your telling the same damned lie over and over may not be "rascist".

Just silly. That's annoying primarily because you don't seem to realize it is silly.

This.. is core to DJT's success. Cheep entertainment..

More and more very ordinary folks have come to enjoy watching those with TDS wind themselves up into a local mini-tornado - waiting for their heads to explode from out-of-control blood pressure and acid build-up.

"Carry on!"

It's funny as Hell!

Even if you don't LIKE Trump AT ALL.. but are mature enough to not burst a blood vessel about that - nor drink of the looter-of-the-cycle's looney-toonz Kool-aid - because of being too pissed-off with TDS to recognize a far worse danger.!

Seriously..

Just call an anti-Trump rally in the middle of the Arctic ocean, uniform of the day, rubber sandals and a light coat of oil, no boats, no floats, no air-sea rescue. Just the media.

There would be attendees come to freeze and drown naked and oily, so long as "on-camera".

Just to put it on the record they had "stood up to Trump!" - if only for a few seconds.

Did I forget to mention "silly"?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Because you are willfully ignorant

>>Jim? Whatever.. you are relying on for your alleged information?

I probably read a high multiple of FOREIGN newsfeed of alone.
    Several times a day. Every day of the year. And that's just the offshore ones....<<<

you just cannot read

So the "sources" you say thermite was ignoring are the voices in the other poster's head?

That's all you got?

Pretty sure Trump would have said the same thing to anyone who talks about the US the way AOC and her "squad" do. If he's shown us anything, it's that he is an equal opportunity counter-puncher.

The real issue for democrats is Trump's approval rating among blacks, which has been hovering around 16-17%. That's an existential threat at the national level, and they know it. Even with 90%+, democrats have lost 3 of the past 5 presidential elections.

Trump won with 8% of the black vote. 12% would move every swing state to the red column, and Trump wins an electoral landslide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So the "sources" you say thermite was ignoring are the voices in the other poster's head?

That's all you got?

Pretty sure Trump would have said the same thing to anyone who talks about the US the way AOC and her "squad" do. If he's shown us anything, it's that he is an equal opportunity counter-puncher.

The real issue for democrats is Trump's approval rating among blacks, which has been hovering around 16-17%. That's an existential threat at the national level, and they know it. Even with 90%+, democrats have lost 3 of the past 5 presidential elections.

Trump won with 8% of the black vote. 12% would move every swing state to the red column, and Trump wins an electoral landslide.
    DO you just enjoy a circular non argument?

Thermite questioned where the poster got their information

full stop

without question

trump will not be winning any electoral landslide

but you will support him blindly, no matter what racist thing he says even when he refuses to accept the results of an electoral loss, which he said he would not last time

End of the Republic, who cares, as long as the other side doesn't win

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=thermite;3385852Not [I]focused[/I] enough to class as a "racist".

Republicans have made an art out of the dog whistle. High enough pitched so only the base
    can hear it. The recent events in the white house have lowered the pitch considerably, so everyone
    can hear it. No need for 'focus.' He's a diffuse, constant misogynistic racist. This has always
    been obvious, from before he was pretending to be president.

His sensible handlers have all been fired, this man is now open-loop racism.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

trump will not be winning any electoral landslide

but you will support him blindly, no matter what racist thing he says even when he refuses to accept the results of an electoral loss, which he said he would not last time

End of the Republic, who cares, as long as the other side doesn't win
    Funny you say that when it's the Democrats who have been unable to accept the results of an electoral vote and calling for an end to the Electoral college because it prevents California and New York from dictating where the rest of the nation has to be drug on their psychotic, degenerate whims.

Hell I remember Hillary talking about how nobody could hack the elections to make her win, then suddenly after she loses it's full on THE RUSSIANS ARE FALLING! THE RUSSIANS ARE FALLING! For the last 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

was never about hacking the election.
    the hacking occurred in voters heads via endless BS and propaganda slung all over social media...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3386253]
    Quote Originally Posted by thermite;3385852Not [I
    focused[/I] enough to class as a "racist".

Republicans have made an art out of the dog whistle. High enough pitched so only the base
    can hear it. The recent events in the white house have lowered the pitch considerably, so everyone
    can hear it. No need for 'focus.' He's a diffuse, constant misogynistic racist. This has always
    been obvious, from before he was pretending to be president.

His sensible handlers have all been fired, this man is now open-loop racism.
    LOL! Abrasive, arseholic NewYawkah, surely. Racist? Not really. He's too greedy for minority support, and he has been GETTING that.

G'wan.. make a spectacle of yerself. Enjoy the "TDS stroganoff" in public 'til either yer big head or yer little-head explodes!

Better-yet? BOTH!

Haven't had a show this amazing since Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey ceased touring.

Gotta love it!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    was never about hacking the election.
    the hacking occurred in voters heads via endless BS and propaganda slung all over social media...
    OHHH like with the propaganda poured out by the VAST majority of left falling ( lets not kid ourselves, you can only lean so far before you fall over) media constantly non-stop? And what's your retort? Fox? the lone devil to the media world according to liberals.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    And what's your retort? Fox? the lone devil to the media world according to liberals.
    "Funny you should mention Fox..." They've pissed-off DJT. More than once. He's thrown hissy-fits over it. Could it be... they have given face-time even to his enemies?

But let's say they are "biased". Let's even say "everybody KNOWS that!'

What, then, d'you make out of the statistics that show them so much more widely watched?

2018 Ratings: Fox News Is the Most-Watched Network on Cable for the Third Straight Year | TVNewser

Oh.. surely. The "real voters" don't watch the news. Not even that of their own TDS nutcase siblings.

Besides.. CNN's numbers are understated ... Each viewer should count as 20 or 30.

One TV covers multiple voters when positioned in the day room of a psych ward, after all...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

??? can i have some too?

regardless of what side you are on, THAT happened.