What's new
What's new

Effectiveness of Covid vaccines from around the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milland

Diamond
The Chinese vaccine from Sinovac seems to have lower effectiveness than originally claimed, at around 50%. This is close to being considered "ineffective" by medical standards:

China's Sinovac vaccine trial results far less effective than initially claimed in Brazil - CNN

Another CN jab from Sinopharm (would a cold medicine be SinoSino?) seems better at nearly 80%, but along with the AstraZeneca product being 70%, it shows there's a large disparity to the two American (yes, one is really German) shots which are about 95% effective.

If I were advising Biden, I'd suggest that there be a way to (with appropriate quality control) "lease" the formulas to other countries/companies for broad-scale production.

The "brew" is likely replicable by most modern production facilities, which means manufacture of the best vaccines could be massively increased, giving a chance at faster treatments around the world.

I suspect the biggest stumbling blocks would be the refrigeration requirements during production and distribution, including the lab-lines themselves. So that might mean the Moderna vaccine takes priority, as its formulation allows it to work at "higher cold" temps.

Yes, there's doubtless protected technology and financial reward issues that would need to be factored in, but this is literally a world-wide crisis, and I think such things could be worked out after the fact if needed.

But what a way to repair some of the loss of status we've suffered in the last four years. If nothing else, the diplomatic value is incalculable. And that's soft power, don't knock how much it matters in global negotiations.

does the vaccine protect you from getting infected?
no.
does the vaccine avoid being infectious?
no.
does the vaccine enhance your chances of survival?
out of 20,000 people vaccinated, the group being not representative for the population, 3 died.
out of the control group, also 20,000, 1 died.
and that is why pfizer claims over 75 % efficacy .......

I have no patience for vaccine deniers. Did you know anyone with polio?

I did, and do. I don't need some know-nothing anti-vaxxer pissing on my Cornflakes, thanks.

Welcome to my kill file.

I did, and do. I don't need some know-nothing anti-vaxxer pissing on my Cornflakes, thanks.

Welcome to my kill file.

You're like a drug addict who always needs a fix.

You seem to have this need to always be engaged in these arguments. None of which can be won, none of which can be solved, none of which will gain any ground. You enjoy the hateful arguments to your core.

You have a problem, and I can only imagine what it's like to be around you in real life. You are poison.

Sometimes I will watch MSNBC/CNN for fun. One thing the leftist media outlets all have in common is misery. Always miserable faces, never smiles.

I would say I feel bad for you, but I don't.

Welcome to my kill file.

The above post is not "anti vax".... they are simply showing that this vax isn't working.

"Welcome to my kill file" are you making a list of people your gonna kill ?
And publicly stating such ?

The above post is not "anti vax".... they are simply showing that this vax isn't working.

He shows no such thing. Only his willful ignorance, which he's welcome to. But I will not waste any further time with it.

"Welcome to my kill file" are you making a list of people your gonna kill ?
And publicly stating such ?

Just got onto the Internet this week, Grandpa? Have a youngster explain it to you...

Welcome to my kill file.

Does someone need a hug? :)

The Chinese vaccine from Sinovac seems to have lower effectiveness than originally claimed, at around 50%. This is close to being considered "ineffective" by medical standards:
Bolsonaro's numbers, not substantiated by other trials. What they are telling people here is 80% or better. And they aren't promising "You won't get it !" but saying "If you do get it, should be much milder and should not be fatal. That's what large-scale testing has demonstrated." Pretty upfront about claims.

Choose your sources more wisely, perhaps.

Welcome to my kill file.

Oh boy, someone turned over the Queen Of Diamonds.

Simply put, without a majority of people taking the vaccine, there is no way out from covid hell.

I consider myself to be incredibly blessed and lucky to have had both Pfizer shots. Everyone I know has been clamouring for the jab. My Mom notes that this is exactly how people felt in the 1950’s as polio epidemics were rampant and a vaccine offered hope. So please take the shot as soon as you can.

About effectiveness- you are much less likely to get covid if immunized. Fact. You are much less likely to die of covid if you are one of the few that still gets covid after the shot. Fact. It probably is true that the few that still get covid (tiny minority) after a jab are infectious, but if everyone is immunized you are much less likely to transmit or receive covid. Fact.

Immunization is our way out of this nightmare. Please take advantage of the fact that they are available now for some and very soon for everyone.

L7

I feel confident that the vaccine(s) that are currently being made (just table logistical issues of distribution for now.) are effective to what degree? Well leave that to the satiations for now. The corona family of viruses has been around for a while and we have developed vaccines for them before.
The part of this entire debacle that bothers me most is when you look at the viral particle it self it has elements of SARS, bird flu and some other viruses. Was Covid-19 engineered and released intentionally or a natural mutation?
Think about the timing of this cluster fuck and all the political turmoil happening, some countries having such low numbers (If you believe them.) as if they already had a vaccine for the "Important people". Countries like China and North Korea with terrible human rights records, could release it with no regard for their population. They have to to claim "We didn't do it see our people are dying to."
I am not a conspiracy theorist but does make one think.
NOT really sure what I am getting here so take it how ya like, just saying.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back