Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1596
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No offense 'crickets' but the authors bio made me laugh....."Dan Kanninen has spent more than 15 years in influential positions at all levels of government and politics, including senior positions in the Environmental Protection Agency and the 2008 and 2012 Obama, 2016 Clinton, and 2020 Bloomberg presidential campaigns."

2. Likes DrHook liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    No offense 'crickets' but the authors bio made me laugh....."Dan Kanninen has spent more than 15 years in influential positions at all levels of government and politics, including senior positions in the Environmental Protection Agency and the 2008 and 2012 Obama, 2016 Clinton, and 2020 Bloomberg presidential campaigns."
    Yeah, can't trust those government slugs.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crickets View Post
    Yeah, can't trust those government slugs.
    Just taking into account who the author get's his pay check from.....ZETA "National policies to support 100% electric vehicle sales."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So maybe you expected him to be a coal lobbyist like the people who spoon feed you your news?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    So maybe you expected him to be a coal lobbyist like the people who spoon feed you your news?
    Don't be a dork. Fact is the author of that article has a job to sell EVs same as the guy who's job it is to paint the coal industry in a favorable light. Or the same as the people who do web work for HAAS.....Haas Automation Inc. - CNC Machine Tools

Anway....Call me skeptical when it comes to fluff pieces--the one about being caught on I95 is a fluff piece from a person who works for company that is paid by the EV industry.

But anyway---You have an EV so feel free to give us a road test rundown.

7. Likes TeachMePlease, DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tesla package is NOT waterproof. go to 4 mins in in this video:

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tomjelly View Post
    Pretty sure Tesla doesn't make a claim it's waterproof. It's sufficiently sealed to be safe in normal wet conditions. People who went submarining did so at their own risk. Now having plenty experience with underwater stuff, I will say that even gear that is actually certified to say 10bar needs to be serviced and retested periodically to ensure it's still up to spec.

10. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tomjelly View Post

That's like sinking a Corvette and claiming they're not waterproof.

No duh?

12. Likes jaguar36 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't be a dork. Fact is the author of that article has a job to sell EVs same as the guy who's job it is to paint the coal industry in a favorable light. Or the same as the people who do web work for HAAS.....Haas Automation Inc. - CNC Machine Tools

Anway....Call me skeptical when it comes to fluff pieces--the one about being caught on I95 is a fluff piece from a person who works for company that is paid by the EV industry.

But anyway---You have an EV so feel free to give us a road test rundown.
    It is actually a response to a really stupid editorial in the WaPo, not just a fluff piece.

your continued lack of a point is duly noted.

He related his experience where the reactionary columnist[which you would know if you read the article] speculatively posited false claims

See it would be very easy for you to actually read, then criticize the article. But you do not have an actual factual point so instead you simply denigrate the author with no point

DO you understand the difference?

It is called having a point

If, like the bobblehead he was responding to, he had started out with 'If I had and electric car things would have been so much better' Well, then crap all over him.

If his pro EV bias caused him to make factual errors, by all means call him in it.

But, alas, you

AS usual

have
    no
    pont

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crickets View Post
    I've seen some pieces of Munro's work, including tear downs, interviews, rants and even one with Elon himself. I can't quite stand the guy, he is clearly losing it to the age.

Fair enough that Sandy is getting on in age - he's about 20 years past the time when most people retire. That said, he's been a huge asset to manufacturing in this country. He's a brilliant manufacturing engineer and an insightful and occasionally hilarious speaker on design for manufacturing topics. His company has done - still does - great work for clients.

Used to be that clients would hire Munro & Associates to learn best practices in manufacturing. The original Tesla teardown was paid for by a bunch of hedge fund types hoping to short the company. That kind of sums up the arc of finance and manufacturing in this company. Post-WWII - investing to design and build better products. Beginning maybe around the 1980's - "investing" in phantom financial schemes to tear up or short companies.

Sandy sometimes can have a opinionated way of speaking. Far as I can tell he developed that in dealing with C-level execs who never wanted a "maybe" or a "could be" for an answer when faced with uncertainty. In my experience, more often than not, he's been right.

15. Likes crickets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I want one of these it was so cool. Seems that it is owned by...
    Wet Nellie - Wikipedia

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is actually a response to a really stupid editorial in the WaPo, not just a fluff piece.

your continued lack of a point is duly noted.

He related his experience where the reactionary columnist[which you would know if you read the article] speculatively posited false claims

See it would be very easy for you to actually read, then criticize the article. But you do not have an actual factual point so instead you simply denigrate the author with no point

DO you understand the difference?

It is called having a point

If, like the bobblehead he was responding to, he had started out with 'If I had and electric car things would have been so much better' Well, then crap all over him.

If his pro EV bias caused him to make factual errors, by all means call him in it.

But, alas, you

AS usual

have
    no
    pont
    It's an article from an organization supported by the EV industry. The piece will get picked up by any number of news agregators and in your world will become a story of epic significance.

It's a fluff piece and has little value, which makes it the equal of the "stupid editorial" in WaPo.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Fair enough that Sandy is getting on in age - he's about 20 years past the time when most people retire. That said, he's been a huge asset to manufacturing in this country. He's a brilliant manufacturing engineer and an insightful and occasionally hilarious speaker on design for manufacturing topics. His company has done - still does - great work for clients.

Used to be that clients would hire Munro & Associates to learn best practices in manufacturing. The original Tesla teardown was paid for by a bunch of hedge fund types hoping to short the company. That kind of sums up the arc of finance and manufacturing in this company. Post-WWII - investing to design and build better products. Beginning maybe around the 1980's - "investing" in phantom financial schemes to tear up or short companies.

Sandy sometimes can have a opinionated way of speaking. Far as I can tell he developed that in dealing with C-level execs who never wanted a "maybe" or a "could be" for an answer when faced with uncertainty. In my experience, more often than not, he's been right.
    Use to follow a program called "Autoline After Hours". Five or more years ago Munro was a regular along with guys like Bob Lutz and others. They all had ties to the inner workings of auto manufacturing and that alone added much substance to the conversations. They all still showed some excitement when innovative breakthroughs were occuring.

Best to look at the services Munro's company offers in regard to the technology gained in tearing down, costing, and technical analysis. Reason being--once a manufacturer puts the product on the market, and whatever secrets they managed to keep in house will be out there and in the hands of those willing to pay and will no longer remain secret.

Some pretty good stuff back in the day on Autoline given outsiders a glimpse of how auto manufacturing really works. Expect Munro has some really great "war stories" about the winners and losers of auto manufacturing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

. . . Expect Munro has some really great "war stories" about the winners and losers of auto manufacturing.
    More than just autos - all manner of stuff from appliances to golf carts and satellite systems. We met maybe 45 years ago when we were both speakers at a "Manufacturing Leadership Summit" and a dozen programs after. Back when 35mm slides were how presentations were made. We then worked on a few projects together. Sandy used to have me (and most everyone else) in stitches with stories of stupid manufacturing mistakes. On the project front, he and his team would figure out how to make a better product at some fraction of the cost.

IMO, he's a national manufacturing treasure.

20. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's an article from an organization supported by the EV industry. The piece will get picked up by any number of news agregators and in your world will become a story of epic significance.

It's a fluff piece and has little value, which makes it the equal of the "stupid editorial" in WaPo.
    It is , by all evidence, a factual telling.

Your attempt to discredit the author failed

Because you have no point

Did he exaggerate?

Lie?

Obfuscate?

REad the article and make a judgement, then express that judgement

But you cannot

because you simply do not know anything

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is , by all evidence, a factual telling.

Your attempt to discredit the author failed

Because you have no point

Did he exaggerate?

Lie?

Obfuscate?

REad the article and make a judgement, then express that judgement

But you cannot

because you simply do not know anything
    Well there you have it....I know nothing. You know everything. Impasse.

Enjoy your evening.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    More than just autos - all manner of stuff from appliances to golf carts and satellite systems. We met maybe 45 years ago when we were both speakers at a "Manufacturing Leadership Summit" and a dozen programs after. Back when 35mm slides were how presentations were made. We then worked on a few projects together. Sandy used to have me (and most everyone else) in stitches with stories of stupid manufacturing mistakes. On the project front, he and his team would figure out how to make a better product at some fraction of the cost.

IMO, he's a national manufacturing treasure.
    Am sure it still goes on, but there was a time when a man like Munro was very successful not only because of the skill sets he advertised and was well known for, but for all the times his name was referred to some executive who needed to have his ass saved over some internal foul up--- and no one ever knew about it. Of course I'm guessing those services did not come free.

Going to have to re-watch some of his older youtube stuff and compare comments on EVs from 5 or 6 years ago and see how things compare now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did he exaggerate?
    Nahh. Not for a New York minute!

The traffic disaster on I-95 was precipitated by icy conditions and exacerbated by poor management, not EVs. And let’s not forget that pollution from gas-powered vehicles is intensifying all this extreme weather, too. So in fact, if everyone regularly drove EVs instead of gas-powered vehicles, perhaps we would have mitigated the severity of this debacle in the first place.
    Read: If everyone drove EV-s, there would be no snow, ice, traffic jams and, most certainly no incompetent government officials!

25. Likes standardparts liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If everyone had dogsleds pulled by huskys ,there would be no problem either....but they dont!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourDumore View Post
    Nahh. Not for a New York minute!

Read: If everyone drove EV-s, there would be no snow, ice, traffic jams and, most certainly no incompetent government officials!

You can certainly choose to read bizarre things into his words, but it is not convincing.

At least you have made an argument, unlike the poster I responded to