Fab shop closing... - Page 11
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fabrication? What's that? If it can't be mass manufactured out of plastic in China, no sense making it. Are you suggesting we start welding stuff together or something, like its the dark ages? What's next, riding around on horses and having a milkman deliver to your doorstep every morning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I think the word "bipartisanship" should be stricken from our vocabularies. ....
    Was a hold-over from obama era. New rules: republicans whine and blubber, they get the steamroller. See recent recovery package. Moscow Mitch: ooh I think it's way TOO MUCH. Vice Pesident: looks OK to me...

3. Likes Big B, JoeE. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Was a hold-over from obama era. New rules: republicans whine and blubber, they get the steamroller. See recent recovery package. Moscow Mitch: ooh I think it's way TOO MUCH. Vice Pesident: looks OK to me...
    "Republicans whine and blubber" "The Steamroller" "Recovery Package" LOL

Good talking points!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Maguire View Post
    They gave testimony to a special prosecutor (Ken Starr), neither talked to the house or senate (or any of same’ committees). They DID have counsel that talked to the house and present in the senate trial. The whole SP appointed by US attorney general is some phony ass shit.

The idea of testifying to congress (with any consequences) is questionable IMO.

Good luck,
    Matt
    OK. Who did trump testify to under oath? I'll wait. He won't testify under oath to anyone because he is such a pathological liar that he'd be setting himself up for perjury charges and even his advisors admit that.

6. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    No dead weight loser who can’t hold a job
    Maybe in your world but the term journeyman came from people leaving one job and getting another one, usually for better pay. This is what I was told when I was a young apprentice from old journeymen who would likely be in the 100 year old range now if they were still alive. You probably have experience with changing jobs for being dead weight though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by standardparts View Post
    "Republicans whine and blubber" "The Steamroller" "Recovery Package" LOL

Good talking points!
    Funny how it was fine with the trumpers when trump gave away the same or more money to businesses but when Democrats give money to the people the trumpers lose their chit.

9. Likes JoeE., Milland liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Maybe in your world but the term journeyman came from people leaving one job and getting another one, usually for better pay. This is what I was told when I was a young apprentice from old journeymen who would likely be in the 100 year old range now if they were still alive. You probably have experience with changing jobs for being dead weight though.
    Journeymen do not work 4-5 jobs in one year. There is a reason they work so many jobs in such a short time frame yet I doubt you will ever figure this out.
    As for your last remark I would be willing to bet you have collected unemployment several time over the last couple years.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would bet that he spreads a lot of .

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    Journeymen do not work 4-5 jobs in one year. There is a reason they work so many jobs in such a short time frame yet I doubt you will ever figure this out.
    As for your last remark I would be willing to bet you have collected unemployment several time over the last couple years.
    Who said that journeymen changed jobs 4 or 5 times a year? I didn't. As to collecting unemployment, I haven't collected a dime of it in the last 20 years and have only collected a couple of times for a week or two at a time in the last 45 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the journeyman tradition was Germanic - or at least it is still practiced by them?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs
    Journeymen do not work 4-5 jobs in one year
    They actually work more than that! There's been a couple in the immediate area from Europe a couple of years ago, local rag had them in their traditional dress. Work seemed to be preferred on a daily or weekly basis, they had a requirement to travel for the set number of years before they could reach master craftsman status.

14. Likes Greg White liked this post