What's new
What's new

Fairer taxes, less stressed small businesses (and workers?)

Milland

Diamond
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/10/30/biden-g20-global-minimum-tax/

It's about F'ing time! Part of why it seems we're at each others throats every day is the general stress over the decline of living standards of the "average" blue collar worker.

That's in part due to the expertise of the oligarchical class in getting the legislative class to place all sorts of loopholes and giveaways for the wealthy into the national tax codes.

Finally, there's a realization that this can't continue. I don't know if 15% is enough or how porous the laws will be, but it's a very needed start.

It's also good for small business, as they'll get a more even playing field with the larger companies, since SB's are essentially the blue collars of the corporate class.

What say you?

Then how do we pay the illegals $450,000 a person for violating the law?

Someone will end up with $450....someone else will end up with the rest. I'm sure it's all traceable like everything else.

If it was profitable to care, then they'd all be onboard.

OOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... hear me out.
DONT FUCKING SPEND OUR MONEY ON USELESS SHIT!

If a company wants to pay less in taxes they should re-invest their profits in useful shit. Problem solved. It also cost all of our money to support rich fuckers. They need to pay their fair share.

If a company wants to pay less in taxes they should re-invest their profits in useful shit. Problem solved. It also cost all of our money to support rich fuckers. They need to pay their fair share.

Ideally, this would be the way things worked - investment, infrastructure and jobs, profits into more means of production, etc. A virtuous cycle, where everyone in the chain gets some benefit.

But when the emphasis is siphoning off profits for shareholders or raiding the assets of the company, then the wealth is concentrated and workers are screwed. I don't know why this doesn't get more folks upset, instead they just bend over and say "thank you"...

It all sounds wonderful on paper but in practice?

Those with money always find ways around things and corporate taxes will just see them raising prices, a move guaranteed to hurt low income wage earners.

And note that the linked article mentions full support by the G-20, who would likely insure that much of the new tax revenue funds their globalist projects rather than staying at home to benefit the countries' own people.

Remember, the income tax started as 1% on the wealthiest 1% and now reaches even low wage workers.

And here's the real kick in the nuts for poorer countries.

Other critics contend that the plan could in fact punish some of the poorest countries, by shifting the base of taxation from where production occurs to corporate headquarters more often located in rich nations. Nigeria and other African countries, along with Pakistan and a handful of others, have balked at the agreement.​

“The production occurs in the developing world,” said Joseph Stiglitz, an economist at Columbia University. “The fact they decided to give the tax to the advanced countries just shows the lack of empathy for the developing countries.”​

Rob the poor to give to the rich, typical globalist plunder.

I have read that Social Security could be balanced in about five years with one simple painless change. Simply eliminate the cap on maximum deductions into SS but do not change the max payout limit. Do you think Jeff Bessos should pay more into SS then the local high school principal? I do.
If the SS limit is fair why is there no cap on income tax?
Bill D

The ss cap today is only 142,800. I think it should be eliminated or at least raised to one million or more. The logical number would be a minimum of 450,000. That is the presidents salary and he is a man of the people, so his income is solid middle class.

Why reduce the tax rate then?

“ According to the latest data, the top 1 percent of earners in America pay 40.1 percent of federal taxes; the bottom 90 percent pay 28.6 percent.Sep 16, 2021”

The poor currently pay nothing except SS taxes. Maybe you are most concerned that in the process of lowering the rate to 15% that you actually want to eliminate tax law which allows various deductions and have various loopholes instead?

That is fair in this context yet I do feel that 15% for the top ten percent is very low. Perhaps the trickle down would work a bit right? Yet the choice is pay themselves or pay someone else. Once they pay taxes and take profits as income it would be charity if it is distributed.

These fellows pay on income from interest for capital gains now of 20%. Would that mean that the rate should remain the same or be reduced?

How reliable is government or specifically the people running it in power when they say with a straight face there is nothing amiss at the border with Mexico? How about the preposterous argument that we should have put in a virtual wall?

That is not intended to start up a full blown fight. I said it is a preposterous thing yet I did not drop a bunch of typical name calling and all the other divisive crap. I honestly think it is a wrong minded position.

How can anyone rest easy with such people in charge entrusted with tax dollars?

During a tax audit the auditor told me she said she had done som simple math one night and that she thought the government should tax every dollar that changes hands every time. If I remember right it was like .25 percent 1/4 of 1percent. I don’t know how you would police/ collect it but she said she would be out of a job and our government could pay off the national debt in no time and have money left over. Seems like a good idea

When I find it I don’t need it
When I need it I can’t find it!

These fellows pay on income from interest for capital gains now of 20%. Would that mean that the rate should remain the same or be reduced?
While you pay 35% for working. Does that sound good to you ? How about they pay 15 and you pay 40% ? Even better ?

All income should be taxed the same. This plan is just more horseshit wallpaper because the Democrats have no balls. There will be plenty of "loopholes" engineered into it to give the wealthy a free ride. That's how the US works these days.

Well got to give the "G20" a bunch of credit for getting together together to establish their ability to rule somewhat overlooking a nation's competitive edge and leveling the playing field to make them all as wealthy.

So, what's next on the G20's agenda? Fixed prices on food? Precious metals? How about a G20 mandate on the size of families? Use your imagination.

Fuck those Euro elites.

While you pay 35% for working. Does that sound good to you ? How about they pay 15 and you pay 40% ? Even better ?

All income should be taxed the same. This plan is just more horseshit wallpaper because the Democrats have no balls. There will be plenty of "loopholes" engineered into it to give the wealthy a free ride. That's how the US works these days.

"All income should be taxed the same." Yes it should.

There are short term capital gains taxes of one year return and for longer term it is different. Many will just say 20% which more than covers the amount one must pay. Just a simple way to think about it. The IRS always gets paid when money is subject to the law. The ways people find around things are in the tax law. To benefit from such knowledge people earn their living based on knowing what is not easily seen nor shared. It might be the case that if such were widely known or let out might in fact bring terrible consequences on anyone sharing trade secrets so to speak. The undercurrent of servitude enforced, incentivized, and fully punishable perhaps even by contract likely verbal.

Well got to give the "G20" a bunch of credit for getting together together to establish their ability to rule somewhat overlooking a nation's competitive edge and leveling the playing field to make them all as wealthy.

So, what's next on the G20's agenda? Fixed prices on food? Precious metals? How about a G20 mandate on the size of families? Use your imagination.

Fuck those Euro elites.

We might very well have the same here. Families are not always incentivized. No one wants to wait to have children and educate them. They likely do not need very many educated anyway. They can likely use low skilled labor training it up from scratch.

Thus the illegal immigration it has had a effect on American wages and quality of life along with long expected promise offered as part of the American dream. Evidently it is for everyone especially those allowed access. There are notable breakthroughs. Simply exceptional and creative people. They still need financing and investment revenue streams from the establishment elite.

Most do not even realize the actual mediocrity they support as they do not know any better because they just have no context to what they see as no problem. At least most are like that. There are many who see opportunities for what they are and can gain greatly based on sure things.

Europe has these same kinds of things. There are different types of structures of government in minor ways. It is based upon Western ideals. Similar issues note the similarities. Much more the same than different. It compliments each one to another.

It can be a rowdy disagreeable bunch among ourselves.

If you are talking the US of A, then you sound like someone who made poor choices in life as to not become a 'rick fucker' and is now completely jealous of the 'rich fuckers' in this country
People who earn more than 200K per year in this country pay 70.63% of the taxes. Find something else to cry about.

If those earning over $200K control over 70 percent of the wealth (no doubt more), then it seems only fair for them to pay that amount in taxes--without the rule of law (no matter what one's opinion is of it) there would be no security and likely, no wealth.

Michael S.

Back