What's new
What's new

First Covid 19 Vaccination Shot Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has your hunger went up at all?
What about craving bloody red meat?
Haven’t noticed yourself aimlessly shuffling around your room moaning have you?

Last edited:
Congrats. I'm eager for mine.

My wife is a healthcare worker and got her second dose about a month ago. She had minor symptoms the night after the second dose, low fever and some body aches. Naproxen took care of it in about 30 minutes. Has been a great relief to have someone in the household who can run errands with significantly less risk of contracting.

Both of my parents received their first dose last week in Texas. Hopefully the current cluster-f there doesn't delay their second dose. They're both high risk and it's a significant weight lifted mentally that they'll be vaccinated soon.

Does this mean you’re going to get together with Camscan and buy him a beer?

And a serious question: what do you think about vaccine passports in the UK?

L7

And a serious question: what do you think about vaccine passports in the UK?

L7

Personally I think the idea has some merit, but, and it's a biggie - politically vaccine passports are a non starter, unlike many European Countries in the UK we've never had to carry ID papers, and I can't see the great British public standing for what in effect makes those that haven't a passport a 2nd class citizen, .............the human rights lawyers will have a field day, .........plus (and it's a big plus) the ruling Conservative party has always regarded itself as right wing libertarian.

Oh yes, and then there's always the matter of fraud, ........if they can copy notes and coinage, etc etc etc - a vaccination cert should be a doddle.

I had my second one a week ago. I had mild aches for a day after the second one, but it really knocked my wife out for 2 days- in bed, chills, fever, nausea. But she is fine now. They say, however, some of the new variants are more vaccine resistant. I am still wearing a mask in public.

In and out in under 5 minutes.

The protocol here is 30 min observation post shot - which is part of the reason some local medicos aren't keen on performing it for the money on offer....which I think is $13 to the GP.

Limy Sami said:
politically vaccine passports are a non starter

Must have been more compliant (or smarter?) in the past. In the early 70s, for entry to the UK or return here, not having your documentation on vaccinations - smallpox, etc, wouldn't get you beyond passport control.

For the Qanon types here, I'm due to be micro chipped by Gates in April!

Thanks Milland but in truth us downtrodden Brits have little option, either get the shot or 5 years in jail.

Five!? ONLY FIVE?

When I was your age and the plague was doing its thing, we considered ourselves lucky to just get a decade in the stocks if'n we went out without our plague masks. And without the long robes too? Hanging was too good, they'd drown us in the river first, then feed us to the badgers, and if they were feeling spiteful they'd feed the badgers to the ocelots!

Of course, they didn't have shots back then. Damn advances in medicine have made you all soft!

Not much to do about getting a vaccine around here yet. I am however enjoying watching the system around here go through the process of deciding who should get it first. Pretty much a no-brainer to give it to medical, first responders and the elderly first. Its the rest of the list I am enjoying watching get debated.....a person might think that those who have been considered essential and have worked through the pandemic from day 1 would be next in line and those who were non essential and those who have been able to work remotely from home might be the last in line.....oh no....cant have that. That would put truck drivers, trash haulers and grocery store clerks in front of politicians, school teachers and paper pushers. The optics of that are not acceptable.
Must remember your place.....

I was hoping you hadn't noticed that bit :D

Sami exit's stage left muttering ''cost me a bleedin mint, the bugger's got hollow legs''

Make him buy the first five rounds....

My brother and his friends in the UK drink WAY more beer than I can anymore. A night out with them can get very expensive:eek:. Single handedly they keep the King and Queen in Hamble in operation. (and helped by me every 12 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back