First Covid 19 Vaccination Shot Today. - Page 23
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    I don't know whether my father knew the answer or not. He was a teacher and I never will have all the knowledge he had.
    Don't sell yourself short. Knowledge comes in all sizes, shapes, flavors, and colors. I work with some very very smart folks but often they lack some of the
    basics you or I take for granted. I am certain there is knowledge you take for granted in yourself, that you father never understood, or could understand.

2. Likes Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Don't sell yourself short. Knowledge comes in all sizes, shapes, flavors, and colors. I work with some very very smart folks but often they lack some of the
    basics you or I take for granted. I am certain there is knowledge you take for granted in yourself, that you father never understood, or could understand.
    Well said!

I can relate to CG too - my dad was a literal aerospace engineer who got seduced by computers way back when. He'd have gotten multiple degrees at college, but I (and my siblings) came along faster than my folks expected, so he went off to a career at ITT, Litton, IBM, etc.

But it was his son, the tech HS grad, who actually wound up designing and building satellite and related components. I used to love teasing him about that, when he was still alive. Wish I still could...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    We have people raising their point of view because this is a FORUM. The purpose of a forum is supposed to be DISCUSSION, not consensus. The idea is that you hear many different ideas and opinions and then choose those which suit you best.

In the real world you might try to "dope slap" the wrong person and get your teeth knocked out.
    “ In the real world you might try to "dope slap" the wrong person and get your teeth knocked out.”

Not always possible for that to happen. First they would have to have teeth!

Even if they do or do not still it could improve their looks quite a bit.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah, but remember he's "NOT A SCIENTIST" which basically gives him carte blanche to blather any ol' horseshit, and deny all
    responsibility for such horseshit. See also "fact free zone" or "entitled to my own opinon no matter how wrong it is."
    And that being the case at least we have your insightful and humorous input.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't ever sell myself short. While he was knowledgeable in all things educational.my knowledge was in different fields than his.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“ Quote Originally Posted by crazygoat View Post
    I don't know whether my father knew the answer or not. He was a teacher and I never will have all the knowledge he had.”

I can’t count the times I wish that I could see my father again. He is not the only one who has passed on that I miss either. This is appreciated and normal in the context of life. Younger folk still have most of those things and most often neglect to spend enough time.

Then when young persons settle into their lives they will focus on their own family as is appropriate. It is easy then to neglect to varying degrees their close relatives and friends. This happens all the time.

Rare are people who I currently have friendships with and including neighbors who seem to have long term friendships. Loyalty is still valued and around yet it is shallow in concept to most people unless it may be connected to some kind of social, religious, or political movement. Of those things religion is the best if one can avoid the structural pitfalls.

Just some thoughts irrelevant in ways maybe or maybe not.

I do not know of many who have not felt the same kinds of ways regarding their Father , Mother, or any relative that was close. The flip side of that are those who have lost parents and been abandoned. Stories which I have listened to over the years will be listened to regarding the life path of these kinds of people.

That they could overcome and excell is a encouraging story of faith. On the other hand there is the truth that many deprived of those basic things most often are never noticed nor reported. Few know anyone who has chosen to devote their life to helping these kinds of people and by extension persons in extreme distress.

Case in point the homeless. Each one has a story. I give them money as I have and will listen carefully to their story. I come away learning something and wonder where is God even though rationally I have explanations for all that. I do not wish to be hostile to atheists or agnostics yet I will spar with many of their viewpoints as I believe they miss so many points. I can not miss all of theirs out of hand either.

Complicated world. If we can smile and be happy on any given day that is just fine. Sometimes that is the best that we have and to step out of ourselves on occasion and be kind to others as best that we can. One never knows when someone is right on the edge of a major crisis.

8. Likes crazygoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got my second poke yesterday,in and out 20 minutes, they make ya wait 15 minutes, feel all right so far this morning. ma durna was the brand.
    Good luck folks
    Gw

10. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Just curious. Do you need some sort of insurance to get the shot? What if you don't have any, can you just pay?

If they open the border before July 25th (my second shot here) I might shoot over to Buffalo and get 'er done.
    The shots are free, but you have to produce an I.D. Due to how they are distributed I doubt anyone that isn't a local could get a shot, at least not in my area.

12. Likes Terry Keeley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg White View Post
    Got my second poke yesterday,in and out 20 minutes, they make ya wait 15 minutes, feel all right so far this morning. ma durna was the brand.
    Good luck folks
    Gw
    Any side effects? I am getting my second shot in a couple hours. Both my neighbor and his wife said they felt like they had the flu the next day but it went away in 24 hours.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Any side effects? I am getting my second shot in a couple hours. Both my neighbor and his wife said they felt like they had the flu the next day but it went away in 24 hours.
    Good friends inlaw is not doing well after first shot.

Apparently if your a #1 diabetic, you suffer dehydration problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think thats more a side effect of type 1 diabetes...i dunno

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had a sore arm for about a day but the worst side effect was getting a fever later that night and through out the next day feeling real tired with a headache.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife and I will get our first shot today. I am looking forward to a return to life as it was or as close to that as possible.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My friend was hospitalized with a stroke, heart and kidney failure. 2nd day after his 2nd vaccine. I was only sick for a day after each shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife did not feel well for a day. I could push on the injection site and feel a soreness that lasted for a day. One of the fireman in a different outfit said he had a severe headache also lasted for a day. Seems to be a trend that whatever your side effect is it lasts 24 hours. Supposedly the worse your side effect is the better your immunity, we will not know that for sure for years and will anyone then remember what their side effect was?

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a little sore arm the day after Pfizer for me.

Actually it wasn't as sore as our annual flu shot. Now hopefully I don't havta wait until July 25th for the second dose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    My wife did not feel well for a day. I could push on the injection site and feel a soreness that lasted for a day. One of the fireman in a different outfit said he had a severe headache also lasted for a day. Seems to be a trend that whatever your side effect is it lasts 24 hours. Supposedly the worse your side effect is the better your immunity, we will not know that for sure for years and will anyone then remember what their side effect was?
    I wish 24 hours. I've only had the first shot, and I didn't get any horrible side effects, but
    I was TIRED, like really really tired. Like the flu was coming on for the first couple of days,
    and then just flat out wiped out for a few more. Could have been a lot worse, I'm not looking
    forward to the second shot (Moderna).

My better half on the other hand was fine after the first shot (Pfizer), but the second one
    put her completely down and out for 4 days. Fever chills soreness nausea headache, puked a couple
    of times. She was miserable.

Her quote "If this is just the side effects of the vaccine, the real thing would have f'n killed me".

22. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Good friends inlaw is not doing well after first shot.

Apparently if your a #1 diabetic, you suffer dehydration problems.
    I am a type 2, no issues with first shot. I was told to stay hydrated after shot #2.

24. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    I wish 24 hours. I've only had the first shot, and I didn't get any horrible side effects, but
    I was TIRED, like really really tired. Like the flu was coming on for the first couple of days,
    and then just flat out wiped out for a few more. Could have been a lot worse, I'm not looking

My better half on the other hand was fine after the first shot (Pfizer), but the second one
    put her completely down and out for 4 days. Fever chills soreness nausea headache, puked a couple

Her quote "If this is just the side effects of the vaccine, the real thing would have f'n killed me".
    Sorry to hear that and even sorrier I read it since I am 2 1/2 hours after shot #2.

26. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post

Well you blew up my observation, but it(the observation) did last longer than 24.
    Interesting observation of your wife. If she had an identical twin it could be tested, but the theoretical twin might not be too happy about that.

28. Likes Bobw liked this post