First Covid 19 Vaccination Shot Today. - Page 24
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just heard another side affect on our emergency radio. EMS was dispatched to the vaccination center, a 20 year old female was having an anxiety attack. A few minutes later EMS was canceled as the young woman was doing much better and was going to drive herself to the hospital. My secretary's husband was there about the same time, we are going to ask if the anxiety attack was before or after the jab. If the needle was as big as the ones we vaccinate cows with I might have had an anxiety attack, but the needles are so small I did not even feel it when the nurse poked me.

The husband said it is walk up and get vaccinated now, no appointments needed. Four months of vaccine drought and now you can just go and get it done.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Just heard another side affect on our emergency radio. EMS was dispatched to the vaccination center, a 20 year old female was having an anxiety attack. A few minutes later EMS was canceled as the young woman was doing much better and was going to drive herself to the hospital.
    Tell her Sonny Liston was deathly afraid of needles, too. The bigger they are, the harder they fall

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...the needles are so small I did not even feel it ....
    Odd. That's exactly what my wife says ....

Another data point (two actually) after the 2nd phfizer shot both my wife and I had mild symptoms about 24 hours after getting it. She had a small headache, and I had the creepy feeling like maybe I had a low-grade fever. Went to bed early, the next day were 100% again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The secretary's husband had to leave and go back to work so we will not get "the rest of the story" to see if it was an after effect or a pre affect. Oh, well.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
    My friend was hospitalized with a stroke, heart and kidney failure. 2nd day after his 2nd vaccine. I was only sick for a day after each shot.
    Sorry to hear that. That combination is rough. I had the same reaction as you on my second shot which was about two weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
    My friend was hospitalized with a stroke, heart and kidney failure. 2nd day after his 2nd vaccine. I was only sick for a day after each shot.
    Damn, that sucks. Was the person in somewhat frail health before the shot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Other than feeling a little funny, and a sore arm for few days, I felt ok after first dose (Moderna), second dose next week, think I'll do right arm this time, I sleep on left side, and apparently prefer to use left shoulder to open doors.

Received news of an acquaintances passing yesterday, she was only 38, note to self, herbal teas, aroma therapy, and crystals, will not cure rona.

8. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Received news of an acquaintances passing yesterday, she was only 38, note to self, herbal teas, aroma therapy, and crystals, will not cure rona.
    Sorry to hear of the loss, but was she really relying on that stuff to try to recover?

Sometimes, all you can do is shake your head...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Sorry to hear of the loss, but was she really relying on that stuff to try to recover?

Sometimes, all you can do is shake your head...
    Sadly, yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The husband said it is walk up and get vaccinated now, no appointments needed. Four months of vaccine drought and now you can just go and get it done.
    I am getting notifications routinely about vaccinations being available.
    I believe I heard the goal of everyone who wants one being able to schedule is mid April so getting very close.

In other news one of the anti maskers in a shop I do a lot of work with is now covid positive.

The African variant is now the dominant one found in the US and has a higher incidence of poor outcomes for the younger age brackets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Tell her Sonny Liston was deathly afraid of needles, too. The bigger they are, the harder they fall
    I get freaked about needles too. I can't even watch other people get stabbed. I'd rather be branded than
    get a tiny little needle stuck in my arm. Stitches even worse, that's a needle going in and out many times,
    WITH A STRING ON IT!!!!

I've had stitches twice, both times on my hand, and both times it was the Dr. stitching, one nurse sitting on
    my arm, one sitting on my chest, and one sitting on my legs. Having a nice looking/nice smelling lady sitting
    on your chest is a really good distraction.

When I have to get a shot, I tell them to put the shot away (in a drawer if necessary), I'll turn away,
    and then they can stab me. One time I needed an antibiotic shot for an ear infection and nurse ratchet
    came in, and I told her to put the shot in the drawer, I'll look away, and then she can stab me. She told
    me "I don't have time for these games", and I told her simply, "Look lady, you can put that needle in the
    drawer, and we'll be done in 30 seconds, or you can argue with me and we'll be here all fricken' day."
    She put the shot in the drawer. One and only time I got to tell a nurse "See, That wasn't so bad" after
    I was the one that got the shot.

I can completely understand the anxiety attack, I'd rather somebody came at me with a 3/16" drill
    in a Dewalt than come at me with a needle that I *Know* I will barely feel.

I would be a really pathetic heroin addict.

And I know its irrational. I'm afraid of blowing up balloons too.

13. Likes Screwmachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It seems the anti-maskers around me are growing in numbers. It seems a month or two ago maskers were at an all time high around here. Last two days I went to two different country stores, the cashiers who were new weren't wearing masks and one store had 4 straight customers enter without them. On the flip side I still see plenty of people alone on the highway or walking by the side of the road wearing one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    It seems the anti-maskers around me are growing in numbers. It seems a month or two ago maskers were at an all time high around here. Last two days I went to two different country stores, the cashiers who were new weren't wearing masks and one store had 4 straight customers enter without them. On the flip side I still see plenty of people alone on the highway or walking by the side of the road wearing one.
    Up here in "Live Free Or Die" New Hampshire, I've been rather delighted to see that most stores have signs indicating you MUST wear a mask to enter, and people are.

Some folks ignore that, and I think the policy of the stores is not to challenge them (some really horrible people have even shot/killed store employees on occasion over this), but overall compliance is high.

My first jab is this Saturday, I have to go to Boston for it. Bit annoying I can't do it in NH (shop's up here, but I'm a MA resident), but whatever...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    I get freaked about needles too. I can't even watch other people get stabbed. I'd rather be branded than
    get a tiny little needle stuck in my arm. Stitches even worse, that's a needle going in and out many times,
    WITH A STRING ON IT!!!!

I've had stitches twice, both times on my hand, and both times it was the Dr. stitching, one nurse sitting on
    my arm, one sitting on my chest, and one sitting on my legs. Having a nice looking/nice smelling lady sitting
    on your chest is a really good distraction.

When I have to get a shot, I tell them to put the shot away (in a drawer if necessary), I'll turn away,
    and then they can stab me. One time I needed an antibiotic shot for an ear infection and nurse ratchet
    came in, and I told her to put the shot in the drawer, I'll look away, and then she can stab me. She told
    me "I don't have time for these games", and I told her simply, "Look lady, you can put that needle in the
    drawer, and we'll be done in 30 seconds, or you can argue with me and we'll be here all fricken' day."
    She put the shot in the drawer. One and only time I got to tell a nurse "See, That wasn't so bad" after
    I was the one that got the shot.

I can completely understand the anxiety attack, I'd rather somebody came at me with a 3/16" drill
    in a Dewalt than come at me with a needle that I *Know* I will barely feel.

I would be a really pathetic heroin addict.

And I know its irrational. I'm afraid of blowing up balloons too.
    Don't get diabetes. When I first was diagnosed they tried all kinds of pills and diet changes, the pills didn't work or helped next to none and I did not like the side effects. Finally doctor said she had bad news and good news. I was going to need to inject insulin, but she figured it would work fine. So nurse watches as I do a practice shot of saline, I didn't feel a thing, no biggie. A week of one shot of insulin in the a.m. and all is well. I told the doctor too bad we didn't try the shots first I was starting to feel like a big lab rat. She said most people end up requiring injections, but dread doing it so they try that as a last resort. I wish they would have had me do shots right off the bat the needles are #31 gauge, very small. Unless you use the same spot too many times in a row you do not feel it. The Covid needle is a #22 gauge I still am the only one to ask at the place I went. I pretty much didn't feel that one either. I think needles and or the people giving the shots have improved over the years.

My sister hated school and would try to fake being sick, my mom would say she would take her to the doctor and a shot would cure what ailed her. All of a sudden my sister's condition miraculously improved.

17. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Up here in "Live Free Or Die" New Hampshire, I've been rather delighted to see that most stores have signs indicating you MUST wear a mask to enter, and people are.

Some folks ignore that, and I think the policy of the stores is not to challenge them (some really horrible people have even shot/killed store employees on occasion over this), but overall compliance is high.

My first jab is this Saturday, I have to go to Boston for it. Bit annoying I can't do it in NH (shop's up here, but I'm a MA resident), but whatever...
    All stores have mask signs, but it seems few enforce it. The ABC state run stores do, they have someone guarding the door. The non maskers seem to be more common off the beaten path.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Bless her, very few covid associated deaths in the 35-39 age group UK in 2020.
    Rip

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Might be a good idea to check those blue loop masks, especially if youve issues.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't get diabetes.
    Sorry if ive imagined it, but did you say type2? Have you come across Dr Jason Fung?
    Hes had some long haulers off their insulin in a month or two iirc.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the flip side I still see plenty of people alone on the highway or walking by the side of the road wearing one.
    Easier than taking it off, putting it on, taking it off ... and if it's kinda cold out, it's sort of like a ski mask, preheats your breathing air.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    Sorry if ive imagined it, but did you say type2? Have you come across Dr Jason Fung?
    Hes had some long haulers off their insulin in a month or two iirc.

Type 2, Unfortunately I am forced into a pretty sedentary lifestyle due to untreated chronic pain and other issues. I went from workout warrior to starting to grind to a halt after a lower multi level spinal fusion. I am lucky to walk upright unaided. On top of that I have a bad knee and a couple shoulders that need operated on. Fortunately even though I have had diabetes 20 years there has been not progression or damage. What physical effort I can make needs to be used to earn a living. The only thing that helped make me get around better was prescription pain meds and I was cut off long ago because of the "opiod crisis." They won't give them long term anymore. Ice, Advil, and Salonpas only go so far. You can't even get a good heating pad anymore because idiots fell asleep on them and got burned. Now they barely get warm.