Page 25 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobw View Post
    I get freaked about needles too.
    How's your left jab ? Have you ever stuck a cop upside-down in a garbage can ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Any side effects? I am getting my second shot in a couple hours. Both my neighbor and his wife said they felt like they had the flu the next day but it went away in 24 hours.
    Arm was sore at injection site,no flu feeling,nothing.
    as kinda a side note,I swear I had the rona in jan.of 2020,out of the game for 3 weeks,felt like broken ribs,wake myself up coughing. Before then I "never get sick" kinda guy I am.
    did you have any day after issues?
    Gw

3. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^^
    Yes I relate to perhaps having had it also. Despite all the mask wearing and social distancing which I followed. With this shot however they tell me the reaction on the second shot-feeling bad maybe soreness and mild to moderate flu type symptoms is the body building antibodies.

I am going along with the flow best that I can. The prospect of there being a real positive change in this is welcome. All the things we all must do have taken their toll. Anyone making it alive through this can then get on through the whole mess and come out on the other side.

I will deal with what comes.

5. Likes reggie_obe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    ... I wish they would have had me do shots right off the bat the needles are #31 gauge, very small. ...
    Those are subQ, right? I have a B12 problem so give myself 1cc of B12 twice a month, subQ needles, easy to do. Sometimes they give me IM
    needles, those work too. The vaccine shots are IM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just got back to work from my first Moderna jab. Haven't figured out how to activate my 5G or Wi-Fi hotspot yet. Maybe those come in the second shot.

Guess I should actually get back to work, eh?

8. Likes Bobw, dalmatiangirl61, BillE, triumph406 liked this post
    Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Greg White View Post
    Arm was sore at injection site,no flu feeling,nothing.
    as kinda a side note,I swear I had the rona in jan.of 2020,out of the game for 3 weeks,felt like broken ribs,wake myself up coughing. Before then I "never get sick" kinda guy I am.
    did you have any day after issues?
    Gw
    No day after issues first shot, I am now 28 hours after my second shot. I would say at about the 12 hour mark at 9pm I felt a little colder than I normally would walking back and forth to the shop in a tank top and shorts while it was in the low 60's outside so I put on a hoodie. Went to bed early for me at 1pm feeling a little more tired than usual, I am usually up till 2-3 am. I guess I slept it off, I did not get up till 11 am and slept most of the time, I am usually up from 8-9 am while maybe sleeping 1/2 the time. I now feel normal. Fortunately being a self employed army of one with a commute measured in yards I can just work second shift today.

I suppose anyone like me would be best to try to schedule a shot so 12-16 hrs before bedtime and then just go sleep it off and just lose 1/2 of the next day.

Country
    NETHERLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

it's been a month now since the governor of texas made the neanderthal decision.
    yet new cases have not spiked since.
    the same goes for mississippi.
    quite the opposite in michigan and indiana though.
    i wonder why, what's going on?

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    Just got back to work from my first Moderna jab. Haven't figured out how to activate my 5G or Wi-Fi hotspot yet.
    Did you remember to say "Gort ! Klaatu barada nikto !" ?

12. Likes BillE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    it's been a month now since the governor of texas made the neanderthal decision.
    yet new cases have not spiked since.
    the same goes for mississippi.
    quite the opposite in michigan and indiana though.
    i wonder why, what's going on?
    Texas reported 96 deaths yesterday, but they did not die yesterday, most died sometime in the last 60 days, we won't know yesterdays actual death toll for about 60 more days. Testing has been halved from where it was in January/February. Best indicator for Tx is hospitalizations, currently 2866 with just over 1000 ICU beds available, roughly where they were in September. My guess is the elderly getting vaxxed and warmer weather is helping. When New York was peaking last year, Texas officials were bragging about how well they were doing, then the rona got to Texas, maybe, just maybe, it comes in waves, IDK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Michigan was good and now not so good in my area.
    What changed?
    How to get so much in the top ten in so little time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fed government here couldn't organize a root in a brothel, unlike some of your Reps it appears! Between lowest cost bid medicos who couldn't work out a dose, vax supply delivered by incompetent couriers to wrong destinations and left without refrigeration, generally a total farce.

To compound it, my GP died a couple weeks back - not from covid, just prior to the rollout for my cohort at the end of March, inconsiderate bastard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is ridiculous for you to be looking at these absurd statistics and saying, "Oh, this is happening in Indiana and that is happening in Wisconsin" or whatever and wondering why it doesn't make any sense. There is no "virus" and that should have been obvious to you over a year ago when the story was let out that a "deadly" coronavirus had gone from central China to infecting millions in Italy in less than 3 weeks. Real viruses do not teleport themselves across the world. Furthermore, the genome the Chinese government hacks published was an ordinary coronavirus genome that was functionally no different than any of the thousands of other coronavirus genomes that have been in genomic databases for decades. Coronaviruses last for 6-8 weeks before they degrade to an non-infectious state, so whatever virus they sampled in December of 2019 was long gone before the Italians started making their ridiculous stories that "bodies were stacking up in morgues".

The so-called "cases" that you are putting so much faith in and believing completely healthy people to be infected with some kind of secret asymptomatic disease, are being generated by abuse of PCR machines to do diagnostics in a completely invalid way--something PCR experts have been complaining about incessantly since this hysteria began. Health officials systematically ramp up thermal cycles on the machines to 40 or even 45 which is incredibly and ridiculously excessive. A 45-cycle amplification is 2^45 replications = 35,184,372,088,832. That's 35 trillion replications which is completely and absurdly excessive and all this is doing is generating false positives which of course is exactly what the health officials want to do.

So, you going around and saying we have a thousand cases here and a thousand cases there is absurd. These are cases of NOTHING. Whether one state has more than another is simply a function of how much "testing" they are doing and how abusive the protocol is that they are using. In New Zealand there are almost no "cases" at all for the simple reason that in New Zealand the policy is to always test anyone who is positive TWICE to "verify" the diagnosis. Since testing positive is a random chance, the chance of testing positive twice in a row is very low which is why there are no cases in New ealand. If we did the same thing in the United States cases would go to nearly zero overnight. But of course actually validating or verifying their bullshit is the last thing these health officials want to do because that would affect the enormous budget supplements they are getting.

17. Likes Straightedge liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Did you remember to say "Gort ! Klaatu barada nikto !" ?
    What a great movie^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Michigan was good and now not so good in my area.
    What changed?
    How to get so much in the top ten in so little time?
    Well, you live there, what do you see? In my area the percentage of people not wearing masks is climbing quickly after mask wearing was at an all time high a month or so ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those of you who assume you are fully protected two weeks after your second shot may wish to be a bit more careful.

According to this article some people take longer than two weeks to mount an antibody response and may still fall ill even after two weeks. The CDC is studying the issue.

246 vaccinated residents diagnosed with COVID; 3 dead, Michigan reports

Guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Those of you who assume you are fully protected two weeks after your second shot may wish to be a bit more careful.

According to this article some people take longer than two weeks to mount an antibody response and may still fall ill even after two weeks. The CDC is studying the issue.

246 vaccinated residents diagnosed with COVID; 3 dead, Michigan reports
    Putting that in context, that is 246 out of 2.95 million that were already vaccinated. That isn't that bad at all, no vaccine is 100% effective. It does suck for the 3 who died, no argument there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jscpm View Post
    I.... Real viruses do not teleport themselves across the world. ...
    No such thing as airplanes. Check.

23. Likes Bobw, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    A few people on an "airplane" cannot infect millions in 3 weeks. Respiratory viruses have 5-6 day infection cycles and each person can only infect a small number of other people. That means that a single person can only infect about 100 people within 3 weeks at most and that assumes optimum conditions: people in close contact in urban environments. This can be clearly seen in high schools where thousands are in intimate contact yet colds only infect a small percentage of the school at a given time.

The communication between Wuhan and Italy is almost negligible. Chinese citizens require exit visas (permission) to visit foreign countries and must obtain a "return visa" as well before leaving. Travel for even wealthy people in China is a complex and time consuming process and for lower class industrial workers like most of the people in Wuhan it is extremely rare for them to travel to Europe or anywhere else outside China. Most of the Chinese you see in tourist locations are wealthy, upper class Chinese from Beijing, Shanghai or Hong Kong.

The idea that a virus could essentially teleport from Wuhan to infecting large numbers of people in Italy in the space of 3 weeks is a mathematical impossibility.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The idea that a virus could essentially teleport from Wuhan to infecting large numbers of people in Italy in the space of 3 weeks is a mathematical impossibility.
    Well, we will get another chance to "study" it soon enough.

The current administration will NOT look into the origin of this one, that's clear.

But there will another outbreak soon. I'd give them a couple of years to perfect the next "bat flu" and it'll be even better at shutting down an entire global economy. Might even be able to completely destroy a country or two, ot five. Might even bring on a real shootin war.

Hell then the chicoms could really profit from arms sale and land grabs.

This was only a test run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    I'm sure the guy has some functioning brain cells somewhere, but when it comes to "the virus ain't real!!!" crap he's a total nutcase. Nothing to be gained but a headache whenever he poopflings in the Covid threads.

Back on topic - I got High Pfized today, first one. Had to travel to Boston for it (worth it), but I hope to schedule the second shot up here. Great people working the site, but a lack of signage and the traffic in/out of the parking facility make that aspect much more stressful than the shot itself.