First Covid 19 Vaccination Shot Today. - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got shot yesterday. They had a special line for teachers over 50. The line was 50-100 people at 4:00. I went to the other side of the building and went in the door for the non teachers, over 50, no waiting there. No sore arm today.
    My wife got her second shot two weeks ago. It wiped her out like the flu for 24 hours then nothing. No recovery aches and pains after 24 hours. Now we hear they recommend take some aspirin before the second shot.
    Bill D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got second shot yesterday, no adverse effect other then the arm is a little sore
    But not as bad as when one gets a tetanus shot.
    Actually got called in a day early to use up the last doses of the day.
    In and out in less than a half hour UCLA medical has it working really smooth.

3. Likes Limy Sami, Milland liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's good - keep spreading the word, the quicker more people get vaccinated, the quicker we'll reach an ''acceptable new normal'' and go on to learn to live with Covid 19.

5. Likes Georgineer, 72bwhite, tim9lives liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Now we hear they recommend take some aspirin before the second shot.
    Bill D
    There was a study, UK iirc, that came out recently concerning taking aspirin/acetaminophen/ibuprofen with/after vax, bottom line is its best not to, it reduces immune response. I'll see if I can find the link, its been a few weeks.

From what I can ascertain as a non-medical professional, I think US medicine is a bit behind the knowledge curve, and far too willing to advise over the counter pain relievers for the slightest discomforts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    There was a study, UK iirc, that came out recently concerning taking aspirin/acetaminophen/ibuprofen with/after vax, bottom line is its best not to, it reduces immune response. I'll see if I can find the link, its been a few weeks.

From what I can ascertain as a non-medical professional, I think US medicine is a bit behind the knowledge curve, and far too willing to advise over the counter pain relievers for the slightest discomforts.
    Makes sense to me, one of the other firefighters here that got vaxed said his hurt pretty good on the second one. Mine got a little sore on the spot when I poked it, 24 hours later I could not even find the sore spot. I read somewhere that the ones that get the flu shot type reaction may have a little bit better resistance to C-19. With the new variants coming that would not be a bad thing if true.

A question for you that have been vaxed: Are you going to continue to were your masks?

Before the second Texas mandate (early summer 2020) I noticed that only a third of the people in the grocery store were wearing theirs. After the mandate over 90 percent wear a mask (in the local HEB, lot less at Walmart). Right now I am thinking I will keep on wearing them to make the others more comfortable with theirs.

We have seen it 3 times people get relaxed and complacent and this thing roars back the hospitals fill up and we apply what we know the numbers got down. Brazil’s Covid Crisis Is a Warning to the Whole World, Scientists Say - The New York Times I am afraid we will see a 4th wave. Just talked to a customer that got C19 and he still has not regained his full sense of smell and taste.

8. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A couple of observers noted early on that we would very likely veer back and forth between measures like lockdowns (sometimes too restrictive) and opening up (sometimes too far/too fast), with a net effect of always staying very close to a transmission rate R of about 1. In other words, the pandemic would go on for some time because economic and political reality but such severe limits on what can be done. (Even the strongest of lockdowns have only limited effects.)

There were waves and flare ups of smallpox from antiquity until it was finally wiped out in the 1970s.

10. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    That's good - keep spreading the word, the quicker more people get vaccinated, the quicker we'll reach an ''acceptable new normal'' and go on to learn to live with Covid 19.
    "...go on to learn to live with covid-19" ?

If, only IF the medical people come up with a plan to HELP those infected.

Relying on a vaccine ONLY is a fools errand.

12. Likes DrHook, Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    "...go on to learn to live with covid-19" ?

If, only IF the medical people come up with a plan to HELP those infected.

Relying on a vaccine ONLY is a fools errand.
    The Germans are refusing the Oxford vaccine and the French ain't far behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Latest info from the UK on the effectiveness of the Bioentech and Astrozeneca vaccines, I suspect the Germans and French will change their tune soon. https://khub.net/documents/135939561...=1614617945615

I tried finding link to the medical study on aspirin with vax, did not find it, it was in Dr John Campbells vids sometime in past month or so if someone is interested in finding it.

FredC, might want to hang onto mask for now, one of the talking heads (not a reliable source of info), mentioned something about 800 people in Colorado testing positive a second time, 90 days past first positive test, for one of the CV variants. Might take another 90 days for a medical study on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...I suspect the Germans and French will change their tune soon.
    Something like this, do you think?

Coronavirus: What'''s behind France'''s AstraZeneca turnaround? - BBC News

FredC, yes, I'll be wearing my mask after my second jab in April. The vaccine takes three weeks to achieve its full effect. No vaccine, ever, has been 100% effective, and I might be one of the unfortunates it doesn't work for. The mask is primarily to protect other people if I have the virus, so I owe it to the people around me to do what I can.

I've no idea now who said it in the waves of information and advice we have received, but somebody said "The safest way is to act towards other people as though you have the virus". Sound like good advice to me.

George B.

16. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    In and out in under 5 minutes.

The second's booked for May 16th, all courtesy of our wonderful national health service.
    Good luck to you...really

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am still wearing my mask and will continue even after the governor said it is no longer mandated. Just wanted to see what others were thinking or planning to do. It has been more than a month since our second dose, so our immunity level should be pretty high now. Right now my plan is to mask at least through the summer, then take stock of the situation then. Again mostly for appearance, do not want to encourage any one to unmask thinking "well he is not wearing one, why should I" And then there is that low percentage of those that get it after being vaxed.

19. Likes Georgineer, Limy Sami, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yup still wearing the mask in public if for no other reason the it’s the polite thing to do
    The good part about being vaccinated is you can worry less about the idiots infecting you

21. Likes Georgineer, Limy Sami, reggie_obe, JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

... I suspect the Germans and French will change their tune soon...
    Your suspicions were correct.

Covid: Germany approves AstraZeneca vaccine for over-65s - BBC News

George B.

23. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_machine View Post
    A couple of observers noted early on that we would very likely veer back and forth between measures like lockdowns (sometimes too restrictive) and opening up (sometimes too far/too fast), with a net effect of always staying very close to a transmission rate R of about 1. In other words, the pandemic would go on for some time because economic and political reality but such severe limits on what can be done. (Even the strongest of lockdowns have only limited effects.)

There were waves and flare ups of smallpox from antiquity until it was finally wiped out in the 1970s.
    I truely hope not. I rather doubt that now that things are opening up in Texas it would only reverse based on a worst case scenario. I love all the hostility against the move yet I ask what would be a good time to pass up fear and move forward with conscientious measures in place un mandated?

I got my first shot two weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm still waiting for my turn, they just can't either get or administer more than 50 doses a day. I have no problem with those older than myself getting it first, I do have issues with them vaxxing the population of the prison, most of which are doing hard time, life, or have a date with sparky. They are also vaxxing any retail workers regardless of their age. I'd have a better chance of getting vaxxed today if I was in my 20's, or doing time, and that ain't right.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    I am still wearing my mask and will continue ...
    FredC, you seem rational yet your byline says you're in Texas. What's wrong with those people ? Did they all get dropped on their heads as babies ? Stetsons too tight ? It's like half the red blood cells in your body decided they weren't going to carry oxygen. "Not me, man ! I don't gotta take no steenkin orders !"

Okay fine, then die, idiots.

They are also vaxxing any retail workers regardless of their age.
    Doesn't your shop have a sales counter ?

One thing you learn in China - don't bother fighting regulations. It's a waste of time. Just go around them

27. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    The Germans are refusing the Oxford vaccine and the French ain't far behind.
    Unless I heard it wrong - not any more they ain't.

29. Likes JoeE. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    Yup still wearing the mask in public if for no other reason the it’s the polite thing to do
    The good part about being vaccinated is you can worry less about the idiots infecting you
    That's the way I'm looking at it

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 72bwhite View Post
    You sound like a Canadian. ;-)

L7