Login to Your Account
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Qt John: Sounds quite ridiculous to me .....how you gonna pay for a $5 burger with a bitcoin.
    For some reason you think 'money' is "real" ? Little pieces of paper with inky squiggles and a strip of plastic inside ?

2. Likes TeachMePlease, SIP6A liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    For some reason you think 'money' is "real" ? Little pieces of paper with inky squiggles and a strip of plastic inside ?
    Paper money has real value,
    You can burn it for home heating or making coffee.

4. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Trueturning;3710576]
    Don’t go to war with a portable charging system. Use long extension cords instead...[QUOTE]

Or a long pipe:

Operation Pluto - Wikipedia

6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Read The Wealth of Nations and get back to us on what currency represents.

Bitcoin is simply a digital bullion without the freedom from speculation on the base.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Read The Wealth of Nations and get back to us on what currency represents.
    It represents people's trust in the status quo. That's all.

Nothing in the universe has any actual "value". Not even Scarlett Johannson's magic triangle ...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People need be just satisfied, a big reason places like North Korea don't want the working-class to see where things are better.

I think India has educated hard-working people who are just one notch above poverty.

A reason that USA workers having a house, full refrigerator, car, boat, owing property clear of debt, kids going to college erks some other countries to the point they would like to destroy it.

Even that their country could do as well if they had the gumption to make it that way.

A few Hate the USA people are now in our government.

Berney Sanders is somewhat like that, anyone making a hundred grand or more is a crook, even though he makes more.

ON topic: Gas cars should stop when there is no longer a market for them. It should be a Market Economy to continue the USA as we know it..

10. Likes Scottl, Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"A few Hate the USA people are now in our government." Yeah starting to look that way. Oddly enough many of those gain elected office and then become wealthy bitching and complaining.

The people who really get screwed over are those living in large cities/urban areas where they are pretty much trapped due to high cost of living and no jobs and exist only on gov't benefits and unfulfilled promises from politicians.

And so it goes.

12. Likes Scottl, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    People need be just satisfied, a big reason places like North Korea don't want the working-class to see where things are better.

I think India has educated hard-working people who are just one notch above poverty.

A reason that USA workers having a house, full refrigerator, car, boat, owing property clear of debt, kids going to college erks some other countries to the point they would like to destroy it.

Even that their country could do as well if they had the gumption to make it that way.

A few Hate the USA people are now in our government.

Berney Sanders is somewhat like that, anyone making a hundred grand or more is a crook, even though he makes more.

ON topic: Gas cars should stop when there is no longer a market for them. It should be a Market Economy to continue the USA as we know it..
    Did you say that Verney Sanders is a cook? Does he own KFC?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=michiganbuck;3713792]People need be just satisfied, a big reason places like North Korea don't want the working-class to see where things are better.

I think India has educated hard-working people who are just one notch above poverty

Berney Sanders is a cook? Does he own KFC?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you say that Verney Sanders is a cook? Does he own KFC?

No Bernie is not a cook, just not the guy I would vote for.

and he is not the worst of the lot...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It represents people's trust in the status quo. That's all.

Nothing in the universe has any actual "value". Not even Scarlett Johannson's magic triangle ...
    Right unless it is Chinese money and then it is king right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is the GM EV plan good or bad for the company's future and those invested in the company?
    This has pulled a lot of resources and money from the old business for many years now.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well if your talking about the stuff China is sending into the United States.......

"The dollar bills were discovered in December at the International Falls Port of Entry in Minnesota in a rail shipment originating from China, per a statement from CBP."

Ice fishing season in Minnesota must mean a huge demand for strip club panty stuffing money......

$900,000 counterfeit seized by customs — all in one-dollar bills

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nissan300ztt View Post
    But GM isnt exactly the Beacon for reliability and style. They have pretty much destroyed any redesign. And nothing against women CEOs. But GMs CEO is clueless. The trailblazer was turned into a Compact SUV. The Blazer is ugly as sin and not even remotely close to any blazer design. Hell the New Bronco, designed to beat the jeep, cant outwheel a stock wrangler on the rubicon trail. I have pretty much decided to stick with jeep and Dodge. I know they arent the best vehicles. But my 1999 Wrangler has 266,000 miles on her and she runs like a champ. And my 2012 Durango has 123,000 and runs perfect. So I guess I left GM when their cars went to crap. I never wanted a Ford(GARBAGE). And when it comes to Trucks im really liking the Tundras and Titans. GM can stop making internal combustion engines. But Electric cars are complete jokes. Teslas are the only ones to get it close to perfect. And their cars are pretty damn near perfect. My buddy has 2, an SUV and his wifes 3. Both are driven daily and get over 350miles to a single charge.

Yah.... 350 miles, then a 3 hour wait to get another 225, and a 3 hour wait to get another 225........ (or all 350 if you wait 10 hours) That sure as heck will be great traveling by car........

I suppose we are all supposed to travel by air, carrying almost nothing with us.

Bye-bye family vacation, sell off the national parks, nobody comes to them anymore...... (wait, we did that already)

20. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Is the GM EV plan good or bad for the company's future and those invested in the company?
    This has pulled a lot of resources and money from the old business for many years now.
    Funny you should mention this - compare with Kodak who invented digital photography, but would not market a digitial
    camera because it would..... pull a lot of resources and money from their old business (photographic film).

Maybe GM is trying to avoid a "Kodak Moment."

22. Likes fusker, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The "old business" was, I believe, selling cars in the USA.
    That is long gone- for some time now, half or more of GM's sales are in China.
    GM in China is almost 25 years old, with almost 60,000 employees.
    I think, to GM, China is "the old business" these days- and its growing every year, unlike US sales.

So they are investing where the future growth will be, and that country is going to require electric cars.
    The thing we have to fear is not GM wasting its assets on electric cars- its GM deciding that the US market is not worth the trouble at all, and just sell made in China cars here.
    They already sell Buicks from China here, and I think it wont be long til we see made in China Cadillacs here too- Caddy sells more cars in China than here, and makes them there.

In 2020, GM only made 48% of the cars it sold in the USA, in US factories.
    Admittedly, many came from longstanding Canadian and Mexican factories, but also from China, Korea, and parts and pieces from a lot of other places.

So long term, the profitable parts of the business are always going to pay for the next thing- thats kinda capitalism.
    And as GM sales shift more every year to both electric, and sales in other countries, we will definitely see GM profits being spent on areas they think will grow, not shrink.

Where I live, the Buick buyers are
    septegenarian farmers wives. And Cadillacs? I see them so rarely they are a novelty. Pickups, sure- that will be a cash cow in the US for some time.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Given that China and the EU are expected to only allow electric vehicles by 2035, it's more than reasonable for GM, Ford, VW etc. to aim for that date.

I'd be overjoyed to replace my 1500CC/650Miles-per-tank Diesel with a hybrid, that would give me the advantages of all electric for <100miles with the ability to make longer trips when needed.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If everything was made in China, India, and the like so our American economy could make enough money on every transaction/sale so all of the would-be USA workers could sit home and watch TV 24-7.

Somehow I can't understand how that could work.

26. Likes Trueturning, JST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess that's something that we will only know in time. Most of the people I know aren't tripping over themselves to buy electrics and even the trendier types are largely motivated either by status or perks, such as free charging and preferred parking spots at some companies. All the EV owners I know have IC engine vehicles in the same household.

IMO if GM sold EVs using the same profit formulas they do for conventional vehicles there would be far fewer buyers. Worse yet for the dealers is fewer service visits which are usually the main source of income.

28. Likes Trueturning, JST liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If we could just force petro gas up to $6.00 a gallon electric cars would look more favorable.
    And we could mandate that every family have a horse for when the grid is down.
    Oh, I forgot about the horse farts. We could just can the farts for home cooking fuel.

30. Likes Trueturning liked this post