Greenland - for sale? LOL - Page 12
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post

Keep'em away from California, we have enough problems as it is.

Yeah but you could use people with a higher resistance to, and more experience in dealing with Bubonic Plague and Typhus.
    I hear LA is getting pretty medieval, not that London is any better...

Though I'm still not sure why anybody cares about Denmark, a country who's GDP is about half of Walmart's annual revenue, and greatest achievement is a kids toy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#260 SND
    "Though I'm still not sure why anybody cares about Denmark, a country who's GDP is about half of Walmart's annual revenue,and greatest achievement is a kids toy."

Ten Danes have been awarded Nobel prizes (I am ignoring the Micky Mouse Peace and Literature prizes [3]).

Please tell us about Walmart intellectual achievments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What are Lego's intellectual achievements?
    Walmart revenue was to show how small and insignificant that country is, a drop in the ocean.
    Are you sure you want to compare America's intellectual and technological achievements with Denmark's? hahahaahahaha

Last week most of the world learned there's a place called Greenland which currently "belongs" to Denmark, all thanks to Trump, the memes were great too. Today, back to nobody cares.

Maybe Denmark should focus on why it has the highest cancer rate( non-melanoma excluded ) in the world and solving that.
    The UK can worry about its own problems too before pointing fingers.
    I'm hoping Canada starts getting its clown show in order in October too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why is it when Gordon disappears (illness or banned) all of you suddenly cares for him, and when he is here, everybody is busy making fun of him?
    What a bunch of hypocrites, hiding behind the keyboards.

Make Practical Machinist great again, please!

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by slnielsen View Post
    Why is it when Gordon disappears (illness or banned) all of you suddenly cares for him, and when he is here, everybody is busy making fun of him?
    Fun!?!?!
    I *thought* this was serious?

6. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#260, #262 SND

#1 What are Lego's intellectual achievements?

No idea and I have no intention of finding out.
    ----
    #2 Walmart revenue was to show how small and insignificant that country is, a drop in the ocean.

I suspect that PM readers will have understood that your intention was to insult the Danes.
    I requested information of Walmart intellectual accomplishments, nothing else. Without success.
    I understand that IBM employees have won infinitely more Nobel prizes than Walmart employees, the figure for the latter being zero.
    ----
    #3 Are you sure you want to compare America's intellectual and technological achievements with Denmark's? hahahaahahaha

I am sure I do not want to.
    Please indicate where in #261 I showed any interest in so doing.
    But while the keyboard is warm let us compare Nobel prizes awarded to Danes and Canadians.
    Denmark Population 6 million. Area 16580 square miles. Science Nobel prizes 10, Micky Mouse prizes 3, total 13 .
    Canada Population 36 million. Area 3,855,000 square miles. Science Nobel prizes 14*, Mickey Mouse prizes 12, total 26.
    * science.ca : Canadian Nobel Prize Winners. Other Nobel data from Wikipedia.
    Population and area figures rounded and I have made no attempt to obtain the latest figures.
    I have made no attempt to correct the Nobel numbers for those listed who were born outside Denmark or Canada, but if I had done so the Canadian numbers would suffer.
    Summary, pro rata "small and insignificant" "drop in the ocean" Denmark beats Canada.
    ----
    #4 Last week most of the world learned there's a place called Greenland which currently "belongs" to Denmark,all thanks to Trump, the memes were great too. Today, back to nobody cares.

"Last week most of the world learned there's a place called Greenland" - evidence please.
    "Today, back to nobody cares" - evidence please.
    ----
    #5 Maybe Denmark should focus on why it has the highest cancer rate( non-melanoma excluded ) in the world and solving that.

I know nothing about cancer rates, of any type, anywhere.
    I suspect, without having investigated the issue, let alone being able to demonstrate the accuracy my suspicion, that most people are as ignorant as I am.
    I further suspect that people with detailed knowledge of cancer rates are mostly in the medical profession or have personal/family experience of cancer.

Unless there are reasons why you have detailed knowledge of cancer statistics, this part of your response looks exactly the result of a very recent Google search to enable you to make yet another demeaning statement about Denmark.
    ----
    #6 The UK can worry about its own problems too before pointing fingers.

The UK has problems, which it is attempting to solve. The UK is not pointing any fingers.
    One person from the UK is suggesting that #260 is small minded, that #262 compounds this, that it reflects badly on you, and possibly on Candians in general.
    That maybe you should alter your tone in future, and if you do you may get a better response.
    ----
    #7 I'm hoping Canada starts getting its clown show in order in October too...

I am pleased to be able to share your wish. I am not sure we are singing from the same hymn book, I regard Trudeau as the head clown.
    ----

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Out of beer? How can that be,I haven't supplied any yet. Or do you mean you have drunk all the cats piss before I get there? You have made me a much happier man already,BUT, because of your attitude I have cancelled the singing beer and will now bring fighting beer.
    The boat is leaking? Who supplied the boat? I will give you a clue,it begins with TR Boa.....so you got us a bum deal on that one.
    If you really have a problem with me telling the truth re cats piss then jump in your/our leaky boat and come over and sort it out. I will even buy you a Miller Lite to aid you feel at home.
    Are you bloody mad-
    It’s your beer and I know that because you brung it and are the damn reason we ran out.
    And the bleeding boat is leaking from you stomping your foot while bellowing “We Will Rock You”.
    Who sings that on a invasion..
    I said show tunes not friggin rock anthems.
    When you said ‘singing beer’... well now I know what ye gets..
    Next time..

NO BRITS.

9. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Yeah but you could use people with a higher resistance to, and more experience in dealing with Bubonic Plague and Typhus.
    I hear LA is getting pretty medieval, not that London is any better...

Though I'm still not sure why anybody cares about Denmark, a country who's GDP is about half of Walmart's annual revenue, and greatest achievement is a kids toy.

Whoa there, pilgrim.

Let's not let feelings for a certain PITA spill over to the country that took him in.

There's a lot to admire about Denmark and its people. They have far more exports than just LEGOs and I have always found them a good buy. In our household we have been visited by Danish products ranging from foodstuffs to garden tools of excellent quality steel. Latest was a pair of clever little air jacks called WINBAGs that are great for lifting things like doors and cabinets while installing them.

From what I have seen the general character of the Danish people is pretty good and most of us would be glad to have them as neighbors. They've done a pretty good job of making their economy work and balancing work with leisure. Those who have left the country for other places have often done notable things. The head of an orangutan sanctuary in Borneo is an expat Dane and many others have accomplished much but with little fanfare. We shouldn't confuse annoyance with Gordon with the country that took him in.

11. Likes Trueturning, slnielsen liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Don has spoken!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Whoa there, pilgrim.

Let's not let feelings for a certain PITA spill over to the country that took him in.

There's a lot to admire about Denmark and its people. They have far more exports than just LEGOs and I have always found them a good buy. In our household we have been visited by Danish products ranging from foodstuffs to garden tools of excellent quality steel. Latest was a pair of clever little air jacks called WINBAGs that are great for lifting things like doors and cabinets while installing them.

From what I have seen the general character of the Danish people is pretty good and most of us would be glad to have them as neighbors. They've done a pretty good job of making their economy work and balancing work with leisure. Those who have left the country for other places have often done notable things. The head of an orangutan sanctuary in Borneo is an expat Dane and many others have accomplished much but with little fanfare. We shouldn't confuse annoyance with Gordon with the country that took him in.
    Fair points. I like buying Legos for the kids. They are fun to put together and they teach a lot. Also other things I have seen in the mitering world are some very nice chopping and sawing machines.

I have met people from the Netherlands before which is not Denmark and found them super people. About Denmark I know they have a government which provides advanced benefits for the people. It is different than the US yet somis most of Europe. The differences in people are basically little as a great amount of Americans are from Europe.

The stranger differences and the back and forth differences are not that terrible considering the big picture.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    and greatest achievement is a kids toy.
    That causes adults great (foot) pain.....

15. Likes Trueturning, barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Next time..

NO BRITS.
    See - you should have said ENGLISH only!
    By taking "Brits", you've got the NIrish, the Welshies, the Jocks and the Norfolkolians too!

17. Likes Trboatworks liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Inste3ad of spending even more money that we don't have...I think the US should have a sale !
    Hey Putin !

Wanna buy some ground ?

Use it for missile testing ?

we've got these "reservations", pay no taxes.

All we ask is, have good aim....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Speaking of which...
    What’s the best bottle of dark rum on the planet?
    I’ve got a job going with part of payment tendered in a jug of the good stuff..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of which...
    I’ve got a job going with payment tendered in a jug of the good stuff..
    Cash is best....use that to buy what you need/want.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Speaking of which...
    I’ve got a job going with payment tendered in a jug of the good stuff..
    Not what you asked for, but hey, that's in keeping with this thread LoL, I can thoroughly recommend from Spain, "Licor 43".
    It goes down soooo easy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They’ve got some shops for the mid tier fat cats found in this town.
    $12k for a bottle of booze.

I might stop by and see what they say..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    Not what you asked for, but hey, that's in keeping with this thread LoL, I can thoroughly recommend from Spain, "Licor 43".
    It goes down soooo easy...
    Seconded on the Quarenta y tres!

Nicest act I've seen outta Spain since Cristina Marsillach in "Every Time We Say Goodbye" opposite a YOUNG Tom Hanks.

24. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#277 digger doug
    "Cash is best....use that to buy what you need/want"

Indeed it is, which is why I backed the Australian in the 1987 Wimbledon Men's Singles Final.

Cash is always better than a Czech.

26. Likes barbter, daredo222 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

$12k for a bottle of booze.
    I might stop by and see what they say..
    I say:- You know when you drink something that you aren't quite prepared for, and it literally takes your breath away and you have a coughing fit...