Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    baloney

he is up to his neck in the russians, over and over, your denial of facts is underwhelming
    Proof???

And you're still so angry...

2. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post

To me, Obama was a poor excuse of a "leader".
    Talked the economy down, told you guys "you never built that", never made it to the Paris Charlie Hebdo solidarity march with the other world leaders, or the 70th anniversary of Auschwitz because he was playing golf and at a music concert.
    So???
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    trumpski, is trumpski first, russia second, usa, well, whatever.

he could care less about our country, only that which make him feel better

He is a moron, and wants to buy Greenland because he is stupid, and someone in his relative vicinity said so. Maybe the guy who runs the elevator,who knows

Why?

What do we need it for

Only the moron knows

He is not fit to clean Obama's boots, and I was never a big Obama booster

He has no respect for our system of gov't[what little he understands of it] or any other thing

What, does he think the House is going to go along with buying some big piece of real estate we don't want and don't need, that they are not selling, that the very suggestion of which implies that everything has a price

Guess what, it doesn't
    So what was your take on the talking down of the economy etc and the missing out of important "gotta be seen to be there" visits?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Proof???

And you're still so angry...
    good lord, why is it facts just escape you?
    Links between Trump associates and Russian officials - Wikipedia

Please do your own research

Stupidity annoys me

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So what was your take on the talking down of the economy etc and the missing out of important "gotta be seen to be there" visits?
    what on earth are you talking about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Curious that this matters to you, but how about I counter with Trump ignoring Veterans Day in the US: Trump Says He Should Have Gone to Arlington Cemetery on Veterans Day | Military.com [at least he wasn't out playing golf]

And Obama talking down the economy? The same economy he helped rescue from the previous Republican administration's policies of tax breaks for the rich and running deficits? Sort of (identical to) the DJT policies that will once again drive up costs and deficits for the USA?

7. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Curious that this matters to you, but how about I counter with Trump ignoring Veterans Day in the US: Trump Says He Should Have Gone to Arlington Cemetery on Veterans Day | Military.com [at least he wasn't out playing golf]

And Obama talking down the economy? The same economy he helped rescue from the previous Republican administration's policies of tax breaks for the rich and running deficits? Sort of (identical to) the DJT policies that will once again drive up costs and deficits for the USA?
    You're quite correct - Trump should have gone to Arlington - in the big positions, you have to put yourself out and do the right thing.
    Ref Obama saving the day...He was going to clamp down on Wall street and reform them wasn't he?
    Same as David Cameron was going to do in the UK and the London city traders.
    Both to help prevent what is now happening again in Europe (Deutsche/Commerzebanks for example).
    But I guess they weren't allowed to...

Anyway - I shouldn't have derailed this because Spinit was right - it goes down a divisive rabbit hole and doesn't end well.
    So i'll STFU now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Obama - listens to military advisers.
    I'd like to hear who the Military advisers were who told Obama getting out of Iraq to meet a bs election promise and start ISIS was a great idea.
    Cause a lot of vets I've listened to all said it was a horrible idea to get out when they did and they all knew this would happen. All the Iraqi families who had been helping US soldiers, and trying to rebuild a better country were murdered instantly, hundreds of them. Thanks Obama.

Then again maybe starting ISIS, Libya, Syria, Mali, etc, was the plan...

10. Likes Newman109, digger doug, Scottl, barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gotta say its extra funny how many Europeans still love and swoon over Obama, the #1 guy who is directly responsible for the massive muslim migrant flood across Europe, which will be the end of some of those countries, but again, maybe it was all part of the plan.

12. Likes Newman109 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post

That's the kind of delusion I love to read, as it makes clear that the sender is a dodo.

But dear Dodo, please inform yourself on what brought about ISIS. When Shrub destabilized Iraq by using the OBL (remember him? Obama got him) attacks on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon (planned and initiated from Afghanistan) as a pretext for "getting" his dad's old adversary Saddam, he left an enormous power vacuum in place.

Part of this was due to trying to block old regime military and bureaucrats from positions of power in the new Iraq government. These guys, including a lot of the top military strategic planers then allied with religious extremists from their Muslim sect and created ISIS and its offshoots.

Of note, ISIS was a curious amalgam of criminal (mafia like) money gathering (orchestrated by the ex-military guys), and the religious nutcase side, but as time went on the religious wing grew to dominate. And look at all the antiquities looting, beheadings, and kidnappings that followed...

Ooh, facts and history! I know Dodos don't like such things, but poor Dodo, you've been served.

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/29/...tate-blowback/

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd like to hear who the Military advisers were who told Obama getting out of Iraq to meet a bs election promise and start ISIS was a great idea.
    Cause a lot of vets I've listened to all said it was a horrible idea to get out when they did and they all knew this would happen. All the Iraqi families who had been helping US soldiers, and trying to rebuild a better country were murdered instantly, hundreds of them. Thanks Obama.

Why would you think that? Is it because ISIS (Islamic State In Syria) started life as ISIL (Islamic State In Libya)?

And then there's the support for the Islamic Brotherhood, who took power in Egypt during O's term in office.

Nope. Can't be true. Must be some kind of conspiracy theory. As we all know the Russians were the bad guys in everything. Hell, I even think they snuck in and took that tool I can't seem to find. I couldn't have misplaced it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or you mean the actual military advisors that he listened to an went with the surge in Afghanistan?

Or perhaps the vets yo spoke to didn't remember the hundreds of other vets being bombed and shot at by being somewhere we had no business being in the first place.

Two wars he didn't start that he had to clean up after

but trumpski is not responsible for anything he does,....

talk about Obama Derangement Syndrome

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Why would you think that? Is it because ISIS (Islamic State In Syria) started life as ISIL (Islamic State In Libya)?

And then there's the support for the Islamic Brotherhood, who took power in Egypt during O's term in office.

Nope. Can't be true. Must be some kind of conspiracy theory. As we all know the Russians were the bad guys in everything. Hell, I even think they snuck in and took that tool I can't seem to find. I couldn't have misplaced it.
    Islamic Brotherhood had its origins in 1928. Gosh, that Obama was quite a schemer, planning such stuff well before his birth (in Kenya, no doubt). It "took power" in Egypt because it was democratically elected to do so in 2012, until is was overthrown by the Egyptian military within a year of that election.

Gosh, more facts for the Dodos. Them little birdies been schooled!

But poor little Dodos, they don't learn so good, do they...

17. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Recent pix of Mr. Gustafson out fishing....:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails garylarson-fisherman.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah, Digger the Dodo steps to the plate. Swing and a miss, strike three! And he's outta there...

20. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Digger the Dodo steps to the plate. Swing and a miss, strike three! And he's outta there...
    Oh come on now !

Things were getting a wee bit overheated.

Need to inject some hÜmor now and then.

22. Likes Trboatworks, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Islamic Brotherhood had its origins in 1928. Gosh, that Obama was quite a schemer, planning such stuff well before his birth (in Kenya, no doubt). It "took power" in Egypt because it was democratically elected to do so in 2012, until is was overthrown by the Egyptian military within a year of that election.

Gosh, more facts for the Dodos. Them little birdies been schooled!

But poor little Dodos, they don't learn so good, do they...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Seems to be a reading comprehension problem, somehow morphing support for an existing organization into creating it.

And then of course the usual insults, calling myself and other members "Dodos" repeatedly. Funny, way back in school we were taught that when someone feels they have to resort to that they've already lost the debate. These days it's an integral part of political correctness by trying to bully into silence those who dare to voice other views.

And then there's the choice of insult, Dodo, an extinct bird. Perhaps a subtle hint of what they'd like to do to those of us who won't be silenced? Perhaps they'd like to send us to "reeducation camps" where we would be quietly "wiped out", the phrase used by naturalists for species that have been made extinct by natural calamity or human action.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

‘Play the ball not the man’ is a decent starting place...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And where was DD going? Playing the man, it seems.

Look, I don't like getting mean (if mean is confronting people with facts), but I've gotten totally pissed off with those that constantly lie and do things like blame Obama for things that preceded him, or that he actually succeeded at while trying to repair damage done by his Republican predecessors. And that Trump is now (very purposely) undoing.

I've said this before: I am confused by people who are supposedly in the precision business (machinists, engineers, etc.) who are very comfortable with their lies when it comes to politics and policy. It's like handing somebody a lump of shit and saying "here's your aircraft hydraulic manifold. Isn't it great?". No, it's not great, it not right, and it's not truthful.

So yes, I'll call out the liars. And if they don't like it, there's a simple solution - stop lying. I don't care if people are racists, and if they want their own version of the Third Reich. Just don't tell me that you're a good American and doing God's work. Because you're not.

Be a racist. Be an anti-Semite, anti-Muslim, anti-whatever.

Just
    Stop
    Lying
    About
    It!

26. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The world is trying to tear itself apart.
    I think we can leave some of that at the door.
    We might not be able to control the dialogue out there but we can on our forum.
    Most are old timers here- it doesn’t do any of us any good to be too ugly in these debates.
    We are a team- I might get so pissed off at things that I want to spit in the soup but don’t.
    Mostly...

28. Likes barbter, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    The world is trying to tear itself apart.
    I think we can leave some of that at the door.
    We might not be able to control the dialogue out there but we can on our forum.
    Most are old timers here- it doesn’t do us any good to be too ugly in these debates.
    We are a team- I might get so pissed off at things that I want to spit in the soup but don’t.
    Mostly...
    Sure. Do you post the same to the thermite's, the SND's, and the barbter's?

A little more explanation. Lying is the fundament of corruption (of truth, of reality). And corruption is inevitably the beginning of the end for Democracy. Look at any country that has a (nominally) Democratic system. If there's rampant corruption (Mexico, etc.) there's a non-functioning Democracy, and the beginnings of a failed state.

I love my country. I love what it (should) stand for, about the progress and wealth it's created. But I see that threatened by the lies and the liars. I see the corruption at the very top, and it frightens me. I want to do what I can to put a spotlight on the lies, on the corruption, and if that means starting here, so be it.