Greenland - for sale? LOL - Page 18
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 908
  1. #341
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland- USA
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1896
    Likes (Received)
    2100

    Default

    I post that to everyone.
    This is not kindergarten though.
    Everyone can do whatever they want.
    I just find it exhausting to be against something all the damn time.
    I like a good argument but try to win it with facts not dismissing the other cat.

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    I like a good argument but try to win it with facts not dismissing the other cat.
    Umm, yeah? Have you even read my recent previous posting that rebut lies, with citations?

    As I said, I can accept someone being a racist. Just don't lie about it. Let your freak, sorry, racist flag fly. [not you personally]

  3. Likes Greg White liked this post
  4. #343
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    18,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14024
    Likes (Received)
    14008

    Default

    Guys, why don't you all calm down and walk away - leaving ''the ScotsDane'' to happily post to himself and not wind you up,...………...not easy I know, but it can be done.

  5. Likes camscan, Trueturning, TeachMePlease liked this post
  6. #344
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Guys, why don't you all calm down and walk away - leaving ''the ScotsDane'' to happily post to himself and not wind you up,...………...not easy I know, but it can be done.
    GBC is incapable of winding me up. Once I knew that that was his goal, he could no longer be effective. It's the people like thermite, so comfortable in his lies, that I will challenge and rebut.

  7. Likes Greg White liked this post
  8. #345
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default

    Milland (quote)

    “So yes, I'll call out the liars. And if they don't like it, there's a simple solution - stop lying. I don't care if people are racists, and if they want their own version of the Third Reich. Just don't tell me that you're a good American and doing God's work. Because you're not.

    Be a racist. Be an anti-Semite, anti-Muslim, anti-whatever.

    Just
    Stop
    Lying
    About
    It!“

    Is this kind of rhetoric necessary? Mentioning racism and the Third Reich? I feel it is inappropriate however much clever writing you put out. You are self centered to take this off the rails and then next complain how bad the thread is and try to tell the moderator how he should delete it or close it.

    Politics unless discussed civilly always causes a lot of anger and so this kind of thing is always intentionally done.

    Why don’t we stop with the extremes of this issue? (Politics) Try to be balanced.

  9. #346
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post

    Why don’t we stop with the extremes of this issue? (Politics) Try to be balanced.
    Because it seems that the current accepted norm is to allow the thremites and dismiss the Millands. Again, you asked for "I like a good argument but try to win it with facts not dismissing the other cat". I give facts, with citations. Not "Obama created ISIS".

    Self centered? For defending actual truth and history?

    I plead guilty. And always, always will...

  10. Likes Greg White liked this post
  11. #347
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Norfolk England
    Posts
    2,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2442
    Likes (Received)
    1518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Guys, why don't you all calm down and walk away - leaving ''the ScotsDane'' to happily post to himself and not wind you up,...………...not easy I know, but it can be done.
    Oh how I wish I could give that much more than one like.
    Do you people realise that if I started a thread on fly fishing and I told you about the one that got away you so blame either Mr. Trump or Mr. Obama. It would appear that you are either Republican or Democrat and whichever party you support then that is the ONLY party. Weird, extremely WEIRD.
    Is it not possible that the opposing party can have a good idea?
    Is it not possible that just once a thread does not have to turn political?
    Something you have never seen in a post of mine before and hopefully never again, FOR FUCKS SAKE GIVE IT A BREAK.

  12. Likes Limy Sami, barbter liked this post
  13. #348
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Because it seems that the current accepted norm is to allow the thremites and dismiss the Millands. Again, you asked for "I like a good argument but try to win it with facts not dismissing the other cat". I give facts, with citations. Not "Obama created ISIS".

    Self centered? For defending actual truth and history?

    I plead guilty. And always, always will...
    You just keep going. Plus that is not my quote. I remember earlier you complimented the thread and said you wanted to get back on topic and then you dropped a bomb about racism with the Small Pox blankets. (False) You just want to argue on here. If you are not proud of your country at least don’t spend all your time snidely tearing it down.

  14. #349
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    You just keep going. Plus that is not my quote. I remember earlier you complimented the thread and said you wanted to get back on topic and then you dropped a bomb about racism with the Small Pox blankets. (False) You just want to argue on here. If you are not proud of your country at least don’t spend all your time snidely tearing it down.
    Again, stated in #340 - I love my country, and want to see it succeed. You can dismiss that, you can ignore what I write as you please. But for the reasons I gave (a fear of corruption and a dissolution of the country) I will continue to call out those who lie. With citations, not made up fantasy.

    Why is it not acceptable that I won't follow the Trumper's line?

  15. Likes dcsipo liked this post
  16. #350
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    41
    Likes (Received)
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Oh how I wish I could give that much more than one like.
    Do you people realise that if I started a thread on fly fishing and I told you about the one that got away you so blame either Mr. Trump or Mr. Obama. It would appear that you are either Republican or Democrat and whichever party you support then that is the ONLY party. Weird, extremely WEIRD.
    Is it not possible that the opposing party can have a good idea?
    Is it not possible that just once a thread does not have to turn political?
    Something you have never seen in a post of mine before and hopefully never again, FOR FUCKS SAKE GIVE IT A BREAK.
    If Trump somehow managed to cure cancer they would complain that he put thousands out of work in the medical field.

  17. #351
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Again, stated in #340 - I love my country, and want to see it succeed. You can dismiss that, you can ignore what I write as you please. But for the reasons I gave (a fear of corruption and a dissolution of the country) I will continue to call out those who lie. With citations, not made up fantasy.

    Why is it not acceptable that I won't follow the Trumper's line?
    Hey why don’t you start a new thread about your truth in politics. That way those like you can stay on topic and leave this topic be. The topic has a right as big as yours Harvard/MIT (worker) so stop picking on the folk.

  18. #352
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    If Trump somehow managed to cure cancer they would complain that he put thousands out of work in the medical field.
    No. But then, Trump has never done anything that did not benefit Trump.

    BTW, I spent three years supporting bio-engineering research at Harvard. I do hope that some tiny aspect of the work I did will eventually lead to medical treatments, but it's a very long road. The nice thing about aerospace work is you can see results in a reasonable time frame*, and it's clear if your stuff worked or not.

    *Most of the time. I never worked on the James Webb telescope, but at least those guys get job security...

  19. #353
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Hey why don’t you start a new thread about your truth in politics. That way those like you can stay on topic and leave this topic be. The topic has a right as big as yours Harvard/MIT (worker) so stop picking on the folk.
    Not my truth. The truth.

    For gosh sake, "True" is in your name - what's the big deal about accepting what is actually true?

  20. #354
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Maryland- USA
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1896
    Likes (Received)
    2100

    Default

    I should have kept my damn mouth shut.

    Milland nothing I said was directed at you or any one individual here.
    The whole thread just slipped into such a fractious debate that it was making me ill.

    Ill formed attacks on anything that moved.
    Liberals are idiots, conservatives are fools, he is this another that.

    We can all do a LOT better.
    The country needs a informed debate on thousands of issues not a food fight.

    EVERYONE here needs to clean up their act to one degree or another including me.

    The whole country needs to take a deep breath and move forward with a whole ton of less acrimony.
    I’m getting sick of it.
    It’s exactly as you say- profoundly important that we get it right.

    I need a drink.

  21. Likes barbter, Trueturning, Mark Rand liked this post
  22. #355
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    I need a drink.
    Let me know when you open that bottle of scotch.

  23. #356
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    And then of course the usual insults, c

    Oh now that is funny, reading comprehension is obviously only up for discussion on one side

  24. Likes Greg White liked this post
  25. #357
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Oh now that is funny, reading comprehension is obviously only up for discussion on one side
    It gets a little exhausting...

  26. #358
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Not my truth. The truth.

    For gosh sake, "True" is in your name - what's the big deal about accepting what is actually true?
    OK then fire up your new thread on Truth in Politics. This one is Greenland for Sale LOL and it is interesting. Take it someplace else and then those who like you can join with you. I think you crave attention.


    Tom Hanks - Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know...

  27. Likes Scottl liked this post
  28. #359
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1651
    Likes (Received)
    4824

    Default

    You're welcome to put me on ignore. Click my name, click view profile, click add to ignore list.

    FWIW, I like your icon. I've been in the VAB, and was present for a Shuttle flight that had a small experiment I'd helped make. Was a little too young for a Saturn 5 launch, but that must have been a sight.

  29. #360
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Eastern Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    3,912
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4282
    Likes (Received)
    4132

    Default

    Wow! It just gets better and better. First he calls us Dodos and then after he gets a little polite feedback we're all racists, trying to recreate the Third Reich, and also anti-semitic, anti-muslim, etc.

    Apparently he forgot to include "homophobic" and that latest favorite of the left, "white supremacist".

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I don't care if people are racists, and if they want their own version of the Third Reich. Just don't tell me that you're a good American and doing God's work. Because you're not.

    Be a racist. Be an anti-Semite, anti-Muslim, anti-whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    As I said, I can accept someone being a racist. Just don't lie about it. Let your freak, sorry, racist flag fly. [not you personally]
    This kind of trash talk might be fine if you want to join Antifa and go physically assault those who disagree with you but they don't do much for a man's credibility in a debate. What they suggest is someone in poor control of his emotions.

    Opinions vary. While some feel that Obama did all the right things and Trump is destroying those great and wonderful things, others feel that he (Obama) did a lot of harm to people and businesses and Trump is putting things right by rescinding them.

    An example is the "fatwa" demanding ever increasing reductions in fuel consumption for automobiles. While this is cheered by some as "saving the planet" to others it appears a deliberate attempt to totally eliminate the internal combustion engine.

    Among the complexities auto companies must resort to in order to cut fuel consumption is start/stop technology, where the engine shuts off at every stoplight and must then restart each time traffic moves forward.

    Just this morning while traveling in city traffic the vehicle in the lane to the left of me kept restarting every time traffic moved. The only problem was, he hesitated each time so that the engine didn't re-start just to move ten feet. The problem with that is that it screws up the traffic behind and when a light changes far less cars get through at each light cycle. That makes congestion worse. While this might seem like progress to some, to the rest of it it's unnecessary problems caused by bad policy.

    Ironically, the vehicle in front of me was a Tesla, the type of vehicle they'd like to force us all to switch to. For some reason he too hesitated at each small move forward, perhaps for reasons related to battery charge consumption. While the effect on traffic was not as much as Mr. start/stop it was still noticeable. If this is your idea of progress I say by all means let's go "backwards". Having different views doesn't make one of us a liar.

  30. Likes digger doug, barbter, camscan liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •