Close
Login to Your Account
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Well.... with all the "free shit" being promised?'

How bout free promotions from "Ex spurt" AKA unknown drip to "Wart no-class on Trumps' Ass", and with a nice looking tin badge, prominent Red Star, tapeworm rampant quarterly on field shittily?

Parasites.

God must ha' loved them 'coz she furnished so many taxpayers as hosts for 'em!
    Gosh, thermite, tell me what you think of those big business lobbyists and billionaires getting Congress to vote for tax cuts on their interests, which creates deficits, the burden of which fall on the poor and middle class?

Funny thing, I've noticed the parasites drive awfully nice cars and live in big mansions...

2. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    It seems people have not wished to emigrate there even people from Denmark.
    It might surprise you how many Danes (male and female) have worked in Greenland and there have been many mixed marriages. When I first came to Denmark I was surprised at how many Chinese I saw here until someone told me, with a smile, that they were from Greenland. Greenland students (college and university) study in Denmark.

Danish people in Greenland - Wikipedia

Greenlandic people in Denmark - Wikipedia

Greenland and Denmark

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    It might surprise you
    I am very surprised.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It might surprise you how many Danes (male and female) have worked in Greenland and there have been many mixed marriages. When I first came to Denmark I was surprised at how many Chinese I saw here until someone told me, with a smile, that they were from Greenland. Greenland students (college and university) study in Denmark.

Greenland and Denmark
    Inuit DO get around. Dad did the survey, "Pioneer road" Alcan highway, summer of '42, one of his two guides was Tlinkit, the other Inuit. Visited both by Airstream when he retired, Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District, 12,000 mile road trip.

One came to greet walking oddly bowlegged. Mum said, "Oh! what was it? Ricketts?"

"No, Mrs. we get plenty of that vitamin from blubber or other animal fat.
    Snowshoes, Mrs.
    From the time I could first walk, Mrs. Snowshoes."

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Gosh, thermite, tell me what you think of those big business lobbyists and billionaires getting Congress to vote for tax cuts on their interests, which creates deficits, the burden of which fall on the poor and middle class?

Funny thing, I've noticed the parasites drive awfully nice cars and live in big mansions...
    And don't forget the REALLY nice hospitals for the peasants to die in.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Greenland and Denmark
    That makes sense that Greenlanders would favor college in Denmark. Just having a place to roam open spaces without all that ice and cold would be enjoyable. I noticed there is a University in Nuk. When looking education up I noticed that those from Greenland have a bit of adjustment and higher rate of incompletion.

I do think of the interest in Greenland is a compliment in a way. Opening up to business to the US and other countries will be under the care of Greenlanders and they could benefit from investment. More US military involvement in Greenland might be a good thing considering NATO and facing off Russia and patrolling the gateway to the Atlantic for the Russian Navy.

At least any interest in precious metals or oil must consider the two mile thick ice. It is very expensive to capture those things given it is easier everywhere else. Strategic metals are really found in the US and exploration still is happening all the time. The Metals are here and just require steps to protect the environment.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think Canada should make an offer. They are closer to Greenland than the USA or Russia. Greenlanders might be more happy with a Royal as head of state as well, rather than a real-estate agent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rand View Post
    I think Canada should make an offer. They are closer to Greenland than the USA or Russia. Greenlanders might be more happy with a Royal as head of state as well, rather than a real-estate agent.
    I already noted that the USA and Canada should make a joint offer. Maybe a whole kilo...

10. Likes Mark Rand, camscan liked this post
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a zero chance that the United states will ever acquire Greenland. Right? Why persist with the dicussion?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

12. Likes Gordon B. Clarke liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Peguy View Post
    There is a zero chance that the United states will ever acquire Greenland. Right? Why persist with the dicussion?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
    It ceased being a discussion almost from the start. Interestingly the same "comedians" are those that get offended if they feel their own country gets offended in any way. I've heard Greenlanders comment and some were amused at the childish stupidity shown by Trump and others offended enough to be less friendly to the USA.

14. Likes Charles Peguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your are incorrect on technicals and I disagree on results based on 400+ projects in 30+ countries with US military/gov/worl bank/imf.

The greenlanders do not lack investment or capacity or skill.
    The most successful and most skillfull drillers are next door, with limitless capital and highest experience in the world.

I know of no massive US investment where the inhabitantants retained any major stake or vote.
    Unlike Your statement.
    In Puerto Rico, Mexico, Cuba, Filippines, Hawaii, or china this was not the case.
    Or afghanistan, vietnam, iraq.

Where has heavy US military involvement been beneficial to the nation and the popula as a whole ?

Strategic minerals seem to exist in greenland, in high qty and volume.
    There is no 2 miles ice, and the best drillers (Norway) are right next door.

The *greenlanders* have preferred to keep their natural resources assets, as they grow in value with global demand and resource scarcity.
    This is a much better choice economically.
    But does not allow instant millionaires as a nation.

I do think of the interest in Greenland is a compliment in a way. Opening up to business to the US and other countries will be under the care of Greenlanders and they could benefit from investment. More US military involvement in Greenland might be a good thing considering NATO and facing off Russia and patrolling the gateway to the Atlantic for the Russian Navy.

At least any interest in precious metals or oil must consider the two mile thick ice. It is very expensive to capture those things given it is easier everywhere else. Strategic metals are really found in the US and exploration still is happening all the time. The Metals are here and just require steps to protect the environment.

16. Likes digger doug, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hanermo View Post
    Your are incorrect on technicals and I disagree on results based on 400+ projects in 30+ countries with US military/gov/worl bank/imf.

The greenlanders do not lack investment or capacity or skill.
    The most successful and most skillfull drillers are next door, with limitless capital and highest experience in the world.

I know of no massive US investment where the inhabitantants retained any major stake or vote.
    Unlike Your statement.
    In Puerto Rico, Mexico, Cuba, Filippines, Hawaii, or china this was not the case.
    Or afghanistan, vietnam, iraq.

Where has heavy US military involvement been beneficial to the nation and the popula as a whole ?

Strategic minerals seem to exist in greenland, in high qty and volume.
    There is no 2 miles ice, and the best drillers (Norway) are right next door.

The *greenlanders* have preferred to keep their natural resources assets, as they grow in value with global demand and resource scarcity.
    This is a much better choice economically.
    But does not allow instant millionaires as a nation.
    1. Alaska pipeline.
    2. South Korea, the whole of Western Europe,Northern Europe. Ukraine,Syria,Iraq,Japan,China,The Phillipines. I can go on.
    3. Strategic metals and most everything under the ice is not proven. The US has ample resources of these things they just need some better processes ecologically to extract them and it is less money to buy these things.

The Greenlanders can continue on as they have been if they wish. I will say that if they are waiting for the EU to invest then they probably should have stayed in.

I sense a bit of push back on Americans in general which has nothing to do with Trump as much as it does America. Without Trump the complaints against the US would still be the same.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Waco Johnny O, where you at?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I understand about the concern about the chicken though. I believe that chicken should be cooked properly. The way Chickens are raised here is a bit crowded yet there are Chickens that are not processed that way and I would think that chicken would be better.

Here it has been common for people in the South to prepare a chicken by using a spoon to rub fat off the skin and to use a mild Bleach and water mixture on the entire chicken to kill any bacteria. Then the chicken was rinsed in clear clean water which is plentiful here in the US.

Fact is the way we love even better water than tap water we would likely love the water from the Greenland icecap. A easy factory investment would likely be agreeable to Greenlanders.

The concept you imply that we would just take and return nothing is unfounded. Capitalism rewards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The concept you imply that we would just take and return nothing is unfounded. Capitalism rewards.
    You forgot to add 'the shareholders, and to hell with everyone else and doubly so for the environment if we can get away with it'.

PDW

21. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sense a bit of push back on Americans in general which has nothing to do with Trump as much as it does America. Without Trump the complaints against the US would still be the same.
    That's a yes and no. It is true the USA has become less popular than it was before Trump. Trump has managed to insult just about every ally the USA has and, as if that wasn't bad enough, seems to praise North Korea (Kim Yong-un) and Russia (Putin).

Trump is trying to run the USA as if it was a company rather than a country and most of his companies have been less than succesful to put it mildly. With international "bonding" diplomacy is the name of the game and that's something Trump doesn't have. He's ruling by Tweet. Many of his followers seem to like that form of action but it certainly isn't the way forward outside the USA. Nobody can be sure what will happen tomorrow.

The USA isn't yet much more unpopular than usual but Trump sure as hell isn't doing anything to win friends abroad. The opposite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Greenland for sale?
    Letís buy it

Letís buy it, Letís buy it

The plan might fail
    He still had to try it

Talked to the boss
    She called the plan S**t

Was gonna get on a plane
    He didnít fly it

Itís not for sale?
    Guess we canít buy it

Canít buy it, Canít buy it

Oh well. Maybe we can buy Russia

24. Likes Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Greenland for sale?
    Let’s buy it

Let’s buy it, Let’s buy it

The plan might fail
    He still had to try it

Talked to the boss
    She called the plan S**t

Was gonna get on a plane
    He didn’t fly it

It’s not for sale?
    Guess we can’t buy it

Can’t buy it, Can’t buy it

Oh well. Maybe we can buy Russia
    Are you thermite's litterate son?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's a yes and no. It is true the USA has become less popular than it was before Trump. Trump has managed to insult just about every ally the USA has and, as if that wasn't bad enough, seems to praise North Korea (Kim Yong-un) and Russia (Putin).

Trump is trying to run the USA as if it was a company rather than a country and most of his companies have been less than succesful to put it mildly. With international "bonding" diplomacy is the name of the game and that's something Trump doesn't have. He's ruling by Tweet. Many of his followers seem to like that form of action but it certainly isn't the way forward outside the USA. Nobody can be sure what will happen tomorrow.

The USA isn't yet much more unpopular than usual but Trump sure as hell isn't doing anything to win friends abroad. The opposite.
    I understand that he tries to dialogue with North Korea. To listen to the criticism of the dialogue with Kim and Trump it portrays the potus as weak. Yet really there are sanctions against North Korea and they are no longer shooting missiles over Japan and threatening Guam. Trump has made progress in this regard even though the news media often chides a increase in conflict very often.

What he has done is much better than efforts in the past. Trump has been embattled since he began running for President and he likes to fight. He will side with American interests and catches a lot of flack. Yet this is what he ran on and Manufacturing is better here. Remember it has been said by more than one President that manufacturing jobs have left and were never coming back. The whole time a generation in manufacturing received layoffs and cutbacks in jobs and suffered low pay. Pay still is not where it should be.

America is not perfect by any means yet what I detect is the feeling and belief that the worlds problems are because of America very often as a first reaction.

No I really think it is misguided perceptions often. Someone like Trump and his past brings valid inspection and judgements. Can anyone really have a life free of mistakes and setbacks and expect to not be dogged by it? It seems very unlikely given the polarization between both sides here in the US. The media on both sides are just making money. They have become opinion based and partisan.

Really it is tiresome and disappointing.

27. Likes barbter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you thermite's litterate son?
    I am thermite. We are all thermite.