Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Explaining the numbers behind the rise in reported hate crimes | PolitiFact

The DOJ found a decline...

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/hcs1317pp.pdf

More drilling down into the actual data:

The Hate-Crime Epidemic That Never Was: A Seattle Case Study - Quillette

Maybe New Hampshire is a hotbed of racism- I don't know, never been there. I know that around here, the violence is coming mostly from the Antifa crowd.

There has been a spike in fake hate crime claims though.

A Real Epidemic of Fake Hate | The American Spectator

2. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    That's great, and I fully support that. Now, why did a man of the worst possible character become the Republican candidate, and why did that man's election open the floodgates for a lot of racist and supremacist activities?

As I've mentioned before, the first thing I saw the day after the election was a pickup truck with a big Confederate Battle Flag waving off the back of it. That's not "Southern Pride" (not in NH), that's a very clear message of white power.
    Blah, blah, blah,

Yada, yada, yada

Nothing new, just the same old regurgitated left wing crap.

Big deal. You saw ONE Confederate flag and that somehow proves your point.

It isn't "racism" or "white supremacy" that really has you people upset. Its the rise of populism, which threatens the elitist globalist New World Order and the privileged few. A return to government that doesn't intrude into everyone's life to enforce your views scares you silly doesn't it? Get used to it. It's happening all over the world, which is why we see so many countries rebelling against the EU and other big government relics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Blah, blah, blah,

Yada, yada, yada

Nothing new, just the same old regurgitated left wing crap.

Big deal. You saw ONE Confederate flag and that somehow proves your point.

It isn't "racism" or "white supremacy" that really has you people upset. Its the rise of populism, which threatens the elitist globalist New World Order and the privileged few. A return to government that doesn't intrude into everyone's life to enforce your views scares you silly doesn't it? Get used to it. It's happening all over the world, which is why we see so many countries rebelling against the EU and other big government relics.
    Oh Jezus Scott, no its the racism

Wide open racism.

trump supports it

gov't doesn't intrude in my life.

Basically this and your other post prove the suspicion that you are willing to throw away everything that has been done for the majority of people in your entire lifetime on the extremely radical idea that things take care of themselves, everything will be fine,and if they aren't I'll just shoot the 'wrong doers'

No, the majority of people do not at all believe that corporations will save them and gov't is useless

keep your grubby gov't hands off of my Medicare indeed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A return to government that doesn't intrude into everyone's life to enforce your views scares you silly doesn't it? Get used to it. It's happening all over the world, which is why we see so many countries rebelling against the EU and other big government relics.
    A return to 1930's-style Fascism does scare me, no argument there. I'm sorry that some embrace it, I'd imagine mostly those that have no idea of the damage it's done and what it's cost. A little understanding of history tends to make it clearer.

And for the "blah blah"? Those that won't learn hear only noise...

6. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post

Maybe New Hampshire is a hotbed of racism- I don't know, never been there. I know that around here, the violence is coming mostly from the Antifa crowd.
    Pretty funny considering he lives in one of the whitest areas of the US.

8. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When we think "Make America Great Again" we think of a return to a place where someone could graduate high school and attain a middle class life style, not (as some claim) a return to slavery, Jim Crow and all the other sins that required cleansing. We also seek a return to a place where kids didn't shoot up their schools, people had more social connections with their neighbors and community, and the scourge of drugs didn't ruin so many lives. It wasn't a perfect world but I think it was in many ways a happier world than the one where so many are "connected" electronically while starving for human contact. They say the number one complaint today, especially among the young is loneliness. We have a lot of "things" but in many ways we seem to have traded true contentment for consumerism.
    Those are lovely sentiments, most of which I agree. Now tell me: How is Trump, or the Republican Party, helping us achieve the above ideals?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“We Don’t Have a Problem with White Supremacy. We Have a Problem with Leftist Supremacy.”

And the previous President was the premiere spokesman for Leftist Supremacy, using his bully pulpit to inject himself into everything from the Henry Gates hoax to the tragic yet not so simple case of George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.

It was all part of the plan to "fundamentally transform America/

He issued fatwas against coal, oil, and the internal combustion engine. Under the guise of regulations he actually was creating new un-Constitutional laws out of whole cloth.

Obama’s Thankfully ‘Dictatorial’ Approach to Climate Change

Then, instead of Hillary Clinton (the closer) succeeding him to finish the good work of Leftist Supremacy, the presidency was gained by an upstart outsider who immediately began to dismantle his predecessor's "good works". Panic time, and all hands to the barricades! Time to gin up charges of racism, sexism, collusion, conspiracy and other tools of the resistance. Maxine Waters, another advocate of Leftist Supremacy gave the game away when she started talking about impeachment before he was even inaugurated.

And the next election? Virtually every Democrat candidate today is trying to outdo each other in portraying themselves as the one who will restore Leftist Supremacy to America, even beating up poor Joe Biden for being too moderate.

11. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Fancy a pint(not half a litre) fella?
    A US pint is 0.47 liter and a pint in the UK is 0.57 liter. A liter is a liter

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Well, you better drink one of each to be safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No,sorry it isn't, it's a litre. Can't believe you didn't know that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there's going to be differences in beliefs as what government should do, obviously What astounds though, and maybe is the greatest challenge your country faces, is the number who would defend a politician or political party. I think they're all bloody awful scoundrels who for the most part tell the ignorant masses what they want to hear so they can establish their own wealth and power. None are worthy of my support or blind faith and all deserve scathing criticism. Defending, giving wholesale support for a politicians or a party? As Einstein might have said, I think they got their big brains by mistake. Its this blind faith and polarization that lets the scoundrels wrap you around their baby fingers.

Vote for you think is best, then hold the crooked SOB's feet to the fire

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Henry Louis Gates was arrested on his own front porch, after being coaxed out of his own home by a police officer

Would you consider it a hoax if a cop did this to you?

Or is being subservient to authority figures something that is good for the other?

be serious, american greatness? won't waste my time

Federalist Society says there is no white supremacy

hmm, yeah, I think not

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    ...Federalist Society says there is no white supremacy

hmm, yeah, I think not
    That's what you get from this?

White supremacy is a problem. It has been a problem as long as the United States has existed. The irrational belief that white people, or people of European descent, or however you want to refer to them, are somehow to superior to others is vile. It is a worldview that should be fought, pushed back against, and vilified. But it is not some kind of new crisis that requires us to become less free in order to oppose it.

As has been highlighted during the Democratic primary, within my lifetime there were U.S. senators who actively and publicly supported segregation. Groups like the Klu Klux Klan not only operated openly, but also often had the tacit support of law enforcement. In those days, white supremacy was not a fringe movement animated by lone wolf gunmen, but a coordinated effort to keep power in the hands of white people.

We don’t live in that world anymore. That is not to say that American society has perfected itself or that racism no longer exists, but it is to say that lunatics like the El Paso shooter with his mindless and bizarre, racist, and eco-fascist manifesto do not represent any rising mass threat. In fact, the increasingly violent and malevolent actions of these kinds of people suggest just the opposite: they are losing badly and they know it.

No, White Supremacy Is Not A Crisis

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fact is I would hate to expose Greenland to our politics. Who knows maybe it would be a nice change. Do they sell Glacial water in bottles? That would be some good water. Seems fishing is a major profession. I do not know if crabbing is something they do so I will just check on that.

Greenland manufacturing.
    Greenland - Manufacturing

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I do not know if crabbing is something they do so I will just check on that.
    Crabbing is something we do. Also grousing. I can't tell if I'm a farmer or a machinist anymore...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Found this. They do Crab there.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3i81vJZOY

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fact is I would hate to expose Greenland to our politics.
    Is there any country in the world that, one way or another, isn't exposed to US politics?

Greenland - Main industries
    fish processing (mainly shrimp and Greenland halibut); Oil, gold, niobium, tantalite, uranium, iron, and diamond mining; handicrafts, hides, skins, small shipyards.

YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is there any country in the world that, one way or another, isn't exposed to US politics?

Greenland - Main industries
    fish processing (mainly shrimp and Greenland halibut); Oil, gold, niobium, tantalite, uranium, iron, and diamond mining; handicrafts, hides, skins, small shipyards.

YouTube
    Yes I think there are several. Some may get limited news and controlled by the Government.

North Korea, China, Laos, Yemen,Myanmar,Lybia,Venusuela, Quba,and Vanuatu.

No news at all may be rare. Accurate and regular news no and especially for dictatorships and Communist style countries.

Censorship by country - Wikipedia

Sorry I keep getting kicked off after three minutes here. At least I can state my view sometimes in that length of time.

Censorship by country - Wikipedia

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    A return to 1930's-style Fascism does scare me, no argument there. I'm sorry that some embrace it, I'd imagine mostly those that have no idea of the damage it's done and what it's cost. A little understanding of history tends to make it clearer.
    It can surely be argued we're WELL on the way.
    Look at all the recording of every phone call, every email, all internet history, surveillance cameras, biometric passports etc etc.

Trump is in an identical position to Boris in the UK.
    The more he is denounced as an extremist for making basic points that most people agree with, the more it helps him.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes I think there are several. Some may get limited news and controlled by the Government.

North Korea, China, Laos, Yemen,Myanmar,Lybia,Venusuela, Quba,and Vanuatu.
    I disagree. What the USA says and does (and especially the past few years) very much affects what they do and how they react. I think I recognize the last 3 names you list.

North Korea is certainly very closed but I'm sure China would like to be more closed than it is. Think about how tourism to and from China has boomed.