Login to Your Account
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    1. Trump is in an identical position to Boris in the UK.
    2. The more he is denounced as an extremist for making basic points that most people agree with, the more it helps him.
    ad 1. Also both born in New York

ad 2. They certainly attract a certain type of person and not the kind I'd want as neighbours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    ad 1. Also both born in New York

ad 2. They certainly attract a certain type of person and not the kind I'd want as neighbours.
    Just stay where you are, you won't have a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post

Trump is in an identical position to Boris in the UK.
    The more he is denounced as an extremist for making basic points that most people agree with, the more it helps him.

There is no evidence a majority of Britons support no deal brexit

trump maintains support in the high 30's

so, they are similar in that most people do not agree with them

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Just stay where you are, you won't have a problem.
    Probably not intentional but for once you wrote something sensible.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    There is no evidence a majority of Britons support no deal brexit
    As things are I think most Brits would be delighted with no parliament, no government and no MPs.

Oh oh. Isn't that the situation just now?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    , everything will be fine,and if they aren't I'll just shoot the 'wrong doers'
    Best plan I've heard yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This " National Security Advisor " job, when's it my turn ?

Regards Tyrone.

8. Likes daredo222 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The United States should cover Denmarks contribution to NATO for exchange for the strategic value of Greenland. It is better to put Russia and China on notice to not undermine Greenland and to take controlling interest there.

This should never be allowed to happen. America will be a huge benefit owning Greenland. Or hold the responsibility for protecting the asset of its locale for the future. It will effect the world. Responsibility for protecting Western interests are not to be neglected.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    The United States should cover Denmarks contribution to NATO for exchange for the strategic value of Greenland. It is better to put Russia and China on notice to not undermine Greenland and to take controlling interest there.

This should never be allowed to happen. America will be a huge benefit owning Greenland. Or hold the responsibility for protecting the asset of its locale for the future. It will effect the world. Responsibility for protecting Western interests are not to be neglected.
    Greenland is a country. How would the USA "owning" Greenland benefit Greenlanders?

How would a country go about selling its self? How much did the USA pay for Puerto Rico?

Stateside Puerto Ricans - Wikipedia

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Greenland is a country. How would the USA "owning" Greenland benefit Greenlanders?

How would a country go about selling its self? How much did the USA pay for Puerto Rico?

Stateside Puerto Ricans - Wikipedia
    Not sure about PR. I will study up on them. I have met many Cuban and Puerto RicanÂ’s. Agreed the Greenlanders should be the ones to benefit. They can be completely independent in their own right. Ties to Denmark should be kept.

It could be that perhaps some working arrangement could take place. There would be massive opportunity for Greenlanders. With a population that small it is really in reality a very good prospect. As a state there would be representation and good support. It would be positive for that to occur for the United States and Greenlanders. It should clearly benefit Greenlanders and their offspring.

I understand the suspicions some might feel. I see all kinds of possibilities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Nobody ever retires in Denmark - the jobs are all so good that people refuse to leave them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am surprised to see Malta in that list of good retirement places. I have never seen Malta listed in any list. Do retirees get free malted milks?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Argentina looks fascinating.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure about PR. I will study up on them. I have met many Cuban and Puerto RicanÂ’s. Agreed the Greenlanders should be the ones to benefit. They can be completely independent in their own right. Ties to Denmark should be kept.

It could be that perhaps some working arrangement could take place. There would be massive opportunity for Greenlanders. With a population that small it is really in reality a very good prospect. As a state there would be representation and good support. It would be positive for that to occur for the United States and Greenlanders. It should clearly benefit Greenlanders and their offspring.

I understand the suspicions some might feel. I see all kinds of possibilities.
    I'm not sure what "massive opportunity" there would be that isn't already there but at least your post isn't as offensive or ridiculous as some

I'm surprised that (at least to me) the most obvious "solution" hasn't been mentioned. Greenland (as any country can) establishes a relationship with the USA on a "quid pro quo" basis. Probably the cheapest and least likely problematical solution.

As stated at the time by the Danish prime minister the notion that Denmark could sell Greenland was absurd.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure what "massive opportunity" there would be that isn't already there but at least your post isn't as offensive or ridiculous as some

I'm surprised that (at least to me) the most obvious "solution" hasn't been mentioned. Greenland (as any country can) establishes a relationship with the USA on a "quid pro quo" basis. Probably the cheapest and least likely problematical solution.

As stated at the time by the Danish prime minister the notion that Denmark could sell Greenland was absurd.
    That is correct and doable I would hope. There is still very much the spirit of discovery in Americans. It is seen in how Alaska has been settled and other places. Moving in and overrunning a place is not the way to do things at all.

Working with Greenlanders is. It could be a very uniting place if Europe and North America could settle in to Greenland given ice melt. None of us can easily imagine this actually happening yet it very well could and if it does then it is good to be prepared.

As is Greenland has a lot of interesting yet very cold places. It is a place that scientists love and likely has many mysteries that we all could learn from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think “settling in Greenland” might be overstating the case.
    I mean folk like me are building gin factories there but homesteading?

Why?

Go to Newfoundland sometime- is Greenland any more hospitable if we get the ice off it?

Also- as much as I like disaster movies, it’s gonna take a long damn time to get the ice gone.

One of the things I studied were the mechanics of lake formations in prior ice sheet regions.
    Apparently little (many acres across) chips of ice remain for centuries- they are covered in soil and forest and when eventually gone leave depression which form lakes.
    The reason why natural lakes are largely absent from states south of ice extents and common above..

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    I think “settling in Greenland” might be overstating the case.
    I mean folk like me are building gin factories there but homesteading?

Why?

Go to Newfoundland sometime- is Greenland any more hospitable is we get the ice off it?
    Not really homesteading per say. That might be just fine if Greenland were wanting to go in that way. In America there was a massive wave of people moving through the country displacing the Native inhabitants. This was very disruptive and caused great harm so much that to avoid genocide there was the effort to move natives to Oklahoma. Controversial yes yet without this likely we Marigot be reading about the near destruction of the Native Americans.

Greenland is not populated to that extent.

20. Likes Trboatworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The place could serve a use..

https://www.amazon.com/Gulag-Archipe.../dp/1843430851

We need somewhere to put some ‘undesirables’.
    Just sayin..

22. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is correct and doable I would hope. There is still very much the spirit of discovery in Americans. It is seen in how Alaska has been settled and other places. Moving in and overrunning a place is not the way to do things at all.

Working with Greenlanders is. It could be a very uniting place if Europe and North America could settle in to Greenland given ice melt. None of us can easily imagine this actually happening yet it very well could and if it does then it is good to be prepared.

As is Greenland has a lot of interesting yet very cold places. It is a place that scientists love and likely has many mysteries that we all could learn from.
    If Greenland was independent (and all that would take is a majority vote by Greenlanders) then the subject of something as every day as education crops up. At the moment Greenlanders go to Denmark for college and university education plus get paid to do so.

Not only are Greenlanders and Danes intermixed through marriage but the majority of Greenlanders would prefer "residents" speaking and using their own language.

YouTube

Fascinating?

YouTube