Hoping this subforum keeps getting better and better .. Hello from new moderator - Page 10
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Han,
    Look what you went and started - a shitfest on US politics

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I guess you don't care about facts as long as you get your way. It's a Repug bug or feature depending on your grasp on reality.

Impeachment is NOT a criminal matter. That'll be a separate series of trials of Trump and his Trumpettes. God, I'm looking forward to that!

Oh, and Trump has already threatened the life of the first whistleblower (Repugs: It was a joke!), so becoming of an "innocent" man...
    Even in a civil matter, the accused has the right to confront his or her accuser. It is called "cross-examination". Impeachment would be decided in a trial in the U.S. Senate with standard rules of procedure.

Thus, keeping the identity and facts about the so-called whistleblower secret will be a short-term delight for the liberal. left wing, communist, confrontational revolutionaries who wish to overturn a legally-elected president.

(This is getting to be fun.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    Hillary is presently proclaiming the point that you make - that she won the popular vote in 2016. She claims that she will "beat him again", except neither you nor Hillary mentioned the Electoral College.

It's been pointed out by many others that if the Electoral system were to be abolished as recommended by the democrats and yourself, all future elections would be decided by New York and California. This would effectively disenfranchise the majority of whom you speak.

Is that your goal? Just sayin'.
    Is it possible for a Trump supporter to defend him without bringing up Hillary?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bucktruck View Post
    Not anymore. She is again a serious contender. She is talking about running again. Tell the truth, I'd prefer Hillary to any of the other democrat contenderd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Newman109 View Post
    who wish to overturn a legally-elected president.
    Legally? Since when was Russia admitted as the 51st state?

There's a reason I have you on block, I should remember that so as to not bother with your postings.

6. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Legally? Since when was Russia admitted as the 51st state?

There's a reason I have you on block, I should remember that so as to not bother with your postings.

I've never blocked anyone. I want to know what they think. even if I disagree with them.

Go ahead block me. The truth hurts. Now you won't know what I'm saying about you. LOL.

8. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...Impeachment is NOT a criminal matter. That'll be a separate series of trials of Trump and his Trumpettes.
    That's true, but the courts have ruled that subjects in Congressional hearings are entitled to due process. That's why all the Obama admin officials in Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, email, Benghazi- all were entitled to counsel- and most of them plead the 5th. And dems were allowed to call their own witnesses in every hearing.

Let's have the vote, let's have public hearings with due process. Anything less, the Senate will dismiss any articles received.

I'd love to hear Schiff justify his legal rationale to Roberts. Secret hearings, secret witnesses,no cross. Real Star Chamber shit there.

Anyway, I predict this will all implode quickly. This is the Kavanaugh playbook all over again.

10. Likes Scottl, Newman109 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    That's true, but the courts have ruled that subjects in Congressional hearings are entitled to due process. That's why all the Obama admin officials in Fast and Furious, the IRS scandal, email, Benghazi- all were entitled to counsel- and most of them plead the 5th. And dems were allowed to call their own witnesses in every hearing.

Let's have the vote, let's have public hearings with due process. Anything less, the Senate will dismiss any articles received.

I'd love to hear Schiff justify his legal rationale to Roberts. Secret hearings, secret witnesses,no cross. Real Star Chamber shit there.

Anyway, I predict this will all implode quickly. This is the Kavanaugh playbook all over again.
    Well said. I certainly agree!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Milland change your subject.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Milland change your subject.
    Is that a suggestion or an order?
    Please note,I never,ever comment on US politics but this post seems a little over the top,just like A N Other.

14. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Please note,I never,ever comment on US politics but this post seems a little over the top,just like A N Other.
    Suggestion no orders here.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Which post is that?

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    Ask Hong Kong about the benevolence of China .
    Hong Kong is pissed becasue they are no longer the viaduct of dirty money into and out of the country. They are not "democratic" any more than Taiwan is. The Brits lost the lease after 100 years; two years before leaving they instituted "voting". Maybe you've heard of it. Took 'em 98 years to figure it out. Taiwan had their first election in 1996, about fifty years after they stole all the money and ran away in the middle of the night from losing the civil war. Democratic, uh, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    And EG, if your experience with China only goes back 26 years you missed some of the exciting highlights of the past like the Great Leap Forward, the Cultural Revolution and women put in cages awaiting forcible abortions for trying to have a second child. The People's Republic of China was brutally repressive in the past.
    Great Scott, I had no idea ! It's really good to have an informed person shine that beacon of light on other country's failures.

Now maybe you could aim downward onto your own foundation ? A "capitalist" country built on theft, murder and genocide ? Funny that capitalism proclaims the sanctity of property, but the first thing you did was murder everyone in North Amrica to take their land. The only clear title in all North America might be Manhattan. But even there an underlying precept of contract law is that both parties have to understand the contract.

I'll skip the wikipedia links and just mention trail of tears, wounded knee, sand creek, marias creek .... what the heck, just a few million men, women and children slaughtered by the brave US cavalry. Not one treaty honored, not even one. Great White Father speak with forked tongue - then murder foolish Indians who believed him. Clever, eh ?

Then we have the several hundred years establishment, socially and legally, of slavery. That's real nice. Dred Scott, then Plessey vs Ferguson, then the KKK and widespread lynching, so idealistic and ethical. Still going on, Watts and Detroit riots were because them uppity niggers don't know their place, eh ?

Shall we talk military ? It would be easier to list the countries the US hasn't invaded or overthrown or installed sock-puppet governments, than to list places the ethical and moral US has treated decently. Who haven't you invaded, Lichtenstein ?

That finger you are pointing at ruthless barbaric China ? Maybe it belongs back in its holster. The capitalist, freedom-loving, democratic US has no right to point its self-righteous finger at anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktruck View Post
    Probably not, because if he had run against anyone halfway reasonable, he would have lost. It's the Democrats' fault that we have Donald T.

18. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe the President's justification for his decision to throw his Kurdish allies under the Turkish bus is because the Kurds weren't there on Omaha beach on D-Day ! Really ?

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post

Probably not, because if he had run against anyone halfway reasonable, he would have lost. It's the Democrats' fault that we have Donald T.
    More like it's the rebound anger of an unfortunately large number of white men who hated having a black as President, which rebounded as further refusal to then have a woman elected. It was easy to turn HC into a pariah due to how many people WANTED her to be so, while ignoring the blaring claxons of Trump's flaws.

Trump got in because of latent racism, sexism, and a strong dose of Russian aid. Just like OBL and the outsized effectiveness of his attack on the WTC, we get Putin's thousandfold return from his helping DJT into the White House.

21. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I believe the President's justification for his decision to throw his Kurdish allies under the Turkish bus is because the Kurds weren't there on Omaha beach on D-Day ! Really ?

Regards Tyrone.
    The records of Trumps calls to Turkey to support his Trump hotel will come out. Let alone his taking orders from Putin on abandoning the US support of Syrian rebels and Kurds.

More reasons not just for impeachment, but for trials on his criminal and (literally) treasonous acts. Even his Repug allies are starting to see that this president has gone mad.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More like it's the rebound anger of an unfortunately large number of white men who hated having a black as President, which rebounded as further refusal to then have a woman elected. It was easy to turn HC into a pariah due to how many people WANTED her to be so, while ignoring the blaring claxons of Trump's flaws.

Trump got in because of latent racism, sexism, and a strong dose of Russian aid. Just like OBL and the outsized effectiveness of his attack on the WTC, we get Putin's thousandfold return from his helping DJT into the White House.
    ^^^^
    Racebaiting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^^^^
    Racebaiting.
    Truth telling.

Deal with it.

25. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Truth telling.

Deal with it.
    Not working too hard to be Luny though that come easy for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not working too hard to be Luny though that come easy for you.
    Let me know when you learn English. Perhaps we could converse then.

28. Likes Greg White liked this post