What's new
What's new

Hoping this subforum keeps getting better and better .. Hello from new moderator

hanermo

Titanium
As username "hanermo" I´m the new moderator and will be doing my best to keep things interesting, on point, and civil.

Manufacturing in America and Europe - M.a.e. on PM.
The threads in M.A.E. should aim to be balanced, fair, and lowish on personal digs and excessive socio/political baggage or similar "soundbites".

Let us try to simulate some new comments and thinking, with an EU based moderator for a change.
Please also bear with me as I get to grips with this on a technical and practical level.

Everyone is entitled to their points of view.
My own views will not be making any editorial decisions.

I disagree. I sometimes thought hanermo's posts were incorrect, but never from the standpoint of partisan shouting. I would not class his posts as "lively".

Hope it goes well for you, h.

Same. I've always thought his posts well reasoned and given sufficient background to understand where he's coming from. I may disagree on some things, but respect his thought processes.

Happy to see him take over as moderator. Let's see how it goes.

PDW

I don't always agree with Hanermo but then again there isn't anyone I do agree with all the time.

I'd regard him more as a thorough poster (as in detailed posts) more than "lively".

Good luck Hanermo

As username "hanermo" I´m the new moderator and will be doing my best to keep things interesting, on point, and civil.

Manufacturing in America and Europe - M.a.e. on PM.
The threads in M.A.E. should aim to be balanced, fair, and lowish on personal digs and excessive socio/political baggage or similar "soundbites".

Let us try to simulate some new comments and thinking, with an EU based moderator for a change.
Please also bear with me as I get to grips with this on a technical and practical level.

Everyone is entitled to their points of view.
My own views will not be making any editorial decisions.

Helluva Mod if you manage to steer it ONTO a "technical and practical" level.

EG; Manufacturing, the pragmatic, real-world logistics, techniques, training, hiring, contracting, shipping, duties and admin costs of it and its means of production, methods, tooling, and their costs as well - rather than ... really BAD attempts at sorting geopolitics.

May fortune smile.

May trolls be subject to interminable shipping delays 'til their production line shuts down for lack of incoming parts and raw material.

Just make it so, and see who actually helps you with that.

Now.

Is there ANYONE in Europe as has even the LUBE specs for a 1950's Alzmetall AB5/S uber-drillpress?

I've been having to guess, and that isn't the best way to keep an over-age-in-grade PIV Werner-Reimers drive alive.

Simple really.

No warnings.

Everyone is an adult and can read (and follow) the rules set forth if they so choose.

If they don't, simply delete.

No wasting time & oxygen on 'splaining.

I disagree. I sometimes thought hanermo's posts were incorrect, but never from the standpoint of partisan shouting. I would not class his posts as "lively".

Hope it goes well for you, h.

Poor choice of words perhaps. I meant that he was a frequent poster. Does going from a player to a referee means that he will need to hold back on his opinions which were long and carefully thought out.

Tom

I'm looking forward to having a new moderator. The last one was very partisan and liked to delete peoples entire history for little or no reason. Best of luck to you Hanermo. I've always enjoyed reading your posts from a world perspective instead of the usual "the USA is the center of the universe".

Poor choice of words perhaps. I meant that he was a frequent poster. Does going from a player to a referee means that he will need to hold back on his opinions which were long and carefully thought out.

Tom

Also quite often odd as Hell in the conclusion he made first, then led all that work to!

Minded me of Klein bottles.

Buggers don't have an inside or outside. Or are inside of themselves. Three-Dee, just pick one up and feel of it. But they only have ONE continuous surface. Make a moebius strip look like a right c**t of a shirker, Klein bottles do.

Klein Bottle - A Bottle That Contains Itself | Science Everyday

Oh.. BTW.. it's PM, right?

Chase the link inside the above link...on what MIT is doing with 4D printing, yah?

They get that right, there's a lot more dimensions we can put to work. Much as humans do.

Interesting...still not sure why they don't make an off topic section that has to be joined as a group...this would keep it out of the mainstream and away from those who really don't want to see it.

Interesting...still not sure why they don't make an off topic section that has to be joined as a group...this would keep it out of the mainstream and away from those who really don't want to see it.

That would be WONDERFUL!!! Kudos!!!

And VB can do that.

Note that "new posts" page does not pull-in the "formal" for-sale section.

Migrating the political sandbox - clearly it will NEVER be anything else - out on its own limb in a similar manner would allow hit-counts to continue to accrue to PM's advert engines, but permit the technology-minded folks to just deal with technology, rather than get sucked-in / sidetracked to politics.

As it is now, one can put an INDIVIDUAL on "ignore", but yah have to write code for a filtering proxy to cause a whole forum to no longer be reachable. BTDTGTTS

Even then, it still lists-up under "new posts". The links are simply no longer valid, if clicked.

Much better for more folks, and resolves a problem of many years now, if PM hives it off themselves onto a separate virtual auditorium.

Better yet, if any "ban" in each area can be separately activated and independently maintained so a(ny) moderator has a freer hand to actually USE it more effectively.

AFAIK, VB already supports that option as well.

Why not at least a "trial run", then?

3CW

Whadya mean "hidden from those who don't want to see it"?

Nobody makes you look at this stuff, this column, forum or whatever you want to call it.

If you wouldn't click on it, you wouldn't see it.

It's not like every topic in every part of PM is cluttered up with "political sandbox" material.

There's, what, 2 or 3 that get political?

I never go down to the gunsmith forum part of this. Do they have political discussions? I wouldn't know, cause I don't go down and read through them. If they do, you should go down there and tell them to cut it out because it bothers you reading it.

Back